Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Worse than the loss to the Giants...

is the fan/media reaction. Listening to talk radio is nearly unbearable.

I don't get it. We were in the game at the end of the 3rd quarter. A lucky deflection of an injured WR's shoulder pad led to an easy 7 points for the Giants which essentially ended the game, but that wasn't until the end of the 3rd qtr. We were still very much in the game, the INT happened at midfield, we put up a score on that drive we're one score away with a defense that has allowed very few points in the 4th quarter.

The running thing gets me too. 207 yards total, right? 77 yards came when the game was over, that makes it about 130 yards, good but not great. Take away Brandon Jacobs 36 yarder and we're at 94, still decent, but not 207. Two runs gave them 113 yards! It's not like they were gashing us for 10-15 yards every time a RB touched the ball. Bradshaw had 9 rushes for 96 yards, take away his 77 yarder and thats 8 rushes for 19 yards. Very underwhelming.

If you listen to the media you would think that was the case. I don't think this loss was incredibly embarrassing or demoralizing. We went on the road against the defending champs, maybe the best team in the NFL, and stayed in the game until a fluke turnover. We let up two big runs. OK fine, chalk it up and move on. Typical overreaction IMO.

Re: Worse than the loss to the Giants...

That is the point I was trying to make. Pryce hit Jacobs 5 yards deep on his long run, and Ray was in the hole on the 77 yard gain, he just over ran it, but if they had not been down by so much, he may not have been going for the big hit.
    Mason makes the grab every time with 2 good shoulders. I do not know why he was in the game if he couldn't put his arms over his head though. i don't care if he wants to play through it, a WR needs to be able to put his arms up in order to get on the field if I am coaching.

And if frogs had wings they wouldnt bump their ass when they hop!

4. Re: Worse than the loss to the Giants...

Quote Originally Posted by 73doubledown73 View Post
    And if frogs had wings they wouldnt bump their ass when they hop!
    If my bubby had a schmeckle, she'd be my zady! Translation-- If my grandmother had a penis, she'd be my grandfather!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    The running thing gets me too. 207 yards total, right? 77 yards came when the game was over, that makes it about 130 yards, good but not great. Take away Brandon Jacobs 36 yarder and we're at 94, still decent, but not 207. Two runs gave them 113 yards! It's not like they were gashing us for 10-15 yards every time a RB touched the ball. Bradshaw had 9 rushes for 96 yards, take away his 77 yarder and thats 8 rushes for 19 yards. Very underwhelming.
    How do you take away a 77 yard run that pretty much broke the back of the defense and put the game completely out of reach for good?

Oy.

If "if's and buts" were candy and nuts, oh what a party we would have.

We lost. Period.

There is no "if this play went ..." or "if only this player ..."

That's something Deadskins fan do all the damn time and its butt annoying.

I agree guys ... It is a loss and now we have to focus on 2 games ... Tonight ... The bungals need to stomp the stillers... then On SUNDAY !!! WE NEED TO BEAT THE EGGLES !!!

LETS GO RAVENS !!!!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever_com View Post
    I agree guys ... It is a loss and now we have to focus on 2 games ... Tonight ... The bungals need to stomp the stillers... then On SUNDAY !!! WE NEED TO BEAT THE EGGLES !!!

LETS GO RAVENS !!!!
    Good luck with the Bengals... Don't see that game anywhere near competitive.

All we can do is focus on winning, the Ravens control their own destiny at this point.

Truth is we will probably be 10 - 6, or 9 - 7 at the end of the year and come just short of the playoffs. I will still be happy with that b/c I really like what I am seeing with the new regime and Flacco.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

9. Re: Worse than the loss to the Giants...

The national and local media have been extremely annoying since we beat the Texans. The fans on local radio have been even worse. After a win, they predict a deep postseason run. After a loss on the road to a great team, they predict the Ravens draft status.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    How do you take away a 77 yard run that pretty much broke the back of the defense and put the game completely out of reach for good?
    Who said take it away? And with 2 rookie tackles playing down 17 points in the 4th quarter, the game was well over at that point my friend.

My point is they weren't gashing us for 15 yards per carry. If you want to watch a game where the defense truly gets pummeled watch the Broncos defense sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by nattybohfiend View Post
    The national and local media have been extremely annoying since we beat the Texans. The fans on local radio have been even worse. After a win, they predict a deep postseason run. After a loss on the road to a great team, they predict the Ravens draft status.
    Yup, pretty much. I can't stand listening after a loss, but it's funny after a win because people talk about the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Yup, pretty much. I can't stand listening after a loss, but it's funny after a win because people talk about the Super Bowl.
    It's this EXACT mentality that puts me off from talk radio and the media in general. Very few have the patience, foresight or calm demeanor to see the big picture, not freak out over adversion or get too high after success.

Take a page out of Flacco's pagebook and stay calm in both voctory AND defeat.