Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 38

Thread: QB futures

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    QB futures

    We all know how important the QB position is nowadays in the NFL. We just had the draft and some QBs changing teams. So what would you consider the most interesting storylines this season for the QBs. Here's some of my most interesting storylines.

    1) The Steelers QBs Wilson and Fields. How will things pan out. Will either carry the team into the playoffs.

    2) The rookie class. Will Williams be that GUY in Chicago. How will Daniels do in D.C. Will this rookie class be good or just average.

    3) Will Cousins play all year and be that missing piece for the Falcons. How will the Cousins/Penix situation play out this season.

    4) How will the Cowboys situation play out. Will Dak carry them to the promised land. If not, what happens after the season.

    5) I'm interested in seeing how these young QBs like Stroud, Young, Richardson, and Levis play this season. Trend up or down.

    6) Will we go after a backup QB like Taneyhill. Who will be our backup QBs. Will Leary end up as our number 3 QB.

    So what's your most interesting QB storyline to follow this season.





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    53,836
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: QB futures

    I expect the Steelers to make the playoffs as a Wild card. They made it last year and I donít see them missing out this time around either.

    Williams has one thing going for him in that, thereís nowhere for that team to go, but up.

    Daniels is set up very well when you look at the WR talent out there. Itís a great match for what he usually does best. The question is can his talent override an organization in flux.

    Penix will be the starter before the season is over with. He was one of the more pro-ready QBs in this draft. He is not one of those project QBs who needs to sit for 2-3 years and work out a bunch of issues.

    Dak wonít carry them to the promise land and he will be gone after the season.

    Richardson will be given grace, because he just needs to show that he can stay healthy. Stroud will be under the most pressure as Houston wonít sneak up on anybody this year. They will be penciled in on schedules in locker rooms across the league. Young should take a step forward. Levis is probably the one, outside of Stroud, best set up to make things interesting if his development is there.





  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Balt-Wash corridor
    Posts
    25,401

    Re: QB futures

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    So what's your most interesting QB storyline to follow this season.
    7) Will the Pats destroy Drake Maye by throwing him into the fire too early with no supporting cast around him?





  4. #4

    Re: QB futures

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post

    3) Will Cousins play all year and be that missing piece for the Falcons. How will the Cousins/Penix situation play out this season.
    I'm loving this situation (I live in Atlanta). These fans made my shit list from 2015 to 2017 and I won't let them off it. Their situation is bad. You either bench the 100M QB or you bench the #8 overall pick. Their will be a QB controversy after the first loss. However I see Cousins holding the job through the year. He's not that bad of a QB





  5. #5

    Re: QB futures

    Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    I'm loving this situation (I live in Atlanta). These fans made my shit list from 2015 to 2017 and I won't let them off it. Their situation is bad. You either bench the 100M QB or you bench the #8 overall pick. Their will be a QB controversy after the first loss. However I see Cousins holding the job through the year. He's not that bad of a QB
    TBH my take is that the Falcons FO blew it by drafting Penix. They just signed Cousins. There so close to being scary good and then they draft Penix.

    If Cousins does ball out then they screwed up ROYAL. Then if by some coincidence Cousins gets injured and Penix balls out then they made the right decision.

    I don't see it ending pretty. It was another organization making an enormous mistake and setting the team back by making a major error in judgement.





  6. #6

    Re: QB futures

    Iím most interested in seeing what happens in Pittsburgh. I have a hard time envisioning a Russell Wilson career renaissance. But the Steelers are generally well run, and heíll have a better opportunity there than most places. Even moreso, Iím curious what happens if Justin Fields takes over. I could see them making it click with him, and then they have a QB for the future. Should be a fun year. We better start beating them again.





  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Balt-Wash corridor
    Posts
    25,401

    Re: QB futures

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    Iím most interested in seeing what happens in Pittsburgh. I have a hard time envisioning a Russell Wilson career renaissance. But the Steelers are generally well run, and heíll have a better opportunity there than most places.
    Russ will at least know enough to throw it up for grabs to Pickens. Those two are a good fit with each other.

    They also added Rome Odunze.





  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    near Asheville, NC
    Posts
    25,739

    Re: QB futures

    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Russ will at least know enough to throw it up for grabs to Pickens. Those two are a good fit with each other.

    They also added Rome Odunze.
    They added Roman Wilson; Chicago drafted Odunze.





  9. #9

    Re: QB futures

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    I’m most interested in seeing what happens in Pittsburgh. I have a hard time envisioning a Russell Wilson career renaissance. But the Steelers are generally well run, and he’ll have a better opportunity there than most places. Even moreso, I’m curious what happens if Justin Fields takes over. I could see them making it click with him, and then they have a QB for the future. Should be a fun year. We better start beating them again.
    I agree. I am intrigued. Khan has developed a good offense, they brought in Smith as OC and Tomlin has always kept them competitive.

    They have weapons at RB, WR, and TE. Their OL should be vastly improved. The QB position will be key to the offenses' success.

    Wilson has always been pretty durable and all he will have to do is manage the offense. Smith should be able to get the best out of Wilson.

    What I am interested in most is what will happen with Fields. Will they try to utilize him in other ways. Will he get a chance with Wilson starting.

    Agreed that they could be very dangerous. I think they could be top 2 in the division.





  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    near Asheville, NC
    Posts
    25,739

    Re: QB futures

    1) I believe the Steelers are the most improved team in the AFC North, and they will end up with another Wild Card. As to who starts that playoff game, I can see it going back and forth with both QBs starting games through the season. So Idunno.

