Andre Woodson is on the street.

He went from a first round prospect, to a 6th round pick, to the practice squad, to cut.

I wonder what the story on this guy is. He broke Peyton Manning's SEC passing records, and seemed like a lock to be a first day pick.

I did not think the Ravens should have put him on the active roster from the Giants practice squad, but I would like to see him get a shot on our P squad now that he is a street free agent.

Not that we need a QB really bad right now, but this is an interesting prospect. At least as interesting as a Casey Bramlett.

Re: Andre Woodson is on the street.

Long windup, slow feet. Think Byron Leftwich.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Long windup, slow feet. Think Byron Leftwich.
    You would not want a rookie Byron on the P squad? Maybe Cam can coach him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    You would not want a rookie Byron on the P squad? Maybe Cam can coach him up.
    NO, it's not someone that would make a good NFL pro, much like Lefty.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    NO, it's not someone that would make a good NFL pro, much like Lefty.
    Seriously, how could you possibly know that for sure? Just like I think Troy Smith will be a goof player, bu I do not know that for sure. I just like developing QBs. the list of guys who make the playoffs and the probowl from the 5th round on down is really long. The thing they all got to do is sit on a P squad for a couple years or as the 3rd stringer and learn the game with no pressure to be the guy before they are really ready.

Jeff Garcia, Dave Krieg, Doug Flutie, etc...There is always gold to be mined, no matter the size or attributes of the QB, especially if he has experienced success in college. But right now I think adding another QB to the team would be looked upon as a direct knock on Flacco, which his rookie psyche doesn't need right now.

If he was a long shot. . .

He wouldn't have been cut.

My guess is it was something besides his throwing mechanics, something that can't be "coached up." Perhaps something as simple as an inability to learn, perhaps something sinister. Someone like that wouldn't get cut without a good reason though.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    If he was a long shot. . .

He wouldn't have been cut.

My guess is it was something besides his throwing mechanics, something that can't be "coached up." Perhaps something as simple as an inability to learn, perhaps something sinister. Someone like that wouldn't get cut without a good reason though.

My guess is that it was a combination of his throwing motion, and the BRICKS he calls feet. He's a less accurate, Drew Bledsoe with a much slower release and weaker arm. Like a POOR man's Brad Johnson.

Blog Entries

I'd rather keep a more complete QB like Casey Bramlet around...

Woodson is a guy that would need a lot of work to really get to an NFL level. That's why he couldn't make the Giants, nor has any other NFL team made a pass at him (hello, KC anyone?)

I think if he wants a shot in the NFL, go to Arena or Canada for a couple years, catch on as a backup with a team, work your way up the ranks. As for right now, I'd rather take a lower talent, complete player than a guy like Woodson who is a project.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!