Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Harrison Butker's Fantastic Commencement Speech

This quote from, Thomas Sowell, could be used for many of these threads.
    "Activism is a way for useless people to feel important, even if the consequences of their activism are counterproductive for those they claim to be helping and damaging to the fabric of society as a whole."

The scariest thing you can hear someone say or job title is "activist". There is a self-aggrandizement element to that word/title that cannot be matched.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    I went to a Catholic school for a long time. My long exposures to the evils and hypocrisy of the church is exactly why I don't believe lol. I actually used to be a skydaddy worshipers lmaoo

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I don't care what you do or say..............but I'd like to point out.

You don't go to church or believe because of hypocrisy? There's hypocrites at the liquor store, Amazon, all the box stores, convenience stores, restaurants, hypocrites here and in all sports, everywhere and anywhere you go as 'man's heart is inherently evil, who can know it' but I'd guess correctly you don't hold to the same standard in other areas of life, making you what you call others.

Just say you love your sin more than God. He knows it.
    A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You have it backwards. It is the conservatives who are forced out from the mainline denominations.

I would say that, as a whole, the number of Christians in the United States is CURRENTLY dropping. However, there are some interesting movements going on right now.

As for the rest of the world, Christianity is growing, including in places like China, and likely Iran, though it is hard to get firm numbers out of there. Africa has more Methodists than any other continent.

Again, you don't know what you are writing about. Put another par on your score card.
    It's wild, anywhere there is persecution Christianity thrives! In the post Christian west, we have finally arrived in Babylon so we might as well live like Daniel and his friends Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego.

Despite what the enemy and his minions want or do they'll never stop people being saved from eternal punishment.
    A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins. - Benjamin Franklin

5. Re: Harrison Butker's Fantastic Commencement Speech

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post

You don't go to church or believe because of hypocrisy? There's hypocrites at the liquor store, Amazon, all the box stores, convenience stores, restaurants, hypocrites here and in all sports, everywhere and anywhere you go as 'man's heart is inherently evil, who can know it' but I'd guess correctly you don't hold to the same standard in other areas of life, making you what you call others.

6. Re: Harrison Butker's Fantastic Commencement Speech

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    This quote from, Thomas Sowell, could be used for many of these threads.
    "Activism is a way for useless people to feel important, even if the consequences of their activism are counterproductive for those they claim to be helping and damaging to the fabric of society as a whole."
    So true and quite astute. I'm going to save that one. I love his quotes.

I would prefer if you would respect my freedom of religion Ruston.

He founding fathers said I have the freedom to not be forced to worship your God. Please respect that as much as it may anger you.

In Polite society you must accept such things

PROUD DISABLED VETERAN DESPITE RSR HATRED

He founding fathers said I have the freedom to not be forced to worship your God. Please respect that as much as it may anger you.

Yes, we accept your right to face east and kneel to pray to allah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The man just proved your hypocrisy. You can bash Christianity all you want but don't judge my beliefs. Unbelievable!!
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post

Galatians 5:14
    For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Romans 12:10 ESV
    Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

Philippians 2:4 ESV
    Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

1 Corinthians 13:4-13 ESV
    Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

John 13:34 ESV
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

1 John 4:20 ESV
    If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.

Matthew 5:44
    But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

The book says to love not hate. Do Better. Talk to your pastor about your disdains for non believers and find guidance.

Blog Entries

Ga

The book says to love not hate. Do Better. Talk to your pastor about your disdains for non believers and find guidance.
    Funny Butker tries to show many the way and here you are bashing him.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Funny Butker tries to show many the way and here you are bashing him.
    I called him a conservative hero who would top jersey sales and I was right. Im not sure where I've bashed him.

He alone has probably made the Chiefs the largest fanbase in the world, I expect a lot of Ravens fans have left and are now chiefs fans because of Butker.