Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: How Much of a Step Forward Do We Expect From Justin Madubuike?

Id be quite happy if he had the exact same season I'm not sure I CAN expect improvements from an all-pro

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    PROUD DISABLED VETERAN DESPITE RSR HATRED

How Much of a Step Forward Do We Expect From Justin Madubuike?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    jon, you stole my thunder (LOL), and I couldn't agree more. The "Step Forward" came in 2023. As far as I'm concerned he can march in place and duplicate it. I'd be fine with that... Bc
    Yall are right - if he consistently gives you 10+ sacks at the IDL, then thatís good enough for me, even if theyre coverage sacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know he's trended up since he came in the league. When does he level off or drop? Was last season an outlier of will he another Donald?

I had my doubts when we signed him to that big contract. We already signed Washington. I know, apples and oranges. I don't know if he can sustain last season's play.

We have a great DL with Pierce, Jones, Mads, Washington, and Urban. Pierce is a bargain if healthy. I'm expecting Jones to get more reps and ball out.

If healthy and get a rotation, this unit should be great. I'm expecting Mads to have another good season. He's now on others' radar. Maybe a drop in numbers.

Show me I'm wrong Mads.

Blog Entries

Unless Oweh and Ojabo step it up I'm expecting a lot more doubles on Madubuike this year. Last year you had pressure from Queen, pressure from Clowney and lots of secondary blitz pressures from Hamilton and Stone. Most of those guys are gone. Will Orr really be able to scheme the secondary the same way? It's much more likely we see a traditional type pressure from a new DC with the middle occupying blockers and the edge guys trying to get home.

Madubuike is going to get blocked and the edge should get opened up. That's going to impact the sack numbers for Madubuike this year to the downside.

So far, no one is expecting a big jump from Madubuike. How sweet would it be if he did take another big step forward and became an unblockable wrecking ball?

Side question. Will he get flagged for a hip drop tackle this year? Heís done it before, and now itís illegal.

The analytics would suggest he is due for some regression in his counting stats. Also, he will be a major focal point of offensive gameplans moving forward. So, I expect his counting numbers to decline some; though I wouldn't be surprised if his "peripherals" take another step forward, as has happened each year he has been in the league so far. Overall, if his counting stats just remain steady, I'd be delighted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Unless Oweh and Ojabo step it up I'm expecting a lot more doubles on Madubuike this year. Last year you had pressure from Queen, pressure from Clowney and lots of secondary blitz pressures from Hamilton and Stone. Most of those guys are gone. Will Orr really be able to scheme the secondary the same way? It's much more likely we see a traditional type pressure from a new DC with the middle occupying blockers and the edge guys trying to get home.

Madubuike is going to get blocked and the edge should get opened up. That's going to impact the sack numbers for Madubuike this year to the downside.
    Agree,
    I remember one play where Queen caught flack because he had a clear shot at the QB and did his play assignment of hitting the guard from the side, opening the loop aroung path for Beeks sack.

Queen was told after the game, if you have a clear shot at the QB, "take it"

But it was a scheme that got Beeks a sack.

I think he will show he was worth the contract, but the numbers won't be as good.

And as you say should open sacks for others .... be interesting to watch the team sack totals, I think Simpson/queen will be a wash, gottt to get Clowney's production replaced by Ojabo/Robinson/Hamm/Harrison/and even Oweh
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

If beeks does what he did last year he earns his money

I was happy we signed Madubuike, even though moderate regression would not be shocking.
    I’m wondering what effect the coaching change will make. Will Dennis Johnson and Mads mesh?Will Johnson help him get better? Worse?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    If he stays level that would be a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed.

No he's not at Chris Jones/Aaron Donald guys...and not getting paid to those levels either. But he's a pro bowl top 6 or 7 DT and you need guys like him to impact the pass rush game. I just wish we had an outside guy to go with him.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I hope he doesn't take a step back after getting paid