Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Pelosi on Jan 6th blames herself

I am not sure why there's even a discussion about who, what or when there was a discussion about bringing in more law enforcement.

It's the freaking Capitol, there should be adequate law enforcement under any circumstance........at a minutes notice. There really was no adequate response even after they realized there was an issue. That's the bigger problem here. What wasn't there a plan in place? It's not Trumps responsibility to make sure the capitol is secured and I am not to sure it's Pelosi's actual job. Pelosi was speaker of the house, it's not her job to sit around and worry about security. Same with Trump. I mean there is/should be someone who is responsible for the security.

The security was severely insufficient that much is absolute truth. There should have been a mechanism in place that triggers a response. Who was responsible for there not being a mechanism? Many of you are just playing politics over this and it's more then that. Was the lack of response intentional? That's what I say. How could we let the Capitol be over run like it did. Jim you keep saying, well that had weapons in their cars outside the district.......so what? That means very little, what if there were trained terrorist at the capitol that had intent to actually cause maximum casualties? You keep saying......but there were, no there was not. That's not what happened........no matter how many times you say it.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Whose?

You guys shift arguments so fast it's hard for me to keep track. I thought you were maintaining that Trump offered Pelosi 10,000 Natl Guard and she refused? So what "request" are you referring to here?
    Who cares.

Someone suggested national guard. Could be the boogeyman; I donít care.

Trump instructs his defense secretary to fill that request, and do whatever is necessary to ensure the safety of the protestors and somehow you are warping that to be that Trump didnít ask for Guard and itís all his fault?

Pelosi literally denied the request and is on record saying itís her fault, but itís not?

What kind of bizarro world do you live inÖ

So first it was that he requested it not to protect the capital, now it is that he only confirmed the request of someone elseís suggestion.

What perverse reason are you going to find to discredit it next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I'll believe the guy who was actually there and in the conversation, over your interpretation (and mine).
    From your link, from your guy, trump said fill the request. So no you are not believing the guy who was there you are again saying the words trump said dont actually mean their common defintion, they actually mean something sinister

By the way, one interesting thing emerges from reading the testimony of the peope involved with the decision making:

They were very influenced by that event from 2020 where Trump crossed Lafayette Park for a photo op at St. John's Church, and Natl Guard + Park Police forcibly cleared the route. A fair amount of bad press came out of that.

Here's an example of that press:

Peaceful Protesters Tear-Gassed To Clear Way For Trump Church Photo-Op
    June 1, 2020
    https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/86753...urch-officials

I am NOT trying to relitigate whether that coverage is fair or accurate. The modern version of that article has a disclaimer that "inspector general concludes the clearing of Lafayette Square of protesters had been previously planned" and adds a new link, Watchdog Report Says Police Did Not Clear Protesters To Make Way For Trump Photo-Op. So maybe the report is hysterical over-reaction: I don't know.

Point is, coverage like that had been out there.

Someone in the stuff that I read today about this, specifically mentions that event. And you can see echoes of trying to avoid that, when you read White House Senior Advisor Max Miller trying to dissuade Trump from "walking with the people" and deploying Natl Guard around himself. You can hear the same thing in the quote from the Metro Police chief that I had in the last post, when he says First Amendment twice. The Acting SecDef that I've been quoting so extensively shows the same preoccupation. To the Jan 6 committee he mentioned the First Amendment; and he says something to that Pierson chick as they walked out of one meeting.

This to me is a very plausible explanation for why a proposal for the Natl Guard wouldn't get out from the White House to Congress. Bureaucracies are always fighting the last war and trying to cover their ass. Somebody was concerned about "optics". Maybe that somebody or somebodies took it open themselves to talk Trump out of offering the Natl Guard.

You don't have to conclude that Trump was cackling while watching the violence at the capitol, and deliberately withholding the Natl Guad. Could be just routine political calculations.
    We all know tear gas wasn't used and this is NPR a taxpayer funded wire. Let's forget about how the "nonviolent" crowd acted before this day not just burning the church and tearing down statues but how they tried to breach the White House fence injuring 50 Secret Service members with bricks, bottles of frozen piss and fireworks. Fires set all over the place and stuff getting destroyed by markings. We seen this all thru The Summer of Love...........but Jan 6th the worst thing since the Civil War even tho cops have been killed in there before and a bomb went off in there.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The Speaker is responsible for the security of the Capital.

Spin away, but it was still Pelosi's call.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    We all know tear gas wasn't used and this is NPR a taxpayer funded wire. Le.
    Another example of jim trying to sat the lie often enough. The protesters were planned to be clear prior to trump going there. They were also not peaceful