Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: America Will Be Argentina in 2025

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    I'm going to assume you know Milei and his party are against these pay raises and this is mainly on the opposition party and yes govt programs need to be cut to regain fiscal spending.
    Milei's vice president was the one who presented the law, and it was approved unanimously.
    If Milei agreed, he could veto it, to approve laws gifting embassies, salary increases and designating family members.
    They will like his speech, but he is crazy, he has been here for 6 months, and there is more inflation, more unemployment and consumption has fallen

And without offending, you talking to me about Argentine politics is like me talking to you about US politics.
    The only salaries that increased were from politics, where 95% are corrupt, everyone, from all political parties.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentinaRaven View Post
    Milei's vice president was the one who presented the law, and it was approved unanimously.
    If Milei agreed, he could veto it, to approve laws gifting embassies, salary increases and designating family members.
    They will like his speech, but he is crazy, he has been here for 6 months, and there is more inflation, more unemployment and consumption has fallen
    Your vice president is like our vice president. They only vote on a tie breaker. In this country Senate can override a veto and I believe same as yours The Senate is controlled by the opposition regardless if you like that or not. Inflation has also went down.

It was also not approved unanimously and I read a few articles before. Apparantly it was a show of hands which is beyond ridiculous.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentinaRaven View Post
    And without offending, you talking to me about Argentine politics is like me talking to you about US politics.
    The only salaries that increased were from politics, where 95% are corrupt, everyone, from all political parties.
    We have people on this forum who defend Biden. Just living in a country doesn't mean you make the smart choices.

I don't need a house in Buenos Aires to know that a near 300% inflation rate is a terrible for an economy. The Argentinian economy was such a gigantic cluster-fuck that over the last decade your currency has lost 90% of its value to the dollar. You owe 45 billion to the IMF. https://apnews.com/article/argentina...53af37908bcb78

It's gonna suck. Chemo therapy is putting poison into the body to kill cancer cells before they can kill you. Milei is facing the same hurdle. The Argentinian economy has been fubared for so long that there's no magic wand to fix it. It will hurt this year, but you'll come out the other side much better off.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock