Thread: Thank You

Thank You

STEVE BISCIOTTI: You didn't panic and change everything, and you didn't stand pat. Enjoy your division title, bye and home playoff game. And Thank You for not being a Ford, Bidwell, Snyder, or especially an Irsay.
    OZZIE NEWSOME: High round picks? Ngata and Clayton. Low rounds? AD and Dwan Landry. Undrafted? Gregg and Samms. Only five Pro Bowlers? an insult. Thank you.
    BRIAN BILLICK: You took criticism like a man; you took back the locker room; you took the offense; you took two from the Defending Champs; you took the division. Keep on taking. Greed is Good. and Thank You.
    RAVENS BRAIN TRUST: Kerry Collins went to a Super Bowl. Duante Culpepper was young and had playoff experience. Brian Greise was savvy. Steve Mcnair? good call. thank you.
    TITANS: nice enough to cast off Samurai Rolle and Derrick Mason, but you sent us your qb for a 4th-round pick. "Banged-up" 32? sure. and Frank Robinson was an "old" 30. Thank you.
    TL AND THE GUYS: This whole fan website has been an awesome treat for Ravens fans everywhere. I've websurfed around and I haven't seen a better one in all the NFL. this fansite is worthy of the team it's dedicated to.
    THANK YOU 24X7 STAFF, MODERATORS ETC!!!!!

Re: Thank You

Sailorsam........thanks for the kind words. To you and all your compatriots just like you....THANK YOU. Without you, we'd all be spinning our wheels here!

To the future, to the Ravens Riptide Rush D (don't know who came up with that but it's growing on me.....that is after all purple colored Gatorade) and to Festivus Maximus II!

Who said the sequel couldn't be better than the original?

In my best Rex Barney impersonation.....

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Hey Tony - thanks for stopping by our tailgate last Sunday! If you can, stop by again for our next game. (I'm on the HILTI lot with the big Ravens RV that has a stripper pole in it).

You know, great organizations take huge risks sometimes, and waiting on Steve McNair was a huge risk. He could have decided to restructure or just remain with the Tits and holdout. Ozzie took a huge risk in throwing all of our chips on McNair to upgrade QB while ignoring the fans clamoring for Daunte Culpepper.

Ozzie, you took the risk and won! Thank you for being the best GM in football.

Billick, thank you for ignoring the fanbase and valuing cohesiveness on the OL over multiple changes. The Browns signed many FA OL over the past twp seasons, and their OL still stinks. Thank you Billick for being a student of the football game.

Eric Decosta, you drafted Ngata; a no brainer, but you took Chris Chester and fans complained. You took Demetrius Williams when some fans questioned why we would draft another WR. You drafted Dawan Landry and fans again scratched their heads, and then you drafted Sam Koch. Thank you.

Also, thanks to Ozzie for hitting homeruns on every offseason FA signing.

As for 24x7, this is truly the MAJOR LEAGUES of Ravens messageboards. Not only are the mods top notch and the articles excellent, but the fellow posters are mature and very knowledged. Even when we disagree amongst each other (mostly over Boller), we can remain civil. I may disagree with some posters on some topics here, but I RESPECT each and every one of you guys. At the risk of sounding Brokeback, I love you, guys and gals!
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    You drafted Dawan Landry and fans again scratched their heads
    Not to nit-pick, but who scratched their heads over the Dawan Landry pick? Safety was one of our big offseason needs after Demps left, and if anything people thought we picked a safety too low.

Quote Originally Posted by losac View Post
    Not to nit-pick, but who scratched their heads over the Dawan Landry pick? Safety was one of our big offseason needs after Demps left, and if anything people thought we picked a safety too low.
    Over on the minor league board, folks were upset that we passed up Ko Simpson. The drafting of Dawan Landry did not envoke alot of excitement from the posters there. (We, This board, weren't around then). No one expected Dawan Landry to have the impact that he's had at safety. Not only is Landry an upgrade over Demps, he arguably had a better season than Ed Reed.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Also, thank you to Ray for overcoming his 'tude from last year / off season, or whoever took him aside and "helped" him to do it. While he's not quite (but close) to what he was, his leadership is key.