Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Free talk Friday - 05.17.24

Happy Friday! How's everyone doing?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Re: Free talk Friday - 05.17.24

O's are fun!
    Ravens are fun!
    Bullets are ... er ... never mind that one.
    JLo and Ben ... knew it.
    Thank you Jim Palmer.
    Thank you Ben McDonald.
    Thank you Kevin Brown.
    No thank you Melanie Newman.
    Wife buys one-ply toilet paper. Friends call me Brown Fingers.
    Crabs and beer. Beer and crabs. Either way a win-win.

Blog Entries

Good Friday, my friends!

Allow me to wax philosophical today; my wife Linda turns 45 today! This is something we did not think possible several months ago. These decrepit bones, in their 52nd year, are trying to find new youth in yoga. It is much harder than I remember it. Of course, there is the upside; as someone pointed out, for the most part, you are in a room with a lot of in-shape women over a bunch of dudes!

On the flip side (Rocco!), without my glasses on, they all look the same as opening your eyes underwater—just a blur as I fold into my downward dog position, wondering why my left heel is tingling. Oh well, here is to New Sensations, as INXS sang, a song that came out in 1988, in case you were feeling young up to this point reading my post.

There is a saying, "Youth is wasted on the young." I have a better one, "The young have no idea what wisdom is." I wear a Ying-Yang symbol around my neck, something I bought back in 1995 when I was a bartender at a restaurant in the Annapolis Mall. Perhaps it means I will always be in between, young and foolish, wise and old.

Bear in mind that this does not preclude me from writing something stupid on here; someone has to keep the mods on their toes. But even that has become less and less frequent as I look back at my ever-decreasing infraction-to-post ratio.

I see this through the lens of my wife and then from my own. Getting old truly is a privilege. We all experience the death of those we love and know. Even Raven football players we cherished, like Goose, who brought a lot of sunshine into people's lives, have gone far too soon. I lost my brother when I was 10; he was 18. Growing up was a lot like the Stand by Me movie, but set in the 80s (watching Strange Things is like being in a time machine), where everyone forgets the younger kid because their best friend and brother had died.

Fast forward to the past year, where, out of nowhere, my Linda was stricken with Aplastic Anemia. The essential requirement is finding a suitable bone marrow donor and hoping the engraftment takes place. A lot of things had to fall into place.

Along the way are the constant bills, battles with insurance companies and hospitals, and a wide range of pains in the ass, even to my own health, I have had to endure. Nothing compared to making sure she was insulated from all that. The worst she had to do was pick me up from the ER a few weeks ago when I had to have a blood clot removed from a minor procedure I had done. It's nothing fun, but it's always a reminder that there are far worse things in the world to go through; we need to do no more than look across our shores to other countries or the homeless on our streets.

Either way, I consider Linda and me blessed. I published a book a few months back and am finally getting around to marketing it. I do not expect any kind of financial windfall from it. It is a hobby that would be fun to share with the world, like a fan giving a gift back to those of similar tastes, those who found Breaking Bad interesting beyond mere entertainment.

It turned out so well that I have begun working on a second book. This one will ultimately be an eBook, the reason for which is it will link back to a cloud server showing how things are done in the real world and not just made up of Hollywood. To give you a heads-up, I am partnering with an expert in hacking to write a book on the TV series Mr. Robot. Much of the reasoning behind it is the series hits a number of points that resonate with me. I won't go into details so as not to ruin it for those who have not watched it. The show deserves a look because, like Breaking Bad, there was a tremendous amount of attention to detail. That deserves a "Closer Look" (argh, that thread still lives!)

The point is, whatever you do, enjoy it, share it, and appreciate it. I live in gratitude more now than ever. Even the RSR forums, where most of you I have never met. The few I have, you were all cool people.

Anyway, the length of the post suggests that it is approaching Excellector scales in the TLTR category, so I will bid you "au revoir" in honor of the long-gone Beau Pétard.

Oh yeah, I am taking my lady to Lisa Vanderpump's new restaurant, Wolf, in Lake Tahoe tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Good Friday, my friends!

Allow me to wax philosophical today; my wife Linda turns 45 today! This is something we did not think possible several months ago. These decrepit bones, in their 52nd year, are trying to find new youth in yoga. It is much harder than I remember it. Of course, there is the upside; as someone pointed out, for the most part, you are in a room with a lot of in-shape women over a bunch of dudes!

On the flip side (Rocco!), without my glasses on, they all look the same as opening your eyes underwater—just a blur as I fold into my downward dog position, wondering why my left heel is tingling. Oh well, here is to New Sensations, as INXS sang, a song that came out in 1988, in case you were feeling young up to this point reading my post.

