Baltimore blacked out?

Perhaps someone can answer this question for me. At 1:00, the Ravens/Raiders are televised here in Baltimore. At 4:00, we're getting Giants/Squealers. Those are the only 2 games televised today in Baltimore. There is no doubleheader on either CBS or FOX. Most of the rest of the country is getting a doubleheader on Fox, as well as a CBS game.

Why are we an exception? I certainly wouldn't mind being able to flip over and catch a bit of Washington/Detroit, or Tampa/Dallas.

See for yourself:

http://the506.com/nflmaps/2008-08-FOX1.html

Also, who came up with the boneheaded idea that we shouldn't have a Sunday night game because of the World Series? I couldn't give a rat's hairy ass about baseball, and I know quite a few football fans who feel the same. I know this isn't the first year for this, as they've been doing this for a while now. But who thought of this brilliant idea in the first place? Sheeeesh!

Re: Baltimore blacked out?

as I understand it, the home team's home network (CBS in our case) only gets our game on dbleheader days.
    as for the WS, it embarrasses the baseball people when a Falcons-Chiefs game (for example) gets better ratings than a Series game. Goodell throwing the poor boys a bone, or maybe part of MLB's tv package/contract.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Re: Baltimore blacked out?

I think per league rules, when the Ravens are home, there can be no game on the competing network (FOX) @ the same time as the Ravens game is on. FOX had the DH today, so hence we only saw 1 of the 2 games on FOX since they had the DH. If CBS would have had the DH, we would have had 3 games on here today. Just the way the DH network schedule lined up with the Ravens game today.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!