Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 242526

Re: OTAs 2024: Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I just love how happy they look. Football is fun!
    Josh Johnson wearing 17. Is that the number of years he's been in the NFL or the number of years he's older than Rosengarten?

Can't deny that they all look happy, like horses running out the barn door.

I guess we'll find out what happens with the OL. I'd think it would be better to get the best younger players in so they can build chemistry and would be cheaper under contract for several years.

Personally I would just find it hard to move Mekari and/or Jones into the starting five. I think of them as valuable sub pieces that can play multiple positions.

Blog Entries

Linderbaum is looking bulkier. Must be 305 lbs, so other than the shorter arms (which doesn't matter as much for centers anyway) the argument of him being too small should no longer be as valid. Rodney Hudson got up to 315 lbs and was the same height as Linderbaum at 6'2 and was never really questioned for his size. The extra bulk should hopefully help Linderbaum get better at blocking those quicker behemoths that we see in 1 and 0 tech in the trenches these days.

Blog Entries

Jeff Z did an article on roster battles: https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/554...&userId=571335

Seems they are set on Johnson behind Lamar

With Keaton Mitchell not expected to return from a knee injury anytime soon, Baltimore’s depth chart at running back has Derrick Henry, Justice Hill and fifth-round rookie Rasheen Ali in the top three slots.

Final one or two wide receiver spots

The competitors: Malik Cunningham, Deonte Harty, Qadir Ismail, Tayvion Robinson, Sean Ryan, Dayton Wade, Tylan Wallace, Isaiah Washington
    The favorites: Harty, Wallace

Both starting guard spots

The competitors: Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu, Ben Cleveland, Daniel Faalele, Josh Jones, Patrick Mekari, Andrew Vorhees
    The favorites: Cleveland and Vorhees
    If the Ravens prioritize experience, they could pencil in Jones at left guard, knowing he’ll be serviceable there, and then give Cleveland, who has made seven career starts, first dibs at the right guard spot. Cleveland, though, has a lot to prove this summer, starting with his ability to stay healthy and consistently practice well. Vorhees, a seventh-round pick in 2023 who redshirted his rookie season as he recovered from knee surgery, has a lot of support in the building. It seems only a matter of time before he ascends into a starting role.
    The wild card is Aumavae-Laulu, a sixth-round pick last year. The Ravens were intrigued enough by his talent that he started last year’s training camp working with the ones. Then, he curiously didn’t get an opportunity to play, even when many of Baltimore’s starters sat for the team’s Week 18 game against Pittsburgh. The idea of Faalele moving inside has garnered some support at the team facility.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Jeff Z did an article on roster battles: https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/554...&userId=571335

Seems they are set on Johnson behind Lamar

With Keaton Mitchell not expected to return from a knee injury anytime soon, Baltimore’s depth chart at running back has Derrick Henry, Justice Hill and fifth-round rookie Rasheen Ali in the top three slots.

Final one or two wide receiver spots

The competitors: Malik Cunningham, Deonte Harty, Qadir Ismail, Tayvion Robinson, Sean Ryan, Dayton Wade, Tylan Wallace, Isaiah Washington
    The favorites: Harty, Wallace

Both starting guard spots

The competitors: Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu, Ben Cleveland, Daniel Faalele, Josh Jones, Patrick Mekari, Andrew Vorhees
    The favorites: Cleveland and Vorhees
    If the Ravens prioritize experience, they could pencil in Jones at left guard, knowing he’ll be serviceable there, and then give Cleveland, who has made seven career starts, first dibs at the right guard spot. Cleveland, though, has a lot to prove this summer, starting with his ability to stay healthy and consistently practice well. Vorhees, a seventh-round pick in 2023 who redshirted his rookie season as he recovered from knee surgery, has a lot of support in the building. It seems only a matter of time before he ascends into a starting role.
    The wild card is Aumavae-Laulu, a sixth-round pick last year. The Ravens were intrigued enough by his talent that he started last year’s training camp working with the ones. Then, he curiously didn’t get an opportunity to play, even when many of Baltimore’s starters sat for the team’s Week 18 game against Pittsburgh. The idea of Faalele moving inside has garnered some support at the team facility.
    Good stuff. I do wonder if they end up with a veteran RB on the practice squad. Last year that's what they did with Melvin Gordon. Both Gordon and Cook are still looking for teams. Maybe Latavious Murray, Matt Breida, Kareem Hunt or Jerrick McKinnen for that spot? The Ravens have such a late bye that it could very grueling for running backs this year. Derrick Henry had the most carries in the NFL in 2023. Is that the plan for 2024?

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: OTAs 2024: Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Good stuff. I do wonder if they end up with a veteran RB on the practice squad. Last year that's what they did with Melvin Gordon. Both Gordon and Cook are still looking for teams. Maybe Latavious Murray, Matt Breida, Kareem Hunt or Jerrick McKinnen for that spot? The Ravens have such a late bye that it could very grueling for running backs this year. Derrick Henry had the most carries in the NFL in 2023. Is that the plan for 2024?
    Good point! Our BYE is week #14 (December 8th). While I do like J. Hill a lot, I look at him more as a #3 RB. Unless Rasheen Ali, our 2024 5th round draft pick turns into Keaton Mitchell the 2nd, it's a good idea to have a veteran RB waiting in the wings... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I’d be all for having Dalvin Cook in camp. Putting him on the practice squad and working him as the season goes, depending on injuries and all. I definitely think there’s a need there. Also remember our RB line up last year with Gus and Justice, a rookie and vet on PS was after we lost our starter for the year.

Blog Entries

They’re not gonna sign a vet before the first game because they don’t want to guarantee his salary. But I bet they are keeping in touch with Gordon andCook.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Linderbaum is looking bulkier. Must be 305 lbs, so other than the shorter arms (which doesn't matter as much for centers anyway) the argument of him being too small should no longer be as valid. Rodney Hudson got up to 315 lbs and was the same height as Linderbaum at 6'2 and was never really questioned for his size.
    Lindy and Creed Humphrey were the exact same weight during the pre-draft process.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Lindy and Creed Humphrey were the exact same weight during the pre-draft process.
    Linderbaum, Humphrey, Jason Kelce, Corey Linsley all All Pro caliber C at or under 300 lbs