1. Exclamation Still No Respect...

Go to NFL.com and there is nothing on the home page about the Ravens...Vic Carucci has the Ravens power ranking as 3rd....behind Da Bears:insane:

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Still No Respect...

Can you tone down the bolding and over-sized fonts, please? It comes across like you are shouting at the rest of us. Nothing wrong with using those things for emphasis but whole posts of emphasis comes off like screaming.

Once again, the talk is about TO, Reggie "Overhyped" Bush, Vince Young, the Colts (win or lose), and the Chargers.

I don't mind being ignored, because we will just continue to do what we do. The last two seasons, we got the attention (with Deion and his "don't throw the five" crap coupled with the attention of coming back), and it did not work for us. Our team is not one that responds well to media hype.

Baltimore is a bluecollar town that is under the radar (save for its rep as the murder capital of the world), and that is where the Ravens should stay.

When we win the SB again, the media can once again proclaim that "Satan has won the SB."
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

That's cause we don't have superstars, so there's no attention grabber out there to be seen. We do everything really well across the board. Other teams just do some things exceptionally well, but their weaknesses can be exploited.

The Pats are in the same boat we are, BTW, and I think they're just as dangerous as we are...

- C -

Can you tone down the bolding and over-sized fonts, please? It comes across like you are shouting at the rest of us. Nothing wrong with using those things for emphasis but whole posts of emphasis comes off like screaming.
    Really? I only get that with ALL CAPS. It's just his unique way of writing

Who cares?

He was just excited. I didn't take his comments as shouting; must my two cents.

I got news for you we do get recognition but we don't get the spot light recognition like other teams. Personally I'm happy with what I've seen on NFL Network's "Total Access" show. I'm happy with the sly comments made on ESPN, CBS, and FOX about us quietly making a name and moving into the Playoffs. What I'm more angry about is the lack of HD Coverage from CBS this year. THAT angers me more then not reading a story about how Ed Reed knew the Cover 2 Defense would stop the run or how Rex Ryan likes to come up with game plans two minutes before the start of the game.

But what do I know?? I'm just a goof on a message board.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

There's a difference between a lack of respect and a general lack of media attention. We're ranked second or third in most of the power rankings, so it's not as if people think we're not any good. But it is true that we don't seem to be talked about as much as other playoff-bound teams. It seems like every Sportscenter on Sunday night or Monday morning leads off with the latest Dallas game, quickly followed by the latest clip of T.O. whining. This guy's act is awesomely old, but the media just doesn't tire of it.

But I think although we might not be drawing a lot of coverage, people know we're good. The two beatdowns of the Steelers opened some eyes, I think.

Found this today from Michael Smith on ESPN with his "crystal ball." Pretty cool.

4. The AFC Championship Game: Because the AFC has been the superior conference this season, its title game will be billed the unofficial Super Bowl. The winner will be favored to win the whole thing. For sure, whoever survives the AFC's playoff field will have earned it. The Chargers and Ravens have been considered the league's best teams pretty much all season. If they meet for the Lamar Hunt Trophy, it might be the most highly anticipated semifinal since the Cowboys-Niners-Packers NFC showdowns of the mid-1990s.

[QUOTE=deuce;23251]Found this today from Michael Smith on ESPN with his "crystal ball." Pretty cool.

The Chargers and Ravens have been considered the league's best teams pretty much all season.

***I beg to differ! just about all the preseason mags had the Ravens as 2nd or 3rd in the div, and most had us ranked 8-10 the first half of the season.
    but who cares? it's not how you start, it's how u finish.