Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Harrison Butker's Fantastic Commencement Speech

Haha I think Shade did a good job debating his point, there used to be a lot of really smart people on the left but that is dwindling daily.

I do think you make a mistake in bringing up these nuns as a good source to criticize his remarks. Of all the people that decided they were offended by his speech, the only people that truly should be upset are the people he directly attacked, progressive Catholics. A quick google search or scrolling through their homepage reveals of course they are... progressive Catholics. So you actually chose the most bias sourced possible to make your argument.

This is just another reason why it was so brave to give this speech.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    The only thing mischaracterized is me. Yall keep trying to silence and cancel my freedom and speech because it makes you do a thinker and question what youve been told by those in power.
    I think this could be a learning moment (not that shade would get it but for any casual reader)
    People disagreeing with you is not canceling your freedom and 1A rights, neither is pointing out your mischaracterizations. You are not a victim. The pro pal demonstraters are not victims. Hamas are not victims

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    The pro pal demonstraters are not victims.
    Actually they have been victims of violence multiple times.

I do think it interesting that Catholics view progessive Catholics as an enemy to be gone after. I thought they might be united in Religion.

Letting Politics divide your church is nasty nasty buisness.
    I believe in Devontez Walker

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I went to a Catholic school for a long time. My long exposures to the evils and hypocrisy of the church is exactly why I don't believe lol. I actually used to be a skydaddy worshipers lmaoo

Anyways the Nuns took issue with Butkers speech but I expect them to be silenced.

Who are these lifelong Nuns to question The Greta prophet Harrison Butker

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    So let me hit you with a bit of logic here and let's see what you do with it.

Whatever experiences you had in Catholic school or anywhere else with anybody, unless you had them with Jesus Himself none of that addresses the reality of whether Jesus is who He claimed to be or not. In other words, the reality of God and Jesus is not determined by your personal experiences and is quite apart from that.

As for the nuns, it doesn't appear that they are part of Benedictine University, which is where Butker spoke. He is in line, apparently, with the beliefs of those that run the university.

As for the attendees, they CHOSE this university in full knowledge of the leadership there who chose to bring in Butker.

Why do you care?

Are people who hold different values and beliefs from you somehow inferior?

Are they worthy, because of their views, for your scorn and mockery?

If so, none of the biblical beliefs you imply you once held had any effect. Those people are, like you, created in the Imago Dei, the Image of God.

And your use of "skydaddy" shows you have an incredibly empty grasp on Christian theology.

How much do you really respect nuns if you call believers skydaddy worshippers? You only ‘respect’ them if you can use them to try and make a point.
    That's a round-tripper, and accurate.

I do think it interesting that Catholics view progessive Catholics as an enemy to be gone after. I thought they might be united in Religion.

LOL, you are projecting. Lefties "go after" people. Butker was calling these graduates into a higher calling, a more godly life, a life of piety and commitment to family and God.

But you project your views and intent onto others. YOU and the left, the progressives, go after people. Butker wasn't going after anybody. He spoke the truth as he has determined it to be. Butker didn't say anything about canceling or doxxing people (you do know he was doxxed, right?).

His references to progressives in Catholicism and government was to point out what they are about, and to call these young adults into something he thinks is better and more fulfilling. Why is that a problem?*

*I actually know why it is, but it might be a good exercise for you to examine yourself.

Blog Entries

What is ‘dividing’ them is their understanding of the word. For example, butkers belief that catholics should oppose abortion vs joe no restrictions biden. You label that a political belief while the devout catholic labels it a religious belief
    Last edited by blah3; 05-17-2024 at 06:15 PM.

What is ‘dividing’ them is their understanding of the word. For example, butkers belief that catholics should not oppose abortion vs joe no restrictions biden. You label that a political belief while the devout catholic labels it a religious belief
    Political or religious, Butker has every right to lobby for his position as anybody else.

The real question that the left avoids at all costs is; "When does life begin?"

Scientifically, there is no denying that a person's makeup is determined at conception. The only difference between that one-celled human being and any of us is growth and experience over time. And stopping that growth and experience over time, without good cause, is murder.

Yeah, well, not even Jesus could lead a totally unified contingent. I suppose that's just the nature of subject or of man.

What is ‘dividing’ them is their understanding of the word. For example, butkers belief that catholics should oppose abortion vs joe no restrictions biden. You label that a political belief while the devout catholic labels it a religious belief
    Hmm no I think the different is one side believes that they should enforce their beliefs onto everyone and one side does not.

I am not interested in living under Christian Sharia Law which is what Christian Nationalist and Seven Mountain Dominions want.

Hmm no I think the different is one side believes that they should enforce their beliefs onto everyone and one side does not.

Yes, you just described woke culture and liberals/leftists quite well. Thanks for the assist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Yes, you just described woke culture and liberals/leftists quite well. Thanks for the assist.
    What percentage of modern christians do you think are woke?

Is the modern church going to divide and remove their place amongst the Pughs?

The idea that there isnt room for progressive christians is a wild Idea and is exactly why certain people arent sticking around.

I have heard it is tough for non-MAGA christians to find churches.

Who do yall think is currently more isolated, right wing or liberal christians?