Welcome to Nazi Stadium in East Rutherford N.J.

Company in Jersey stadium naming talks had Nazi ties

"NEWARK, N.J. -- The New York Giants and New York Jets are considering awarding naming rights for their new stadium to a German company that once had ties to the Nazis."

"Officials from German-based Allianz -- one of the world's largest insurance firms -- said that they've atoned for past history and should not be judged by the company's World War II record."

"Allianz once insured Nazi death camps and refused to pay life insurance claims to its Jewish clients -- instead granting the proceeds to the Nazis."

Anybody else find this somewhat disturbing?

I don't care if you're Jewish or not, this just doesn't seem right to me regardless of how long ago it was, and what efforts this company has made over the years to make good on itself.

Money rules the world, and the NFL is no different, but sometimes you have to draw the line somewhere, particurally when there has got to be at least 1 or 2 other bidders on the naming rights.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Re: Welcome to Nazi Stadium in East Rutherford N.J.

Interesting post.

Not sure it reaches where you think it does though.

Volkswagen used to be 100% Nazi owned. If memory serves me correctly, Hitler himself had ties to its creation. I dont have any issues with modern day VW.

Re: Welcome to Nazi Stadium in East Rutherford N.J.

While I can appreciate the steps the company have taken to amend the past (Jewish reparations, making good on policies, et al), it is still in poor taste to even consider placing a bid for naming rights. It is a slap in the face to humanity.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!