Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This loss was Cam Cameron's Fault

Terrible calls aside, he called way to conservative a game and let them hang around too long. Our defense was exhausted at the end of the game.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Re: This loss was Cam Cameron's Fault

I would not say it was all his fault. I would and have questioned the lack of the Suggs Package!!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Here we go. . .
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

should have put Troy Smith in.

just joking..

no way there were droped passes and over thrown balls, the play calling was fine the execution was not...period. You want to blame someone blame the players they did not do their job!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

6. Re: This loss was Cam Cameron's Fault

Amen, Rayvens52 - gotta execute!
    Ape4ravens

Agree with the OP, disagree that execution was the only issue. Run run pass sets you up for failure - we saw that for like 7 straight seasons. Our offensive strength was that things were mixed up - we didn't see that today. Way too many 1-2 yard runs from McClain because the D knew what was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Agree with the OP, disagree that execution was the only issue. Run run pass sets you up for failure - we saw that for like 7 straight seasons. Our offensive strength was that things were mixed up - we didn't see that today. Way too many 1-2 yard runs from McClain because the D knew what was coming.
    True. But there were some other factors too:

1) Flacco threw wide on an absolute no-doubt touchdown pass to Mason towards the back endzone corner. He waited too long and launched it too far left.

2) McGahee decided not to block at all on the key sack/fumble that took the Ravens out of FG range in the 4th quarter.

3) McGahee drops a 3rd down pass over the middle that would have converted. Instead we have to punt.

4) Willie Anderson, the confused one, couldn't stop false starting at the worst possible times.

5) When we went spread offense, the Steelers blitzed and no one went hot for Flacco to throw to.

We had some definate execution problems on offense today. Not to mention letting the Steelers march 92 yards downfield on us in their last drive. That was unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Terrible calls aside, he called way to conservative a game and let them hang around too long. Our defense was exhausted at the end of the game.
    I will make the same point here that I did on the other thread. We should have been more conservative on the last play! Think about this. It was 3rd and 8 on their 27. If we run the ball there, we stay in field goal range (would have made it 12-6) and they would have likely taken their 2nd time-out. We spread out the line and Willis decided not to block (not sure why he decided not to block since he decided not to catch the ball tonight).

This loss was not Cam's fault. There were MANY dropped passes. Willis missed 3 cut back lanes that could have been HUGE gains. Joe missed some open guys. The defense missed some tackles and slipped all over the place (Reed and Rolle) on the last drive. They made a few more plays than we did. They will be the number 1 seed on the AFC after they beat the Titans next week. We held our own, but we needed to make 1 one play and we didn't.
    Jamie B.
    509, row 21, seats 10 - 12

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Harry O 29. Having been at the Game today. and having the Rotten Call on the TD by santonio HOLMES , right in front of me at the Stadium. You have to wonder "WHERE THESE REFS GET THEIR DIRECTION FROM?" The NFL or TV headqaurters.
    Next week.. the Ravens Game in Dallas means a ton to both the Ravesn and the Boyz. The Boyz are currently handling ELI and the GIANTs 14-3 as i type.
    I think Cam Cameron did not ATTACK enough tonite..and when he did. FLACCO's passes were HIGH..
    I hate Big Ben. I hate HEINZ WARD.. I just HATE PITTSBURGH.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Glick View Post
    Amen, Rayvens52 - gotta execute!
    .. I agree. but Flacco must assume some of the BLAME.. Cam did not over throw a wide open Mason in the endzone after he had beaten # 43 with the flowing hair.. a PRO qb must complete that pass.. if you want to win.

After getting home from the game I couldn't wait to see replays of the touchdown by the Steelers. Watching the replays from NFL.com showed that the ball never crossed the plane of the goal line. There was one shot shown on CBS that was from a 45 degree angle that made it look like the right call was made, but after seeing it on NFL.com over and over the ball never crossed the plane.

The ref said the receiver had both feet down and controled the ball, but that doesn't make it a touchdown if the ball doesn't make it into the end zone. The league issued a statement saying the call was based on Rule 32, sections A-E. The problem is there is no Rule 32 that describes the criteria of what constitutes a touchdown. The league once again tells us that we didn't see what we saw. Fuck them! Though I wouldn't want to soil my dick with such an endevor.