Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mano A Mano

Mano A Mano

Should be interesting to see how the Ravens vaunted run defense handles the Giants run game - I bet we stop it cold! Look for an upset W over the G-men next Sunday. And BTW, Mr. Mason, you are one TOUGH hombre!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Re: Mano A Mano

I'm not so sure.....if their gonna have a team/player go over 100 yards, its the Giants/Brandon Jacobs. The dude is a beast! I mean, I hope you're right, but seriously, he's gonna cause some damage!!

I dunno, Jacobs is a tough, great runner, but he's the type we excel against. I'm much more concerned about Ward and Bradshaw.

Brandon Jacobs kinda reminds me of a Jamal Lewis back in his younger years with us...a big, strong power back that just runs through guys. Ever since Jamal left for Clown City, we've always done very well against him. Of course, we're gonna have to up the ante going against a younger, stronger RB who's one of the best in the League right now. But based on experience against Jamal and other powerbacks, I'm gonna say that Jacobs will get close to 100 yds., but will finish somewhere between 75-85 yds. rushing.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16)

I am agreeing with Ravens45. Almost every "threat", be it a receiver or a back, we have shut down thus far. While I am always cautiously optimistic, this is going to be a tough game, but a winnable one.

Keys to this game:
    Stop the Run
    Pressure Pressure Pressure
    No INT's from Flacco (No INT's = WIN)
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

The thing with Jacobs is that if you can get him early before he gets rolling you can stop him. Teams run into problems when he gets going and starts running guys over. Maybe this week we can teach guys like Ivy to tackle the legs.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Stillers shut this guy down. My guess is that we will shut him down before he gets a head of steam up. And, then, as another poster said, it's "pressure, pressure, pressure"!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Not worried about Jacobs.

I am worried about us making Rosenfels look like a decent QB yesterday. Had it not been for Sage being the INT machine that he naturally is, he was on the verge of torching our secondary.

We wont have those kind of luxurious mistakes against Eli.

Giants game will come down to the air game, not the run game.

I am not worried of the G men at all. Simple facts ... Look at the D that everyone claims is so good. They give up huge points and I am looking for Flacco to shoot them out with a 40 plus point game again.

Now for our D... We will stop the run ... We will get Pressure and WE WILL WIN!!! GO RAVENS !!!

This having a O is starting to be CRAZY !!!!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Oy, the purple glasses.

ravenfever, you may be not worried but it's guaranteed the team is VERY concerned.

Granted, they are probably the best team in the NFL right now.

But their strength plays into our hands, so we have a good shot at beating the Giants, better than most.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Granted, they are probably the best team in the NFL right now.

But their strength plays into our hands, so we have a good shot at beating the Giants, better than most.
    I don't know, they seem pretty strong in all areas.

Their defense is 3rd overall behind us and Pittsburgh, 2nd in passing defense and 7th in run defense.

I know they are 15th in passing offense (ypg) but in all fairness when you can run the ball like they can (best in the league), you don't need to pass for a lot of yards. Eli is one of the best QB's in the game right now, which kinda goes without saying. They have good WR's and TE's.

If you look at the Stealers game, Jacobs was shut down for the most part, but they've had the most success against the Stealers defense in terms of running the ball than anyone has. I don't think our defensive line is quite as good as the Stealers, but it's damn close. They seem to get more of a consistent push than we do. Honestly, if Jacobs doesn't break 100 he'll come close. This will be a huge test for our defense. Everyone needs to bring their A game.

Our offense will be effective if we can run the ball. But I know that, the Ravens know that, and the Giants definitely know that. A healthy McGahee/Rice/McClain should be able to run the ball, but I feel like the Giants defensive line will step it up a notch. Flacco has been playing well. This is a winnable game. We can't make any big mistakes, no turnovers, no missed o-line blocks leading to sacks, no big penalties, no fumbles, etc. If this game was in Baltimore I would LOVE our chances. It's gonna be tough though going into the Meadowlands and beating the defending champs, real tough.