Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: QB futures

Re: QB futures

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He should take a big step forward this year. Their first two picks were WR and RB so maybe getting him some help

Year two is huge
    Or he’s just not very good at football. The guy I saw last year wouldn’t have been much better if you gave him the ‘98 Vikings.

I guess we will see. Sometimes QBs get a lot better. But a lot of times they are just busts.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Or he’s just not very good at football. The guy I saw last year wouldn’t have been much better if you gave him the ‘98 Vikings.

I guess we will see. Sometimes QBs get a lot better. But a lot of times they are just busts.
    Yep. As a non-mobile QB he is stunted by his height to see over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjim5 View Post
    Not until this instant gratification society dominated, their was a time when teams would develop their successor at QB. .. Montana to Young, Farve to Rodgers.. It is no big deal to anyone if the but Penix who may have to sit for 2 years if the Falcons win.
    The difference is the Niners and Packers got Young and Rodgers at the bottom of the market. Young was considered a huge bust with the Bucs and Rodgers' draft slide is the stuff of legend. Bill Walsh only had to give up picks 50 and 106 to get Young, which would've been a reasonable deal to stash Young for the future even if it didn't ultimately work out.

The Falcons did the opposite, taking a qb in the top 10 who was seen as a 2nd rounder until after his pro day. The problem isn't the Falcons having a succession plan, it's overdrafting to get their guy the way teams do when they're desperate for an immediate starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Remoh View Post
    The difference is the Niners and Packers got Young and Rodgers at the bottom of the market. Young was considered a huge bust with the Bucs and Rodgers' draft slide is the stuff of legend. Bill Walsh only had to give up picks 50 and 106 to get Young, which would've been a reasonable deal to stash Young for the future even if it didn't ultimately work out.

The Falcons did the opposite, taking a qb in the top 10 who was seen as a 2nd rounder until after his pro day. The problem isn't the Falcons having a succession plan, it's overdrafting to get their guy the way teams do when they're desperate for an immediate starter.
    To be fair he was seen as a top half of the first round guy before the national championship….

So not sure how much that “second round” talk was real or media flip flop….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Remoh View Post

Great point. In the next four years, they're going to pay $90MM to Cousins. Now they are paying $22MM to Penix. You can only play one QB at a time, so a lot of that money is going right down the shitter. In a salary cap league, it's not generally good policy to to piss away cap space.

By the time Penix plays, he's going to be at the end of his rookie contract, and in line to either be cut, or be paid a lot of money. His 5th year options will be $30MM if he doesn't even play or plays like crap. If he actually plays and plays well, the 5thyo could be north of $50MM. And THEN you have to sign him long-term, or let him walk. Unless Penix ends up as one of the best QBs in the league, they'll be where the Dolphins are right now with Tua, except they will also be dealing with the fallout from the Cousins contract.

Historically teams don't win Super Bowls with expensive quarterbacks unless their names are Brady or Mahomes.

It's not about instant gratification. It's that you can't afford to waste four years of cheap labor at the most expensive position on the field anymore.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

I can’t wait to watch the Jet implosion

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I can’t wait to watch the Jet implosion
    Really? I am curious to but if Rogers stays healthy I think the Jets will be good especially with all the help they got at OL.

IF Rogers get injured again then I have to agree with you. Either way it's going to be interesting.

Blog Entries

I hope he stays healthy and they implode

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I hope he stays healthy and they implode
    Absolutely he’s 40 coming off an Achilles. I want the media going after him, him after the media and they can let Pat be the referee. I want 8 good weeks of it

I think it's doesn't matter what happens with Rogers and the Jets. In the end there will be storylines every week about Rogers and the Jets.

We've already seen how the NFL has the Jets playing all these prime time games. Good or bad, injured or healthy, Rogers will be a big topic.

It is what is is my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post

It is what is is my opinion

I still think Stroud and Love should be in the same tier, the 3rd tier, but otherwise this is a fantastic ranking to me