Thread: Piss off Indy

Piss off Indy

Most of you already know this, but I was just curious and checked out the Colts team website to see what they say in their team history. I was reading about Johnny U, Lenny Moore, Don Shula, etc. Finally, I came across the year I was most interested in (1983-1984). They never even mentioned the team skipping town in the middle of the night. I was looking for it like, "What the crap? They're just not gonna even mention it? Like it never happened?" They just go straight to the 1985 season telling how queer-ball Robert Irsay appointed Rod Dowhower as coach (blah blah blah...) I couldn't believe it.

The very first paragraph says "when Colts Owner Robert Irsay moved the historic NFL franchise from Baltimore to Indianapolis—the friendly heart of the midwest." How bout more like "when Colts Owner Robert Irsay screwed the city of Baltimore and moved their team to a city known for Hoosiers and race cars." Towards the end, they claimed 11 Colts hall of famers as their own, with only 1 of the 11 actually playing for the Colts in Indy.

I wasn't born yet when the Colts left Baltimore, but I've heard the stories, seen the pictures, read about Johnny U, my dad telling me stories about Alan Ameche's restaurant "I'll meet ch'ya at Ameche's", and my dad getting thrown out of Johnny Unitas' bowling alley's as a kid. I wasn't around when they were the Baltimore Colts, but if I were, I'd be the biggest die-hard Colts fan there is. I know this may all be old news to some of you guys who actually lived through it 25 years ago, went through these arguments before, but it still just pisses me off that a bunch of wishy-washy, fair weather fans who could give a crap about the Colts unless Peyton Manning's playing stole a team like that (one of the most historic, legendary teams in NFL history) and moved them there.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am praying that the Ravens meet the Colts in AFC Championship game. On a Monday Night, nationally televised, wearing the "pitch black" uniforms, facing a healthy Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney...all of them. "Are you retarded? Every time we play in those exact circumstances, we get the crap beat out of us on national tv." Exactly. So with all the stakes against us, that if we beat them, it will make the moment so much more sweeter.

Piss off Indy.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16)

Re: Piss off Indy

Ravens 45 as one who did live through it and the years without a team I can tell you that continuing to harbor this hatred to Indy and the Irsays is not natural nor is it healthy. That being said Irsay was a turd, drunk, liar who ran his own father out of business and I for one am damn glad he is dead and I will always hate the freakin Irsay's. The whole freakin organization can french my ring.
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

Dude, let it go.

Thanks Trap. That's what I was trying to say. To Fcowher, I never meant for it to be pent up hate. I just got ticked when I read on the Colts webpage their ignorance to how they got to Indianapolis. But I will admit, if something like this happens to the Ravens...then I will have pent up hate towards whoever it is that moves them for the rest of my life. And I'm only 20.

Back to Trap, I never understood why they didn't at least leave the name, history, and colors in Baltimore. If they were gonna move the team, that's bad enough. But to move everything was just overkill. And I agree, I will never forget nor forgive til they return what's rightly belonging to Baltimore. Though I won't get my hopes up...

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16)

Born and raised in Maryland. Lived in Fells Point for 6 years until 2005 when I moved away. I have seen my father cry only once -- the morning he turned on the TV and saw the Colts skipping town.

And I never once said to forget.

But you keep holding onto those bad memories, Trap. I am sure they are doing wonders for your colon.

I'd much prefer to think of the future with Baltimore's team.

i am 25 years old and and never seen the BALTIMORE colts play.i have heard stories and how painful it was to find out they left.as a true and die hard baltimore fan at heart i couldnt imagine living without the ravens and the orioles.sports is a big part of my life and BALTIMORE sports is even bigger.to lose either one of those teams would probally hurt more then a girlfriend cheating.better yet it WOULD hurt more then a girlfriend cheating.

Houston is a dude!? I thought that was a picture of her hotself in her avatar. I'm shattered!!
    O's, Stroh's and Nappy Ho's

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Dude, let it go.
    When Hell freezes over.

Please, all I ask for is forgiveness for what I'm about to say. Let me start by saying that I was alive when they moved, albeit rather young, but I was never a Baltimore Colts fan growing up in Frederick County. I had to choose between the Skins and the Cowboys, so naturally, I was an L.A. Rams fan. Which in a VERY roundabout way brings me to my point. How are the St.Louis Cardinals players in the HOF listed?? How about the Chicago Cardinals for that matter? What about the L.A. Rams players....or the Cleveland Rams players. I don't know about the actual HOF in Canton, but on the web site, all are listed the same way....Current Franchise with previous locations listed parenthetically. I'm not saying its right and I know that many devoted Baltimore Colts fans will never accept Indy or the way the HOF does things. What I am saying is that if all the other cities are treated the same way in the HOF, why should B'more get special treatment and be listed differently? I know my view may not be very popular, especially considering my current locale, but I can tell you this, when the Rams left L.A., I quit following the NFL closely. It wasn't until the Ravens came to town that I decided to come back. As callous as it sounds, if Irsay hadn't skipped town, I probably still would not follow the NFL that closely. Sorry, but that's the way I see it.

HEY...put those torches and pitch forks down.....hey......stop poking my...take down that effigy..no...NOOOO...I'm too young to burn at the stake....AAAAIIIIEEEEEEEE
    Future MVP of Superbowl LXIX