Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Congratulations to Jamal Lewis

Left on a sour note here, but he cracked the 10,000 yard mark for his career this weekend in the Browns 14-0 loss to the Bengals. 24th player in NFL history to reach that mark. Credit worthy I feel.

:clap: Congrats Jamal :clap:

Re: Congratulations to Jamal Lewis

Congrats indeed.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Congrats to Jamal.

Most rushing yards by a convicted felon (next to OJ).

I am still a big Jamal fan. It is not his fault the Clowns were the most willing to give him the cash.
    I would be willing to bring him back next year to be a backup, for vet min of course, but he still is a good tough runner, just going down with the Clowns.

He is under contract for 2 more years with Cleveland. Even if he were a free agent, I would not bring back an almost 30 year old running back. He is much slower than he was 5 years ago and I never liked the stutter step. I personally don't feel he would fit into our offense anymore. We have LeRon McClain who basically serves the same purpose.

Excuse me if I am not as rah-rah about Jamal Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    In complete agreement with you Stinger. If Jamal had better work ethic he might still be wearing the purple.

Stinger I am with you on this one. I loved Jamal and had a Singed Jersey and Football on display. I understand the business sided of football, however when a player trash talks a team and city on his way to a new team I lose respect. I could understand if he felt like he was not used correctly and he wanted to just say that, however he had just come back from Jail and us fans and our team had to deal with all of the crap that went with it.

Sure he broke records and ran very well for us here in Baltimore ... but the lack of Respect he showed to Baltimore will never get him back on my good list. Is it great that he hit a very big mark in the NFL ... yes ... but cheer for him .. Hell NO!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    :word

fuck 'em

Come on now. How can you hate Jamal Lewis? He was a beast here. The reason he wanted to leave was because he was tired of Brian Billick's piss poor offense and I certainly can't blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by afcnchamps View Post
    Come on now. How can you hate Jamal Lewis? He was a beast here. The reason he wanted to leave was because he was tired of Brian Billick's piss poor offense and I certainly can't blame him.
    Jamal was a great RB, but I don't have respect for anyone who leaves running his mouth about an organization who stood by him when he was going through one of the roughest experiences of his life. They could have just as easily cut him but they didn't. They stood up there and took a lot of heat, and in return he had zero class when he left here. He's an asshole and I'm glad he went to one of the worst organizations in the NFL. They deserve each other.