Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Brandon Marshall

T.O. junior ladies and gentlemen!

What a nut. Nearly cost his team a crucial 15 yards trying to make some silly political statement. In the post game press conference he tried to read some prepared speech that was utterly pathetic. Typical Obama supporter, can hardly read.

Re: Brandon Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    T.O. junior ladies and gentlemen!

What a nut. Nearly cost his team a crucial 15 yards trying to make some silly political statement. In the post game press conference he tried to read some prepared speech that was utterly pathetic. Typical Obama supporter, can hardly read.
    :( :grbac:

Typical Obama supporter, can hardly read.
    Ignorant.

You lost, get over it.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Typical Obama supporter, can hardly read.
    :grbac:

RD,

Take your political rants to the political forum where they belong. You make our side look very, very bad right now.

I will say that one thing I said in another thread. I give props to Stoakley for putting the stops to it all -- yes, it was a very historical moment and something to celebrate. Just not in the middle of an NFL football game. Stoakley knew right away the importance of NOT doing some sort of political statement and talked him off the ledge.

Doesnt matter what side of the poltical fence you're one -- no politics during the game! I watch the NFL as an escape, not a reminder of how everyone feels politically.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 11-07-2008 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    RD,

Take your political rants to the poltical forum where they belong. You make our side look very, very bad right now.

I will say that one thing I said in another thread. I give props to Stoakley for putting the stops to it all -- yes, it was a very historical moment and something to celebrate. Just not in the middle of an NFL football game. Stoakley knew right away the importance of NOT doing some wort of political statement and talked him off the ledge.

Doesnt matter what side of the poltical fence you're one -- no politics during the game! I watch the NFL as an escape, not a reminder of how everyone feels politically.

I saw Stoakley go and talk to him which looked weird, however I did not see what Marshall was about to do. Can someone please describe what happened in more detail?
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Ignorant comment aside, I wondered also why in that situation the thought even crossed his mind to put his entire team in jeopardy of losing a hard-fought game. Consider:

1. There is 1:14 left
    2. A TD will beat us
    3. The Browns have been carving us up
    4. The Browns' kick returner is on fire today
    5. The Browns have 2 timeouts left
    5. If I play my stupid stunt, My team will have to kick from the 15...so it's very likely that the Browns would end up starting around the 45 or 50.

You can't tell me that this guy didn't know these things intuitively, yet it took Stokley to basically tackle the guy to keep him from performing his stupid act.

So I wonder why this type of thinking and behavior exists in the NFL?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

In a nut shell (and someone correct me if I am wrong) ...

He had a glove that was shoved down the front of his pants. Apparently, the glove had some sort of message on it. It was half white, half black and had the number 44 on it, I believe.

As Marshall was pulling the glove out of his pants, a ref ran over to see what he was about to do. Stoakley, wisely, ran over and held Marshall's hands down and started saying something to him. Another linemen came over as well. He put the glove back in his pants and went back to the sideline. The ref that was right there apparently had his hand on his yellow flag, ready to throw it.

Basically you get a 15 yard unsportsmanlike for a celebration that includes a prop. Call it the TO/Ocho Cinco rule.

[QUOTE=RavensDomination;107485] Nearly cost his team a crucial 15 yards trying to make some silly political statement. In the post game press conference he tried to read some prepared speech that was utterly pathetic. QUOTE]

Said Marshall:

"It [wasn't] about black power, it's not about white or black, it's about U.S.A. red, white and blue. But Stokely came over and said it's too close a ball game."

I really dont see how that would have been a "silly political statement"...

"It [wasn't] about black power, it's not about white or black, it's about U.S.A. red, white and blue. But Stokely came over and said it's too close a ball game."
    It's about winning a fucking football game.

And he needed Stokley to tell him it was a close game? :grbac:

I think if I was Shanahan I would fine the dumbass for even saying that.

Blog Entries

Nearly cost his team a crucial 15 yards trying to make some silly political statement. In the post game press conference he tried to read some prepared speech that was utterly pathetic. QUOTE]

Said Marshall:

I really dont see how that would have been a "silly political statement"...
    He'd still be using a prop.....and Stokley wisely made hi put it away. Could you imagine how much shit he would have gotten if he did his little stunt and Denver would have lost?