Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Free talk Friday - 05.24.24

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Hello friends, summer is underway here in Nor-Cal. I laugh when people say it is hot out and it is 80 degrees. Fool, there is no humidity and a nice breeze.

Linda is doing okay. The transplant is a bit iffy; it looks like she is going to need some booster cells from her donor. We were unaware that there might be more required than the original transplant. It is a little deflating for her/us to see her blood counts move around like a ping-pong ball. Apparently, the transfer can still fail. We had a scare with her liver and kidneys for a moment, seems the cells take a bit of time to move all the way around the different organs, you neve know which one might reject them.

She is feeling a little down, and I have been doing the best I can to lift her spirits. We are very grateful for what we have, which is more than a lot of people in this world; we practice gratitude. On that note, I gave her a happy moment on her birthday last week. We took a helicopter ride over Lake Tahoe.

Positive attitude goes a long way. Great job getting those endorphins going with such an awesome helicopter ride.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I always wondered if it was phosphates or two much stabilizer causing it to chlorine lock or what ever you call it. I know my stabilizer got way to high the second year after we put our pool in and you had to have the chlorine jacked up way high around 4 or else algea would keep coming back. That with high phosphates and it was impossible. Got both of them right last year and zero algae issues
    Probably stabilizer, used old strips and kept telling me cyanuric acid was too low so I kept adding, when I went to Leslie's to get water checked, that said way too high and I should drain 1/2 of the pool

@RWT same pump/filter I disassembled things and cleaned everything (each finger separately).

Heading outside now to begin hooking it up.... stopped by a friend's pharmacy and he was so swamped, I rolled up my sleeves and worked with him for 2 hours to help dig him out.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

We have a local pool shop that would check your water for free. I just take a container down there every couple weeks and buy whatever we need which is usually stabilizer or muriatic acid.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Thanks, friends! Keeping upbeat really is half the battle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Thanks, friends! Keeping upbeat really is half the battle.
    Cap'n, you're right. Being optimistic of mind is 1/2 the battle. In my case, seeing the fight your Linda is fighting, makes me confident that I'll win the battle (prostate cancer) I'm contending with. As I go through my treatments, I can't help but think of what this courageous woman is encountering. She and I are both fortunate to have spouses that support us 100%.

... Bc