Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Pittsburgh hosting the 2026 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Somehow they are expecting all those people to come to Green Bay next year. As crazy as those issues are with Pittsburgh how the hell are they going to fit in Green Bay? It wasn't that long ago that the visiting teams had to stay in Appleton because there wasn't enough hotel space for them in the city. Green Bay has less than 1/3 the population of Pittsburgh. My guess is the NFL is thinking if they can host this event in Green Bay they can host it anywhere
    I donít think it will necessarily be the amount of people currently there in the city but the influx and where to put all those people.

Donít know the logistics of Green Bay that well so may be talking off base but I would assume the landscape is better for it there than Pittsburgh.

10 years ago Pittsburgh would have been fine because there was nothing in between the Pirates and Steelers stadium except for a couple business buildings. Today thereís much more now.

Pittsburgh is also within driving distance of a ton of NFL cities. 500k people may be lowballing it. There hasnít been a bigger weekend in Pittsburghs history I would venture to guess in terms of outsiders traveling into the city (I bet Iím wrong with that statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Sashi Brown mentioned the Ravens were interested in hosting sometime in the future. Pittsburgh will do great, it really is a beautiful city.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/ravens/baltim...ft-sashi-brown

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Pittsburgh is also within driving distance of a ton of NFL cities. 500k people may be lowballing it. There hasn’t been a bigger weekend in Pittsburghs history I would venture to guess in terms of outsiders traveling into the city (I bet I’m wrong with that statement)
    The Penguin's Stanley Cup parade drew 650,000 and they claim that was the largest crowd ever, but that was from 6 years ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...owd_at_650000/

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    The Penguin's Stanley Cup parade drew 650,000 and they claim that was the largest crowd ever, but that was from 6 years ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...owd_at_650000/
    Thanks for the research. I would not be surprised if the their draft week beats that figure.

Quote Originally Posted by mdduckman View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted before.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/202405210079

I personally love the city but despise the sports teams!! [emoji23]

Wonder if Baltimore has put in for this? Or if they will in the future? Would be good for the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They were talking about it on the radio. Sadly Baltimore especially where the stadiums are, is a complete nightmare from a parking and open space type event like this.

For Baltimore in April, weather is usually crap as it has been for the past two months, cold, rainy.

Detroit had like 750,000 people in a 3 days span. The transportation, Parking and how lousy the traffic is right there I would think makes it virtually impossible for Baltimore to get the draft considering how large it has become.

I remember how bad it was for their superbowl parade, and that was no where near the amount of people like 750,000.

I would be surprised if they ever get to host it.

6. Re: Pittsburgh hosting the 2026 NFL Draft

What’s the rule for attending the draft? Is it just for season ticket holders? I heard there is a guideline or something

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern_Shore_Fan View Post
    What’s the rule for attending the draft? Is it just for season ticket holders? I heard there is a guideline or something
    How could they possibly stop anyone from going down and partaking in it? Iím not even sure there is an actual ďget inĒ type section for the draft. May be that area that always shows the diehard fans after each pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    How could they possibly stop anyone from going down and partaking in it? Iím not even sure there is an actual ďget inĒ type section for the draft. May be that area that always shows the diehard fans after each pick.

Have the draff at Johnny Unitas Stadium in Towson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern_Shore_Fan View Post
    There sure weren't 500k Lions season ticket fans in the past draft. Anyone can go. There may be certain events that season ticket holders get priority for but anyone can go.

Iím strongly thinking about going to the draft in Pittsburgh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo01 View Post
    I’m strongly thinking about going to the draft in Pittsburgh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm sure it will be a great time and you have a couple of years to plan

Quote Originally Posted by signore View Post
    Have the draff at Johnny Unitas Stadium in Towson.
    LOL. They can't even handle the traffic from an NCAA Men's Lacrosse quarterfinal.