Ravens' roster moves

The Ravens have signed the following player:

Chad Slaughter (6-8, 340, 5th-year Alcorn State) – Slaughter’s bio is attached

Baltimore has also waived the following player:

Robert McCune (LB, 6-0, 245, 2nd-year, Louisville)

CHAD SLAUGHTER

No. 69

Tackle

Years in NFL: 5

Ht: 6-8 Wt: 340

College: Alcorn State

High School: Kimball (Dallas)

Born: 6/4/78, Dallas, TX

Games Played/Started: (2006, 15/6); (2005, 12/0); (2004, 10/0); (2003, 6/1) Total 43/7

Pro: Massive, physical tackle who provides veteran experience on the Ravens’ O-line…Has played in 43 career games (7 starts), including 15 (6 starts) for Oakland in 2006.

2006: (with Oakland) Played in 15 games, starting 6 contests…Also saw action on special teams…2006 SEASON HIGHLIGHTS: Made is 1st start of the season in game 2 at Bal. (9/17).

2005: (with Oakland) Saw action in 10 games, primarily playing on special teams…2005 SEASON HIGHLIGHTS: Saw 1st extended action on offense in the season finale vs. NYG (12/31) when he replaced an injured Robert Gallery at RT…Matched up primarily against Giants Pro Bowl DE Michael Strahan, and did not allow a sack…Saw opening action of the year by playing on special teams in game 7 at Ten. (10/30).

2004: (with Oakland) Saw action in 10 games on offence and on special teams…2004 SEASON HIGHLIGHTS: Played RG in game 8 at SD (10/31)…Saw his initial game action of the season at LG, helping QB Kerry Collins throw for 350 yards in game 7 vs. NO (10/24).

2003: (with Oakland) Played in 6 games on the season, seeing mostly time on special teams…2003 SEASON HIGHLIGHTS: Earned his 1st-career start in the season finale at SD (12/28).

2002: (with Oakland) Was a gameday inactive for all 16 league games during the season and the Raiders’ 3 playoff games.

2001: (with New York Jets and Oakland) Signed by the Raiders to their practice squad after being waived by the New York Jets following preseason play.

2000: (with New York Jets) Was a gameday inactive for all 16 games with the Jets...Claimed by New York off waivers after being waived by Dallas following the training camp…Originally signed by the Cowboys as undrafted rookie free agent.

College: A 4-year letterman at Alcorn State, including 2 years as a starter, he earned All-American and team MVP his senior season…As a junior, he helped lead an offense that ranked 2nd in conference in total offense and produced a 1,000-yard runner...Played for the basketball (center) and track (shot put) teams in 1999...Majored in industrial technology at Alcorn State.

Personal: An All-District selection as 2-way lineman at Kimball (Dallas, TX) HS...Also earned All-District honors in basketball at center and in track for the shot put.

2. Re: Ravens' roster moves

That's a lot of text for say that we brought Chris Slaughter back on the roster

That makes me wonder how bad Terry's and Gaither's injuries really are.

Re: Ravens' roster moves

I though Chad played pretty well in preseason, even had him on my final 53 projections over Krack and Hale. He got picked up by the Jags at some point early this year but I guess was cut when they got some of the injured guys back.

Where is Kacklick? I thought he was a little more versatile and in shape than Slaughter even if not as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I though Chad played pretty well in preseason, even had him on my final 53 projections over Krack and Hale.
    Me too. I figured they would keep Slaughter on the roster and risk allowing Hale to go to the practice squad. Maybe more of a risk than I realized.

The Jags had signed Slaughter right after Collier was shot in the face. They also signed Charles Spencer at about the same time. Presumably Slaughter and Spencer competed to be the back up tackle. They kept both players around for a week and then Slaughter was cut in mid September (leaving them just three tackles: Pashos, Barnes (who had narrowly lost a starting spot to Collier) and Spencer).

Man, Slaughter won't help Cam's pathetic 29th ranked pass offense.

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    Man, Slaughter won't help Cam's pathetic 29th ranked pass offense.
    Neither will pessimistic, negative rhetoric... BOO-YA!!