Status of lightrail

Anyone know if the MTA has solved the problems with the lightrail?

I have been a fan of lightrail since the beginning. I can get from my front door to my stadium seat in less than an hour for about $3. The problem is each year the service gets worse. Last home game against Philly it completely sucked. I swore I would never use it again but am not wanting to pay for parking and sit in a line in a lot at midnight this week.

This country needs more public transportation and I am willing to sacrifice a bit to support its efforts but the nightmare lightrail has become is making it difficult.

Re: Status of lightrail

Don't expect the MTA to be of much help. I calles them earlier in the week concerning the subway and they did not have a clue if it would run past standard hours. Your government in action.

GS...I don't know how you do it. After every game I see the huge line to get on the light rail and I couldn't stand waiting like that. If you go south I can see going up to Camden to beat the crowd..but going north...forget it. You would think they'd learn to add more cars and run more frequently for games.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

I am going to trust my transportation needs and desires to the same politicians who cant balance a check book?

No thanks.

The light rail was a joke from the start.

Poorly planned and on the cheap.

It obeys traffic lights in the city for god sakes.

That said, I dunno what the deal is with the status of the service.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    GS...I don't know how you do it. After every game I see the huge line to get on the light rail and I couldn't stand waiting like that. If you go south I can see going up to Camden to beat the crowd..but going north...forget it. You would think they'd learn to add more cars and run more frequently for games.
    I go south and have my ways to get ahead in line. Last week was the first time I waited more than 15 minutes for a train in a long time. I waited close to hour and twenty minutes. I won't do that again.

G7,
    You live in Severna Park. Isn't there a Ravens bar on Rt 2 not too far above US 50? Perhaps they do a bus to the games? Then again, I used to take a Roost bus from Glen Burnie (I lived in Annapolis) and it took a good long while just to get back to the bar in GB. Then it was another 25 mins down I-97 home.

It really sux that the MTA's Park-n-Ride went away. I know of several fans who got screwed by that. One was an older guy who couldn't get around well. When the Park-n-Ride ended, he could no longer attend.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello