Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Free talk Friday - 05.17.24

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Good Friday, my friends!

Allow me to wax philosophical today; my wife Linda turns 45 today! This is something we did not think possible several months ago. These decrepit bones, in their 52nd year, are trying to find new youth in yoga. It is much harder than I remember it.
    Well, happy birthday to Linda. I'm sure the two of you will enjoy it like none before. And should.

My own wife, Shawn, turns 59 on June one. She's already survived two cancer scares and we're awaiting word on a screwy test result. Lucky for her thyroid cancer is slow and treatable so we're optimistic.

I just purchased her a pilates contraption for her birthday. Don't tell her.

I joined a small dad-bod group a year ago, and we are put through our paces twice a week from a 65-year old personal trainer who is no joke. So I can relate all around. I'm ten years ahead of you and need a hip replacement.

Good luck with your publishing career and best wishes for the same happy retirement we here can see on the horizon.
    "That's what."
    She

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Anyone into the golf
    Yes. Life has kept me away from the course for 6 or 7 months. I need to get out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Happy Friday! How's everyone doing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Doing alright. Not loving the weather. My ten yo has two soccer games this weekend, and I'm not sure how they make them up if they're rained out. Only one weekend left and they're signed up for a tournament the weekend after.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Doing alright. Not loving the weather. My ten yo has two soccer games this weekend, and I'm not sure how they make them up if they're rained out. Only one weekend left and they're signed up for a tournament the weekend after.
    Ort, you may not realize it, but you are living the "good old days" right now. Cherish them because the little ones grow up in the blink of an eye... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Anyone into the golf
    Hoping to play soon.

Meanwhile, I need someone to explain how anyone can be arrested for a felony, go to jail, make bail, go directly to a major championship and shoot a 66. I'd be curled up in a ball.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Hoping to play soon.

Meanwhile, I need someone to explain how anyone can be arrested for a felony, go to jail, make bail, go directly to a major championship and shoot a 66. I'd be curled up in a ball.
    $$$

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Saw the Strangers Chapter 1 last night.

Was abominable.

Blog Entries

I want to celebrate I Touchdown There for starting this thread every single week. I don't how many years it been but you obviously hit on an idea that's been beautiful, cathartic and absolutely needed on this board. Thank you so much for just being you. You are a tremendous member of this community and I greatly appreciate and admire the way you think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I want to celebrate I Touchdown There for starting this thread every single week. I don't how many years it been but you obviously hit on an idea that's been beautiful, cathartic and absolutely needed on this board. Thank you so much for just being you. You are a tremendous member of this community and I greatly appreciate and admire the way you think.
    Here here!

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Free talk Friday - 05.17.24

GOTA, I gotta agree Great idea, I T T! Keep these Free talk Fridays coming. Getting to know our fellow posters, and what they're going through (good or bad) is like a glue that keeps us together... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Ort, you may not realize it, but you are living the "good old days" right now. Cherish them because the little ones grow up in the blink of an eye... Bc
    Yeah dude. Already have the oldest just wanting to hang in her room and FaceTime with friends nonstop instead of hanging out.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Aww that's so sweet of you to say! I frankly stole the idea from Reddit but I'm glad you all like it. I need to post more again. Life is hectic!!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk