Blog Entries

This will cause a stink

I happened to catch the opening of the Emmys mainly because I like Conan. They did a spoof of 'Lost' where a plane goes down. Conan is on the plane and ends up on an desert island somewhere.

I wonder if the execs at NBC heard about the fatal plane crash today in Lexington.

Bad timing to say the least :(
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: This will cause a stink

They probably should have scrapped it.

3. Re: This will cause a stink

Lexington is just wrecked over this. That is a small little field nestled in the middle of beautiful horse farms. Driving to the airport is like pulling into someones driveway. They are not prepared for something like this.

Another thing- The initial reports had the crash happening from the Cincy airport.(Which is actually in Ky) Do the media ever get anything right before they run with it anymore?

Heck no, why should they. I would have scrapped it also.

5. Re: This will cause a stink

Having absolutely zero interest in these types of awards or the personalities who are regularly lauded, I didn't see the clip.

It does seem to demonstrate though how out of touch Hollywood is. If it didn't happen in SoCA or any other deep Blue region of the country, it's out of sight, out of mind to these folks. However, if a clothing designer for one of the celebs happened to have been on that plane, not only would the bit have been pulled, there would have been a memorial done right there on stage.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

It does seem to demonstrate though how out of touch Hollywood is. If it didn't happen in SoCA or any other deep Blue region of the country, it's out of sight, out of mind to these folks. However, if a clothing designer for one of the celebs happened to have been on that plane, not only would the bit have been pulled, there would have been a memorial done right there on stage.
    RACKALACKA!