Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals

Blog Entries

Re: NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXbio View Post
    Now does anyone think the Mavs can get right at home?
    They say a series doesnt start until the home team loses.

I just dont think the Mavs have what it takes to beat the Celtics. at all maybe, but certainly in a series. The Celtics beat them by 7 or more in all 4 games they faced them. 3 possession wins are pretty big wins, and that was the least they won by. Kyrie gets on and he and Luka combing for 60+, they could steal one, but Tatum hasnt even scored 20 yet, so its not like Boston is playing their best etiher and cant improve on what theyve already done.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXbio View Post
    You two been arguing with some blind rage lol you have both brought up some good points but absolutely refuse to acknowledge each others points and just call for insults instead.
    He hasnít made one good point about any actual discussion topic. He has done nothing but attempt to create straw men and pretend I said something else so he can keep the debate going.

He just said Jason Tatum was Brock Purdy and you think he made good points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celtics win in five.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Its been hard to watch my old debate buddy turn into a emotional tantrum insult machine. Its kind of like losing a family member to drugs.
    Ok, so since you failed to bring up an actual salient point against Bostonís ability to become a dynasty, let me do it for you.

You are focused on the wrong winner.

Brissett, Kornet and Tillman are immaterial. If we are being generous they are the 9th, 10th and 11th men on the roster, and Brissett has a highly regarded rookie right on his six.

They will be easy to re-sign if Stevens wants to, and my guess is Kornet is given a 40% raise to stay on as the third center, probably a 4 year deal with max raises.
    I think the other two get switched out for two different minimum contract guys, and they go elsewhere on a minimum contract. Their fit is questionable. Maxzula wouldnít even play Tillman.

The Following summer is where you should have focused. 14 months from now, following back-to-back championships.

Al Horford will likely retire. This is your 6th man, a player that matters.

And perhaps more importantly, we can pause and discuss Derrick White.

The way the cap is set up, Derrick White will become a free agent. He will not sign an extension because it would be a massive underpay. The league only allows a 40% raise and then 5% annual raises.

If he goes to free agency, he can sign a 25% or the cap Max contract with Boston or anyone else. Boston will be able to offer 8% raises, anyone else only 5%. So he CAN stay with Boston and continue to collect rings AND maximize his earnings, and there is absolutely nothing in the CBA to stop them.

They do, however, have to be willing to pay that, and the tax, on top of their current roster. This is possible for a team coming off Back to Back chipís eyeing a few more with Prime Superstars under forever contracts.
    Retaining white, however, may mean the team CHOOSES to send Holliday packing. For smaller pieces. It may mean the team CHOOSES not to renew KPís deal.

But they CAN continue to pay all of those guys.

Charles Barkley says he's going to Dallas and then he's going on vacation right after that

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Celtics win in five.
    Agreed...I think it's a Gentlemens sweep.

Celtics have clearly been the best team all season long, the advanced metrics have them far and away ahead of everyone else. Only way I saw them not winning it all was if they had a mental block like they've had quite often the last few years or injuries. When they play their game, they are the best team in the league...and likely will be for the next few years.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    He hasnít made one good point about any actual discussion topic. He has done nothing but attempt to create straw men and pretend I said something else so he can keep the debate going.

He just said Jason Tatum was Brock Purdy and you think he made good points?

Lmao ok that wasnít one of Ďem

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Agreed...I think it's a Gentlemens sweep.

Celtics have clearly been the best team all season long, the advanced metrics have them far and away ahead of everyone else. Only way I saw them not winning it all was if they had a mental block like they've had quite often the last few years or injuries. When they play their game, they are the best team in the league...and likely will be for the next few years.
    Yeah I expect the want to clinch it in Boston anyway so I say one more win then give Dallas or give me and clutch it at home

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

He couldn't leave it alone, hes obsessed with me

Okay so you just acknowledged that the Celtics may have to let guys walk for money reasons , which is what I've been saying and surely you must acknowledge that the 2nd apron penalties will make them harder to replace

And when Derrick White gets a max or close to it the Celtics won't be matching.

There's no world where the Celtics owner goes broke paying 300Ms in Luxury Tax. He's not Steve Balmer

So you're gonna let guys walk and not be able to replace them as easily as before

You're agreeing with me, you're just upset about it .

Also Mavs are getting swept with or without kp

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I believe in Devontez Walker

He couldn't leave it alone, hes obsessed with me

Okay so you just acknowledged that the Celtics may have to let guys walk for money reasons , which is what I've been saying and surely you must acknowledge that the 2nd apron penalties will make them harder to replace

And when Derrick White gets a max or close to it the Celtics won't be matching.

There's no world where the Celtics owner goes broke paying 300Ms in Luxury Tax. He's not Steve Balmer

So you're gonna let guys walk and not be able to replace them as easily as before

You're agreeing with me, you're just upset about it .

Also Mavs are getting swept with or without kp

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    No, donít twist my words.

May CHOOSE to, not ďhave toĒ those are ENTIRELY different phrases that mean entirely different things.

The Celtics will almost certainly be the team that gives White the Max, full-stop.

I am NOT ďagreeing with youĒ. I am VERY MUCH adding context, nuance and actual knowledge to your poorly formed arguments and actually applying. Then in a reasonable and j formed manner. I am playing devils advocate, of what COULD BE.

You pretended prior, didnít understand, and acted like they would be FORCED into these decisions; which they most certainly will not be.

I am not upset. In fact, I am actually happy to know that I donít act like a total moron and spout off about topics I donít actually understand.

Yes and the Celtics COULD CHOOSE to give everyone a Max, except not really because in reality that roster would cost 500Ms total and your owner is not Steve Balmer and he simply isnt capable of paying that.

The Celtics WILL NOT have a roster that cost Twice as any other roster in history, If you think this youre simply mistaken, I know it upsets you but its the truth.
    I believe in Devontez Walker

Yes and the Celtics COULD CHOOSE to give everyone a Max, except not really because in reality that roster would cost 500Ms total and your owner is not Steve Balmer and he simply isnt capable of paying that.

The Celtics WILL NOT have a roster that cost Twice as any other roster in history, If you think this youre simply mistaken, I know it upsets you but its the truth.
    No, itís a weak opinion, not a fact, not the truth.

You should really understand the difference. I know that is expecting a lot more than you are capable of.