    2) I've stated before that I would put my non-existent betting money on Williams being a Trevor Lawrence level QB even though his game is more like Patrick Mahomes. I guess that does mean he'll be "the guy" in Chicago. Daniels plays more like Lamar Jackson. I think this will end up a good QB class like 2018 with some big hits and big misses (Drake Maye). My high hopes for Michael Penix were erased by the situation he's going to.

    3) Cousins will be the starting QB until he gets hurt. There will be way more drama than there needs to be and the Falcons will fall short of their goal again. Next off season will not be pleasant in Atlanta. The Falcons' best bet is to find a Cousins off ramp early enough to allow Penix to be the established starter before he's freaking 30 years old.

    4) No, and it probably won't be his fault but it won't matter. McCarthy is fired, Cowboys rinse and repeat, sign Dak to a big deal and hire Bill Belichik.

    5) Stroud will be an MVP candidate. Young will be labeled a bust by season's end. Perfect encapsulation of "it matters where you get drafted". Richardson will be a highlight reel but make some key mistakes, understandable. Levis will show modest improvement, bolstered by a more pass-happy offense.

    6) Ravens like Josh Johnson. I think he should be third string but looks like he's the primary backup. Leary, I just don't know about him; does he develop a hangnail? Malik Cunningham's days are numbered. I think you will see one more QB name hang around the practice squad eventually.

    7) Most interesting QB story line, aside from Lamar Jackson of course, is Justin Herbert to me. The new system is going to suppress his numbers. He is not going to have MVP stats. Yet more than one person has suggested him for MVP. Why? Do they think Greg Roman is going to storm the AFC again? That Herbert gets the award just for beating the Chefs and winning the division, despite having less responsibility? What are his rushing numbers going to look like? He's athletic but he's not Josh Allen (who would be amazing in a Roman offense). Does he get injured again?





  11. #11

    Re: QB futures

    Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    1) I believe the Steelers are the most improved team in the AFC North, and they will end up with another Wild Card. As to who starts that playoff game, I can see it going back and forth with both QBs starting games through the season. So Idunno.

    2) I've stated before that I would put my non-existent betting money on Williams being a Trevor Lawrence level QB even though his game is more like Patrick Mahomes. I guess that does mean he'll be "the guy" in Chicago. Daniels plays more like Lamar Jackson. I think this will end up a good QB class like 2018 with some big hits and big misses (Drake Maye). My high hopes for Michael Penix were erased by the situation he's going to.

    3) Cousins will be the starting QB until he gets hurt. There will be way more drama than there needs to be and the Falcons will fall short of their goal again. Next off season will not be pleasant in Atlanta. The Falcons' best bet is to find a Cousins off ramp early enough to allow Penix to be the established starter before he's freaking 30 years old.

    4) No, and it probably won't be his fault but it won't matter. McCarthy is fired, Cowboys rinse and repeat, sign Dak to a big deal and hire Bill Belichik.

    5) Stroud will be an MVP candidate. Young will be labeled a bust by season's end. Perfect encapsulation of "it matters where you get drafted". Richardson will be a highlight reel but make some key mistakes, understandable. Levis will show modest improvement, bolstered by a more pass-happy offense.

    6) Ravens like Josh Johnson. I think he should be third string but looks like he's the primary backup. Leary, I just don't know about him; does he develop a hangnail? Malik Cunningham's days are numbered. I think you will see one more QB name hang around the practice squad eventually.

    7) Most interesting QB story line, aside from Lamar Jackson of course, is Justin Herbert to me. The new system is going to suppress his numbers. He is not going to have MVP stats. Yet more than one person has suggested him for MVP. Why? Do they think Greg Roman is going to storm the AFC again? That Herbert gets the award just for beating the Chefs and winning the division, despite having less responsibility? What are his rushing numbers going to look like? He's athletic but he's not Josh Allen (who would be amazing in a Roman offense). Does he get injured again?
    1) Agreed. The Steelers scare more than the Bengals or Browns. Solid D, improved offense(under Smith), a top notch coach, and much needed talent thanks to Khan.

    2) I've never been sold on Williams but that's just my opinion. The Bears have talent but can Williams cook? We'll see but I won't be surprised if doesn't live up to his #1 pick.

    3)I agree but what are they(FO/owner) thinking. Either they sit and waste Penix or they push Cousins out and waste capital. Either way they could have vastly improved the team by addressing needs especially if they traded and got additional talent.

    4) Jone's ego gets in the way all the time. If/when Dak leaves then the team gets set back. I think Jones using this "prove it" ultimatum doesn't address the issue.

    5) I think Stroud is in a good place but will the league be better prepared for him this season. I never had confidence in Young. I just wonder if Richardson can stay healthy especially if he continues to run to much. An injury around the corner. I think Levis will be an average QB but the Titans may move on in a few years.

    6) This scares me. If Leary doesn't pan out then who are our backups. Johnson is OK but limited. Personally I don't have confidence in Leary or Cunningham for that matter. What are the available options out there.

    7) Really? Herbert is considered a top 10 QB with an arm. Do Harbaugh/Roman go to a more balanced offense and take pressure off Herbert. How will Herbert react and play. I agree with you that Harbaugh will try to run more and keep Herbert healthy. I think they will sneak up many teams with their physicality.





  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    65,933
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: QB futures

    I'm interested to see how things go in Chicago for sure. Also DC

    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //ó->