Thread: Ravens by 13

Ravens by 13

Does everyone like the Ravens being made 13 points favorite over the Jags ? Hope they aren't thinking that way, we need to continue to play our ball. I know the Jags have had a bad season but 13 points seems like a lot to me.

Guys be loud on Sunday let's keep this team up and ready to kick ass.

Go Ravens

Re: Ravens by 13

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Steve View Post
    Does everyone like the Ravens being made 13 points favorite over the Jags ? Hope they aren't thinking that way, we need to continue to play our ball. I know the Jags have had a bad season but 13 points seems like a lot to me.

Go Ravens

I don't think this team is being coached in a way that will allow any point spread matter whether we are favored by 13 or dogs by 13 to impact preparation for a game.

While I hope N.E. loses so they are out of the playoffs (I don't like us going there to play wiht possible snow conditions) I would like this 4:15 game to matter because it is our last chance to get rowdy with purpose. Crapola on the NFL for possibly taking that away from us by changing the time of the game.

Actually, this seems to make for an interesting combination betting strategy: bet NE and JAX. If NE loses, then JAX is very likely to cover.

On the other hand, as one of the guys on NST mentioned earlier today, that 13 point spread is an invitation to JAX to score late and cover.

BS

Wink Re: Ravens by 13

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I would like this 4:15 game to matter because it is our last chance to get rowdy with purpose.
    I'd rather have the Patriots already knocked off, then kick back at 4 pm for a 44-0 shellacking of the Jaguars by our reserves! I'll save the rowdiness for Miami.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I didn't pick the Ravens in my pool this week based on the spread. I have no doubt they will win, but I don't think by 13. I think it's more like 10.

I don't like to pick teams with a large point spread, especially the last week of the season, when teams may rest some or all of their starters. This is the most difficult week to gauge winners using point spreads.

Exactly. A real difficult game to gauge based on the siutation at hand. Wouldn't touch this one.

Win-win on both ends: NE loses and we're in. NE wins and we get to bring our 'A' game at the disposal of the Jaguars. Can't wait - should be electric. And a better time slot to tailgate. Love those mid-afternoon 'gaters!

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Steve View Post

Go Ravens

:happyanim STEVE; I think that 13 points is too many; At this point in the season, and after all that the RAVENS have accomplished, I don't want the FANS to get over confident. The Ravens, surprisingly defeated the Cowboys by 9, and the spread on that game was 4 1/2 in Favor of the BOYZ. I always like to be the underdog; then if you do better, it just feels better. Where would the Ravens be, with out the GUTTY DERRICK MASON???. God Bless Derrick.:happyanim
    Harry O'Sullivan, # 1 Ravens Fan in Sykesville, MD