There is a saying, "Youth is wasted on the young." I have a better one, "The young have no idea what wisdom is." I wear a Ying-Yang symbol around my neck, something I bought back in 1995 when I was a bartender at a restaurant in the Annapolis Mall. Perhaps it means I will always be in between, young and foolish, wise and old.

Bear in mind that this does not preclude me from writing something stupid on here; someone has to keep the mods on their toes. But even that has become less and less frequent as I look back at my ever-decreasing infraction-to-post ratio.

I see this through the lens of my wife and then from my own. Getting old truly is a privilege. We all experience the death of those we love and know. Even Raven football players we cherished, like Goose, who brought a lot of sunshine into people's lives, have gone far too soon. I lost my brother when I was 10; he was 18. Growing up was a lot like the Stand by Me movie, but set in the 80s (watching Strange Things is like being in a time machine), where everyone forgets the younger kid because their best friend and brother had died.

Fast forward to the past year, where, out of nowhere, my Linda was stricken with Aplastic Anemia. The essential requirement is finding a suitable bone marrow donor and hoping the engraftment takes place. A lot of things had to fall into place.

Along the way are the constant bills, battles with insurance companies and hospitals, and a wide range of pains in the ass, even to my own health, I have had to endure. Nothing compared to making sure she was insulated from all that. The worst she had to do was pick me up from the ER a few weeks ago when I had to have a blood clot removed from a minor procedure I had done. It's nothing fun, but it's always a reminder that there are far worse things in the world to go through; we need to do no more than look across our shores to other countries or the homeless on our streets.

Either way, I consider Linda and me blessed. I published a book a few months back and am finally getting around to marketing it. I do not expect any kind of financial windfall from it. It is a hobby that would be fun to share with the world, like a fan giving a gift back to those of similar tastes, those who found Breaking Bad interesting beyond mere entertainment.

It turned out so well that I have begun working on a second book. This one will ultimately be an eBook, the reason for which is it will link back to a cloud server showing how things are done in the real world and not just made up of Hollywood. To give you a heads-up, I am partnering with an expert in hacking to write a book on the TV series Mr. Robot. Much of the reasoning behind it is the series hits a number of points that resonate with me. I won't go into details so as not to ruin it for those who have not watched it. The show deserves a look because, like Breaking Bad, there was a tremendous amount of attention to detail. That deserves a "Closer Look" (argh, that thread still lives!)

The point is, whatever you do, enjoy it, share it, and appreciate it. I live in gratitude more now than ever. Even the RSR forums, where most of you I have never met. The few I have, you were all cool people.

Anyway, the length of the post suggests that it is approaching Excellector scales in the TLTR category, so I will bid you "au revoir" in honor of the long-gone Beau Pétard.

Oh yeah, I am taking my lady to Lisa Vanderpump's new restaurant, Wolf, in Lake Tahoe tonight.
    Keep up the positive outlook and hope all continues to go as well as possible.

What is the difference between intelligence and wisdom? It’s a word with (4) E’s—- Experience.

Don’t rip one in yoga class, they will know it was you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Don’t rip one in yoga class, they will know it was you!
    What I tell my wife while she gives me the evil eye as I sound like a mini-bike before class is, "Better now than when doing downward dog!"

Blog Entries

Glad that everyone is doing well. Spring is the time for renewal and these positive vibes are what we need.

Blog Entries

Good to hear Capt'n

Pool still in pieces, ready to put new liner in, it is supposed to be April showers, not May showers constantly putting water back on the sand base.
    If April showers being may flowers what do may flowers bring?

Went to the GP Wednesday, what a waste. Looked like the entire focus was on Medicare senility checking. Can you dress yourself? Have you fallen? Remember this black belt, brown shoe, red book... I 'll ask you later..... never did SMH

Answer to Mayflowers = pilgrims
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Supposed to be in Charleston for a wedding, but we're on grandbaby #3 watch.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Free talk Friday - 05.17.24

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Glad that everyone is doing well. Spring is the time for renewal and these positive vibes are what we need.
    Me too, and I'll add that I had my 20th radiation treatment this morning. That means I am half way done. It's still early, but the tests so far are in my favor

I'll be done on June 17th, then doc tells me to rest-up for two weeks then restart my usual antics in July... Bc

P.S. - Glad to hear good news from the Cap'n

10. Re: Free talk Friday - 05.17.24

I'm doing alright. Glad y'all are doing alright too.

Blog Entries

Happy Friday. Brutally hot already down here. 97 today but windy

Have a great weekend folks

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Anyone into the golf