Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Let's go Flacco.

Throw the ball away. Just throw the freaking ball away.

The first time was unnacceptable, but we can chalk it up to a rookie mistake or what ever, but the second one should have gotten you benched. There was no pressure, no need to make a play that was not there, and how about launching the ball as far down the feild as you can in those situations, instead of possible pick 6 late to the sidleine or accross the body in the middle.

Take away those 2 throws, and he played almost pefect football, but those 2 or 3 plays a game have gotten us beat two weeks in a row.

I see a QB controversy. Troy Smith get your game together, because you may be going back in.

Re: Let's go Flacco.

Still a bettter game then Troy has ever had as a pro. Throw in the innacurate midget and that is a compeltley different game.

Blog Entries

Flacco ain't going anywhere...unless he gets injured. He had a terrible game and made some really boneheaded passes, the worst obviously the 2 picks. He really regressed and I think Cam limited the playcalling because they were worried about the Titans secondary and maybe Flac wanted to make something happen?!?

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Flacco ain't going anywhere...unless he gets injured. He had a terrible game and made some really boneheaded passes, the worst obviously the 2 picks. He really regressed and I think Cam limited the playcalling because they were worried about the Titans secondary and maybe Flac wanted to make something happen?!?
    I don't think he had a terrible game by any means. He made 2 rookie mistakes. He came in the 2nd half and looked very good completing 12 straight passes. He made some very nice throws in the 2nd half.

He had a very good game against one of the best D'd in the league, yea he made some mistaes but the guy is playing in his 4th game ever. He will be our starter for a long time!!!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

No, while I would say the Pittsburgh game was a very good outing for him, this game was definitely a poor one. His two interceptions were absolutely terrible and he threw a third one but got lucky that it was juggled. All three times he simply did not see the Titans player who made the play on the ball, twice underneath, and once throwing across his body on the run. In addition, he had several moments where he tried to make something happen when he should have just thrown the ball away. Beyond that, he stares down his target, never pump fakes, never looks off the safety, hesitates... all classic rookie behavior. This doesn't diminish my enthusiasm about his potential, but he had a real "rookie" game today and we can't afford any more of them. Sadly, he now has double the NFL experience of our next best option.

Five of six on the road will be a baptism by fire for Joe Flacco. I hope he's up to it, and I hope Cam gets these mistakes fixed, one by one.

We should all expect this type of performance from a rookie. He is learning and while it did hurt us today, it wasn't the reason why we lost the game.

Troy Smith has been relegated to backup status; so all you Troy Smith lovers might as well cool your jets. The only way he is going to see action is if Flacco is injured. Flacco isn't just the future--he is the present.

This guy is our future. He's gonna have bad days at the office. He's gonna have poor games 6 years down the line. What matters is that he's got the talent and is slowly putting into together. Some of you seriously need to think before you type. These are the mistakes he's supposed to make.

The 2nd mistake should have got him benches? For who, Todd Bouman? Are you freaking kidding me? Jesus Baltimore......

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    He had a very good game against one of the best D'd in the league, yea he made some mistaes but the guy is playing in his 4th game ever. He will be our starter for a long time!!!
    Flacco put up very similar numbers as the "veteran" Collins. Both of them were playing against good D's. So, while Flacco was far from perfect, he also wasn't atrocious.

4 VERY bad INT's in 2 games (5, if you count the INT that called back during the game yesterday).

These were not rookie INT's either. They were all passes that had no business being thrown at all.

Flacco should not be benched, period! That would be a huge mistake. This kid learns and benefits from ojt. He made some critical mistakes, but he's learning, and he is the future of this team. He has got the talent, so just let him get his feet wet! One of his strongest attributes is his confidence - don't destroy that.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    4 VERY bad INT's in 2 games (5, if you count the INT that called back during the game yesterday).

These were not rookie INT's either. They were all passes that had no business being thrown at all.
    Yes it is all about him being a rookie...are you serious. This is about him learning what to do with the ball. You see vet's make the same mistake in games. He is a rookie and is going to do dumb shit, I am not taking away the fact that we all knew he should have thrown it away, but he was trying to make plays to move the O and screwed up, this is what you get with a rookie QB period. This will not be the last time we see this happen!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim