Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Grading out the Depth Chart (Offense)

So, what lineups are we looking at to start 2024?

QB: A+.. not much needs to be said here.

RB: A+.. Henry-Hill duo (like the mobster), Mitchell, Ricard. Should be a destructive force. Even if KM is not fully healthy, Hill is a great change of pass after the defense gets punished by Henry.

WR: C+.. it's Zay and a bunch of question marks here. Bateman and Walker meshing early on with Lamar will be pivotal. Agholor should be able to do roughly what he did last year more or less which was a good role for him. Pressure is mostly on Bateman with this group.

TE: B+.. Andrews and Likely in 2TE sets is much needed as both players have proven themselves as a force in the passing game. The coaching staff in my eyes is now charged with the responsibility of being able to generously utilize them both.

OL: C+.. Here is where it gets tricky. Linderbaum is a true dawg, while Stanley has lost a step and we don't know what we're going to get from guys like Faalele and Cleveland. Rosengarten, I think will be a day 1 starter and immediate contribution that can truly elevate this grade.

My prediction here is

QB1: Lamar
    RB1: Henry
    RB2: KM
    RB3: Hill
    FB: Ricard
    WR1: Zay
    WR2: Bateman
    WR3: Walker
    WR4: Agholor
    TE1: Andrews
    TE2: Likely

LT: Stanley
    LG: Vorhees
    C: Linderbaum
    RG: Cleveland
    RT: Rosengarten

Re: Grading out the Depth Chart (Offense)

Offense looks solid. The line is the obvious unknown in this equation

Blog Entries

Grading out the Depth Chart (Offense)

If no one signs, Dalvin Cook, I would think they might have an interest after the first game. They’re not gonna sign him early and guarantee his salary.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If no one signs, Dalvin Cook, I would think they might have an interest after the first game. They’re not gonna sign him early and guarantee his salary.
    Perfect Practice Squad candidate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

" TE: B+.. Andrews and Likely in 2TE sets is much needed as both players have proven themselves as a force in the passing game. The coaching staff in my eyes is now charged with the responsibility of being able to generously utilize them both. "

Cool-x, since you gave WR a "C+", then unless there's a veteran addition, I believe we will have to rely on the TEs. So I'd give the Andrews/Likely combo an "A" because they already deserve it, and may be doing some heavy-lifting in the receiving department... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    " TE: B+.. Andrews and Likely in 2TE sets is much needed as both players have proven themselves as a force in the passing game. The coaching staff in my eyes is now charged with the responsibility of being able to generously utilize them both. "

Cool-x, since you gave WR a "C+", then unless there's a veteran addition, I believe we will have to rely on the TEs. So I'd give the Andrews/Likely combo an "A" because they already deserve it, and may be doing some heavy-lifting in the receiving department... Bc
    Agreed Bc. Is there a better TE group in the NFL? TEs have to be an A.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Agreed Bc. Is there a better TE group in the NFL? TEs have to be an A.
    No.., there isn’t, particularly if you rightly also consider Ricard part of that group as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post

Andrews coming off ankle surgery.. its a B+ for me
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Andrews coming off ankle surgery.. its a B+ for me
    So what NFL TE group would you give an A to?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

I think there are a few teams that have good groups

KC with Kelce and Noah Gray
    Falcons with Kyle Pitts and Jonnu Smith
    Bills, Pats

but yeah the Ravens TE group ranks right up there at the top, given whether you would rank one of these higher

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It seems to me you've got to factor in the schedule which is a killer. Depth two to 3 deep is going to be essential to get through this season and still have enough in the tank for the playoffs.Looking in those terms,every group drops down a grade. We'll know by week 8 if this team is going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by signore View Post
    It seems to me you've got to factor in the schedule which is a killer. Depth two to 3 deep is going to be essential to get through this season and still have enough in the tank for the playoffs.Looking in those terms,every group drops down a grade. We'll know by week 8 if this team is going anywhere.
    You grade differently than I do.

I thought the question was just “how good are these guys compared to the rest of the NFL?”

Ray Lewis was Ray Lewis whether he was playing the Cardinals or the Patriots.

"Chin up, chest out."