Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Heroes and Goats...

My 5 Heroes last night were the usual suspects:

1) Haloti Ngata- This Tongan monster is the pure definition of STUD and if there is any justice in this world, he'll be visiting family members in Hawaii in February...All expenses paid by the NFL for the PRO BOWL.

2) Terrell Suggs- Quite simply, a BEAST unleashed... The Ravens alltime sack record (70) shall soon pass from P. Boulware to you, T-Sizzle.

3) Le'Ron McClain- Keep on truckin, dude!! You are quickly becoming a force in the League and one of our biggest playmakers on offense. Way to step up big in the spotlight game of our season so far.

4) Derrick Mason- I'd venture to say that in your short time here, you've won my vote as the best Ravens receiver since Michael Jackson. Plus your wifey is a cutey! Your YAC-ability is the reason we even made it to overtime

5) Ray Lewis- To quote Tina Turner: "You're simply the BEST, You're better than all the rest..." Not only do you give heart, brains and balls and leadership to our team as a whole, you make me proud to don the apparel of the Baltimore Ravens as a fan. And you STILL play your position every down as if your job is on the line.

I'll admit that my Goats for last night probably had an off night. At least that's what I'll believe until they prove otherwise in the future:

1) Jarett Johnson- DUDE, WTF?!!:grbac: Totally out of character temporary loss of sanity for this guy... I guess this ends the myth that the lack of discipline on our team was a phenomena unique to the Billick era.

2) Ed Reed- I expect better tackling out of a future Hall of Famer... That diving at their legs stuff rarely works, Ed. Are you still injured and protecting yourself or what?

3) Bart Scott- Played decent, but c'mon man, don't talk smack all week and then whiff on wide open sacks and blow coverage with the game hanging in the balance!

4) Adam Terry- Was beaten like a rented mule early and often , exposing Flacco to unsavory pressure, namely from Harrison and blitzing backers. Arrrrgh!

5) Coach Harbaugh- I understand you're a rookie coach and that you have a great future in Baltimore ahead of you, but what I'd like to know is why all the dumb penalties and lack of discipline? Why couldn't we get our plays in on time? Why no sense of urgency to move close enough at the end of regulation to give ourselves an opportunity for a Hail Mary? And more importantly, why no challenge on the Mason TD that was reduced to a FG?

Despite the outcome though, I'm pretty content with what we've shown so far this season. I think America is now aware that we are NOT the doormat so many of them thought we were and that we are on the cusp of fielding an offense capable of supporting the stellar defense we play.:ww:

Look out TITANS!

Blog Entries

Re: Heroes and Goats...

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    2) Ed Reed- I expect better tackling out of a future Hall of Famer... That diving at their legs stuff rarely works, Ed. Are you still injured and protecting yourself or what?
    Of course he is. That neck injury didn't just clear up overnight, he's still got it and it's been obvious from all three games that he's been trying to protect it.

Would like to add one more to the heroes list, Joe Flacco. Led the offense down the field toward the end of regulation to force OT. Showed EXCELLENT poise and composure considering the circumstances he was under. I'll give him a pass for the fumble, being a rookie and all.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Ray was just enormous. That goal line stand was vintage. What a player.

Props to Joe Flacco too. Joe Cool under enormous pressure and did some things that I've never seen a Ravens QB do. Dude will be a good one.

Goats...Joe Flacco for not tucking the ball. Kid needs to develop the awareness to know when to tuck it and run or just go down.

How about the kick return team, Horrid.

And maybe I am in the minority but I don't blame JJ for the loss. he didn't shank the punt, he didn't whiff on tackles in the secondary, he didn't fumble the ball for a score. He played like a man possesed out there. That's a Raven, fellas.

There were four other personal fouls by the way.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I'm going to go easy on JJ too. His penalty obviously stands out because it was pretty dumb and happened at the most inopportune time. But that wasn't a repeat performance. You never see that behavior from him. He let that smiling fucker under his skin and popped him. I know he's supposed to be a professional, but under the same circumstances, how many of us would like to give him a good shot? My biggest problem? If you're going to hit him and eat the 15 yards, HIT HIM. Hit him so hard, he's can't smile.
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Ray was just enormous. That goal line stand was vintage. What a player.

Props to Joe Flacco too. Joe Cool under enormous pressure and did some things that I've never seen a Ravens QB do. Dude will be a good one.

Goats...Joe Flacco for not tucking the ball. Kid needs to develop the awareness to know when to tuck it and run or just go down.

How about the kick return team, Horrid.

And maybe I am in the minority but I don't blame JJ for the loss. he didn't shank the punt, he didn't whiff on tackles in the secondary, he didn't fumble the ball for a score. He played like a man possesed out there. That's a Raven, fellas.

There were four other personal fouls by the way.
    Agreed, but I put him on the GOATs list because his foul started the momentum the Squeelers needed to rattle off 14 pts in 15 seconds.

Flacco, while showing flashes of brilliance, balanced that out with a few no-nos; namely a lack of pocket awareness that led to a game-altering turnover. He also seems to have at least one brainfart per game when it comes to receiving the snap under center. Overall I'm not pissed because he's a rookie and his upside is that of a Bert Jones or Dave Krieg (Seahawks years), but his grade for this game is a push in my eyes, thus no Hero or Goat status.

I'm sure Flack will earn plenty of HERO kudos in the future though...Just wait until we get a #1 receiver!!:ww:

Great List!

I do have one exception and that's Harbaugh.

Cant fault Harbs at all, IMO. He had the team ready on both sides of the ball and played them (minus an unfortunate 15 seconds) very well. I still dont think that Mason catch was a TD -- watched it more then once today and that simply wasnt a TD no matter the level of purple glasses I put on my face. Good non-call, IMO, that saved a time out.

Does someone know how to transfer video to the boards? I have it on my DVR and can post it if someone has the savvy.

I agree on all the heroes, and I don't know what more can be said about Ray. :respect:

The man played absolutely outta his mind last night. He's showing that age really is just a number. He sent a message to every GM in the league last night. "I can help you win a championship". What team wouldn't want him.

I hope Ozzie's cookin' the books as we speak to be able to match bonus money.

I'd add Heap to the goat list. What can we do to get him outta his funk?

I'm not sure if I'd put Harbaugh on the goat list. Considering it was hit first away game, his first primetime game against the fairly tough very physical divisional opponent I think he did pretty well.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

I watched the Mason TD non challenged non called TD a few times as well...

How do you see it as a non TD?
    Just curious...
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaine View Post
    I watched the Mason TD non challenged non called TD a few times as well...

How do you see it as a non TD?
    Just curious...
    Toes were in but ball was not settled yet. By the time the ball came under control, feet were out.

But lets suppose Harbs did challenge. Even then, it was such a close judgment call I cant see where they would have changed the outcome. Nothing about that play was "clear and convincing", which is the standard for a reversal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    I agree on all the heroes, and I don't know what more can be said about Ray. :respect:

The man played absolutely outta his mind last night. He's showing that age really is just a number. He sent a message to every GM in the league last night. "I can help you win a championship". What team wouldn't want him.

I hope Ozzie's cookin' the books as we speak to be able to match bonus money.

I'd add Heap to the goat list. What can we do to get him outta his funk?
    I didn't put Heap on the list because his primary responsibilities entailed him blocking incoming Squeelers and providing a decoy in the passing game. He was invisible more than he was "bad" last night. I had a smile on my face a mile wide when the Squeeler fan behind me kept cursing at his boys to "Stop Ray FUCKING Lewis!"...:D Mendenhall getting knocked out of the game (and season) by Ray was the final straw and the inbred started downing shots to ease the pain...LOL