Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Harrison Butker's Fantastic Commencement Speech

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Hmm no I think the different is one side believes that they should enforce their beliefs onto everyone and one side does not.

I am not interested in living under Christian Sharia Law which is what Christian Nationalist and Seven Mountain Dominions want.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Actually, it is you forcing your beliefs onto others. It is staring you right in the face. You have a problem with Butker calling those who believe as he does to live up to those beliefs. You're the one wanting to shut him down. You're the one wanting him to think and live as you do.

What percentage of modern christians do you think are woke?

Is the modern church going to divide and remove their place amongst the Pughs?

The idea that there isnt room for progressive christians is a wild Idea and is exactly why certain people arent sticking around.

I have heard it is tough for non-MAGA christians to find churches.

Who do yall think is currently more isolated, right wing or liberal christians?
    You know very little about progressive Christians. I am VERY familiar with them, and despite our differences I love them, and call many friends.

I was a United Methodist. I am now a Global Methodist. Tell me about who was forced out. And in some areas, including this one, at great expense to get their buildings they paid for and maintained.

Are you aware that most of the mainline denominations are woke and progressive? Are you aware they are losing their members in droves? Churches that are conservative and traditional are the ones growing.

You have no idea what you are writing about. NONE.

But that's par for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You know very little about progressive Christians. I am VERY familiar with them, and despite our differences I love them, and call many friends.

I was a United Methodist. I am now a Global Methodist. Tell me about who was forced out. And in some areas, including this one, at great expense to get their buildings they paid for and maintained.

Are you aware that most of the mainline denominations are woke and progressive? Are you aware they are losing their members in droves? Churches that are conservative and traditional are the ones growing.

You have no idea what you are writing about. NONE.

But that's par for you.
    I would love numbers of this, would you say that the number of Christians is growing as a whole too?

Although the idea that Progressive Christians are dying and being forced out is interesting considering Butker said he was being persecuted and was in the minority

I believe in Devontez Walker

I would love numbers of this, would you say that the number of Christians is growing as a whole too?

Although the idea that Progressive Christians are dying and being forced out is interesting considering Butker said he was being persecuted and was in the minority

You have it backwards. It is the conservatives who are forced out from the mainline denominations.

I would say that, as a whole, the number of Christians in the United States is CURRENTLY dropping. However, there are some interesting movements going on right now.

As for the rest of the world, Christianity is growing, including in places like China, and likely Iran, though it is hard to get firm numbers out of there. Africa has more Methodists than any other continent.

Again, you don't know what you are writing about. Put another par on your score card.

Lol, I give him a compliment, he then ignores my argument because it's indefensible, loses his mind, and insults an entire religion.

6. Re: Harrison Butker's Fantastic Commencement Speech

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    Lol, I give him a compliment, he then ignores my argument because it's indefensible, loses his mind, and insults an entire religion.
    Classic mind control indoctrination. TDS personified. Poster Child material.

I am curious about the conservative Progressive divide in the Christianity community. Do we think it turns violent like protestant vs catholics?

I am curious about the conservative Progressive divide in the Christianity community. Do we think it turns violent like protestant vs catholics?

LOL. No. It's good you are asking questions.

Its funny the same people buying Butker's jersey and making the NFL money are supposed to be protesting and boycotting the woke DEI NFL

I feel like you somehow live in an information or possibly social bubble with no conservatives. We are the party of American exceptionalism, and of individual accountability. We don't follow rules laid out for us, in fact we are often arguing with each other. This is what happens when you believe in the strength of the individual vs the strength of the government.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It just dawned on me this morning that NFL players and their families live up to gender role norms by and large due to the primary wage earners extreme ability to do so. I think that inherently attracts spouses interested in doing the same. NFL families, even coaches and support staff, by and large then conform to single wage earner with a supporting spouse at home. Caring for the house and family.

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that if everyone involved is happy and has options. Trying to suggest otherwise is actually the problem. Shaming women for CHOOSING to state at home and car for the house and kids is the real problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. The only people triggered by this are the feminists intent on destroying this country by nullifying traditional families.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I agree. The only people triggered by this are the feminists intent on destroying this country by nullifying traditional families.
    Well said by both of you. If they don't agree with it, ignore what he said and move on. But the cancel culture can't. They want their pound of flesh. They have to create a petition to try and get him fired. Fortunately, he plays for the Chiefs, where both the owner's wife and daughter, Chris Jones, and I'm guessing Andy Reid quietly is supporting what he said. Shame on the NFL for sticking their nose in it where it doesn't belong. God forbid they support the family unit. Instead, they have a number of domestic abusers still playing in the league and making large sums of money.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/chiefs-chri...145545899.html