Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

America Will Be Argentina in 2025

Even the soup kitchens are shutting down. There are women who are providing their own money to help feed people because the government cut the funds. The poor and middle class are done for. President Milei is trying to woo big tech leaders in America. His schedule includes private meetings with three of tech's biggest names: Google CEO Sundar Pichai, Apple boss Tim Cook, and Meta founder Mark Zuckerberg. John Deere is moving manufacturing production from the Midwest to Mexico. The states with the highest homelessness: California, New York, Florida, Texas, and Washington. Property taxes in the first 4 states are high. This is a rich mans' world! If you haven't paid off your home and have no money in the bank, you are screwed. No one is coming to save you.
    Last edited by simplesimon; 06-06-2024 at 12:09 PM.
    "Stocks are not equity. It's a way for companies to borrow money they never have to pay back."

Re: America Will Be Argentina in 2025

Simple Simon says BE SHORTSIGHTED. Argentina's economy has been in shambles for a long long time. Learn yourself.

https://www.economicsobservatory.com...ina-face-today

The truth will set you free.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

You need 3 or 4 generations of corrupt politicians to get close to what Argentina is.
    A beautiful country, with good people, but with many corrupt politicians (of all political stripes)

I fell short with the generations, 5 or 6, plus they would need 25 years of military dictatorships (they took charge of the country with weapons and not with an election), murder and disappearances of people who did not think like them, appropriating babies of those murdered so that they do not think like them.
    that these dictators, when they no longer knew how to remain in power, entered into a war against England, recovered democracy and etc etc etc.
    I don't think Usa is close to being Argentina

What Milei is looking for is money laundering in the same style as Menem (another president) laundering drug trafficking and weapons.
    That's why he talks about dollarizing.
    The dollars are not going to come from the US reserve....
    There are many Argentines who did not find out.
    I am totally against Milei, for me he is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentinaRaven View Post
    What Milei is looking for is money laundering in the same style as Menem (another president) laundering drug trafficking and weapons.
    That's why he talks about dollarizing.
    The dollars are not going to come from the US reserve....
    There are many Argentines who did not find out.
    I am totally against Milei, for me he is crazy
    I'm curious about this. The 1,000 peso note was worth 58$ when it first debuted in '17. Now a 1k note is worth a dollar. Yet ever since Milei took office, inflation has slowed remarkably. Didn't it hit 3% in May, the lowest in a decade? Argentina just had it's budget surplus in how long?

I get that things are a little tougher right now, but isn't fixing one of the world's worst economies worth some short term pain in order to repair what is basically a dumpster fire?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock

Low inflation, because low consumption of goods and services.
    There is a lot of loss of purchasing power, and consumer habits have changed.
    in addition to layoffs, and the lack of job creation.
    In any country in the world, if you crush small medium-sized businesses, the immediate future is not good.
    Here the rich got richer and the rest choose what they can spend on.
    I see bad times ahead

Low inflation, because low consumption of goods and services.
    There is a lot of loss of purchasing power, and consumer habits have changed.
    in addition to layoffs, and the lack of job creation.
    In any country in the world, if you crush small medium-sized businesses, the immediate future is not good.
    Here the rich got richer and the rest choose what they can spend on.
    I see bad times ahead
    But Argentina has had one of the worst economies for almost a century. The inflation rate has been hovering around 200% for the last 80 years. It defaulted on its international debt nine times. You have to see that something has to drastically change.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock

You know what Simple Simon. You might be right. As long as Trump is elected.

https://www.breitbart.com/latin-amer...ices-30-years/

Things are on the upswing. Pretty good stuff huh?

10. Re: America Will Be Argentina in 2025

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    You know what Simple Simon. You might be right. As long as Trump is elected.

https://www.breitbart.com/latin-amer...ices-30-years/

Things are on the upswing. Pretty good stuff huh?
    Inflation is going down here too. I remember when milk and french fries were expensive at Walmart. There just over $2.00 now. The problem is jobs are being lost just like in Argentina. A company in Texas was bought by a equity firm just laid off everyone (2,000 people) and closed the company. They're probably going to use the property for a rich resort. Remember when Covid happen. Gas was dirt cheap but small businesses were closed. Deflation is not good at all. No one has any money to spend except the wealthy or people like me who have money in the bank. AI will replace almost everyone. I'm going to quote one the real powers who said this...Elon Musk.

"In a benign scenario, probably none of us will have a job. There would be universal high income. There would be no shortage of goods and services. The question will really be one of meaning: if a computer can do, and the robots can do, everything better than you, does your life have meaning? I do think there's perhaps still a role for humans in that we may give AI meaning." (VivaTech, May 23, 2024).
    Last edited by simplesimon; 06-24-2024 at 06:25 PM.
    "Stocks are not equity. It's a way for companies to borrow money they never have to pay back."

I don't take inflation as a bad word, it's just that we shouldn't go to its extremes.
    Inflation is mobility, if the price of the product/service rises one can determine the cause and work to balance it (work more, research, develop, innovate, do not consume).
    Before inflation I would end political corruption.
    For example, here in Argentina they cut spending on health, education, and infrastructure works, but senators, deputies, and all their advisors increase their salaries by almost 100%.
    The problem of Argentina and any country is not inflation, it is political corruption.

I don't take inflation as a bad word, it's just that we shouldn't go to its extremes.
    Inflation is mobility, if the price of the product/service rises one can determine the cause and work to balance it (work more, research, develop, innovate, do not consume).
    Before inflation I would end political corruption.
    For example, here in Argentina they cut spending on health, education, and infrastructure works, but senators, deputies, and all their advisors increase their salaries by almost 100%.
    The problem of Argentina and any country is not inflation, it is political corruption.
    I'm going to assume you know Milei and his party are against these pay raises and this is mainly on the opposition party and yes govt programs need to be cut to regain fiscal spending. Govt involvement is what creates political corruption