Do We Really Want This in the Whitehouse?

From Dreams of My Father:'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'

From Dreams of My Father:'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father:'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

From Audacity of Hope:'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

There may very well be alot wrong about McCain/Palin, but holy fucking shit!!!

Discuss.......
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Re: Do We Really Want This in the Whitehouse?

yes.
    All those quotes show the thoughts of a young man finding himself between two worlds in an upbringing most of us cannot imagine. These quotes reflect the world view of a teenager, not the man that will be the next president.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Can you say dupe?

Because you are duped.
    Mature. Obviously because I choose to vote a different way from you I must be too stoopid to vote.
    Trap, I read her allot but post rarely.
    I have to ask... If Obama wins, which I would be willing to put money on, what will you do? More importantly, what will you say in 8 years when federal govt office buildings DO NOT have 20' posters of Chairman Mao when you enter? What will you say when in 8 years you still have your guns and freedom of religion?
    Trust me, 8 years of Obama will do allot less damage to your way of life then 8 years of Bush has done to mine.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post

From Dreams of My Father:'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'

From Dreams of My Father:'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father:'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

From Audacity of Hope:'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

There may very well be alot wrong about McCain/Palin, but holy fucking shit!!!

Discuss.......
    These quotes are without context. Both books are wonderfully written...full of intellectual nuance about the experience being an african american growing up in a white world. Anyone who has actually read the books, which i would bet you haven't even read the back cover of either, has nothing but praise. Even O'reilly has spoken about his respect for both books.

Haven't you noticed that the right wing smear tactics have only raised Barack's numbers in the polls? Feel free to call him a terrorist, racist, muslim, arab, and communist. The truth is he is absolutely smothering the lurching and sporadic senator from Arizona and the white trash nationalist from Alaska.

Just like is baseball where we could see the Rays go from worst to first this year. You might see a similar scenario from republican bush to democratic obama.