Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 94
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Carroll County
    Posts
    6,543
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Harrison Butker's Fantastic Commencement Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    He will probably have a top selling jersey now that he's a conservative hero

    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    You called it. Chiefs' Harrison Butker jersey ranked among NFL's bestsellers amid kicker's faith-based commencement address.
    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/chief...cement-address





  2. #14

    Re: Harrison Butker's Fantastic Commencement Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    You called it. Chiefs' Harrison Butker jersey ranked among NFL's bestsellers amid kicker's faith-based commencement address.
    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/chief...cement-address
    If he weren't a Chief, I'd buy one. That would give me a Jamie Sharper Texans jersey, Puka Nacua autographed helmet, and a Butker jersey as my only NFL stuff since the Ravens joined the league. I do have an autographed Joe Montana football I got before the Ravens started playing, so that doesn't count.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock





  3. #15

    Re: Harrison Butker's Fantastic Commencement Speech

    My wife purchased one last night, violates everything I have ever believed about sports but we feel so passionately I might get one too.





  4. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Carroll County
    Posts
    6,543
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Harrison Butker's Fantastic Commencement Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    If he weren't a Chief, I'd buy one. That would give me a Jamie Sharper Texans jersey, Puka Nacua autographed helmet, and a Butker jersey as my only NFL stuff since the Ravens joined the league. I do have an autographed Joe Montana football I got before the Ravens started playing, so that doesn't count.
    Why a Jamie Sharper Texans jersey?





  5. #17

    Re: Harrison Butker's Fantastic Commencement Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Why a Jamie Sharper Texans jersey?
    He took out that nice, one page add thanking Baltimore when he left.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock





  6. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,494
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Harrison Butker's Fantastic Commencement Speech

    Tavia Hunt posts in support of Butker

    "I’ve always encouraged my daughters to be highly educated and chase their dreams. I want them to know that they can do whatever they want (that honors God). But I also want them to know that I believe finding a spouse who loves and honors you as or before himself and raising a family together is one of the greatest blessings this world has to offer. Studies show that committed, married couples with children are the happiest demographic, and this has been my experience as well.

    "Affirming motherhood and praising your wife, as well as highlighting the sacrifice and dedication it takes to be a mother, is not bigoted. It is empowering to acknowledge that a woman’s hard work in raising children is not in vain. Countless highly educated women devote their lives to nurturing and guiding their children. Someone disagreeing with you doesn’t make them hateful; it simply means they have a different opinion. Let’s celebrate families, motherhood and fatherhood. Our society desperately needs dedicated men and women to raise up and train the next generation in the way they should go. Proverbs 31:28 says, 'Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.' Embracing the beautiful roles that God has made is something to celebrate.

    "I also caution against taking things (or parts of speeches) out of context. Sound bites overlaid with hateful comments are not what we want to model for our children or others. We need more dialogue (and VALUES, IMO) in this country and less hate."

    https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...s%20to%20offer.





  7. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Blue crab country
    Posts
    1,709

    Re: Harrison Butker's Fantastic Commencement Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Tavia Hunt posts in support of Butker

    "I’ve always encouraged my daughters to be highly educated and chase their dreams. I want them to know that they can do whatever they want (that honors God). But I also want them to know that I believe finding a spouse who loves and honors you as or before himself and raising a family together is one of the greatest blessings this world has to offer. Studies show that committed, married couples with children are the happiest demographic, and this has been my experience as well.

    "Affirming motherhood and praising your wife, as well as highlighting the sacrifice and dedication it takes to be a mother, is not bigoted. It is empowering to acknowledge that a woman’s hard work in raising children is not in vain. Countless highly educated women devote their lives to nurturing and guiding their children. Someone disagreeing with you doesn’t make them hateful; it simply means they have a different opinion. Let’s celebrate families, motherhood and fatherhood. Our society desperately needs dedicated men and women to raise up and train the next generation in the way they should go. Proverbs 31:28 says, 'Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.' Embracing the beautiful roles that God has made is something to celebrate.

    "I also caution against taking things (or parts of speeches) out of context. Sound bites overlaid with hateful comments are not what we want to model for our children or others. We need more dialogue (and VALUES, IMO) in this country and less hate."

    https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...s%20to%20offer.
    Love it.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little





  8. #20

    Harrison Butker's Fantastic Commencement Speech

    It just dawned on me this morning that NFL players and their families live up to gender role norms by and large due to the primary wage earners extreme ability to do so. I think that inherently attracts spouses interested in doing the same. NFL families, even coaches and support staff, by and large then conform to single wage earner with a supporting spouse at home. Caring for the house and family.

    And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that if everyone involved is happy and has options. Trying to suggest otherwise is actually the problem. Shaming women for CHOOSING to state at home and car for the house and kids is the real problem.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  9. Re: Harrison Butker's Fantastic Commencement Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Tavia Hunt posts in support of Butker

    "I’ve always encouraged my daughters to be highly educated and chase their dreams. I want them to know that they can do whatever they want (that honors God). But I also want them to know that I believe finding a spouse who loves and honors you as or before himself and raising a family together is one of the greatest blessings this world has to offer. Studies show that committed, married couples with children are the happiest demographic, and this has been my experience as well.

    "Affirming motherhood and praising your wife, as well as highlighting the sacrifice and dedication it takes to be a mother, is not bigoted. It is empowering to acknowledge that a woman’s hard work in raising children is not in vain. Countless highly educated women devote their lives to nurturing and guiding their children. Someone disagreeing with you doesn’t make them hateful; it simply means they have a different opinion. Let’s celebrate families, motherhood and fatherhood. Our society desperately needs dedicated men and women to raise up and train the next generation in the way they should go. Proverbs 31:28 says, 'Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.' Embracing the beautiful roles that God has made is something to celebrate.

    "I also caution against taking things (or parts of speeches) out of context. Sound bites overlaid with hateful comments are not what we want to model for our children or others. We need more dialogue (and VALUES, IMO) in this country and less hate."

    https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...s%20to%20offer.
    Great post and quotes. I/we 100% agree w/every single word.





  10. #22

    Re: Harrison Butker's Fantastic Commencement Speech

    Generally I'm against any speech at graduation becoming political. It should focus on the idea of a brighter future regardless of any personal beliefs. In the case of a private religious school, there's a bit of leeway. Still wouldn't have gone as political at Butker did. But since he's pissed off a lot of leftist trash, I support him.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock





  11. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,494
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Harrison Butker's Fantastic Commencement Speech

    Text of the speech if anyone wants to read the whole thing

    https://www.ncregister.com/news/harr...at-benedictine





  12. #24

    Re: Harrison Butker's Fantastic Commencement Speech

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Generally I'm against any speech at graduation becoming political. It should focus on the idea of a brighter future regardless of any personal beliefs. In the case of a private religious school, there's a bit of leeway. Still wouldn't have gone as political at Butker did. But since he's pissed off a lot of leftist trash, I support him.
    I know my school has only had the president of the school speak for the last 150 years or so. At the time that felt like a mistake because it was his first year and he was a quite unremarkable person that didnt deserve the job, but that seems in retrospect like the way to go. I cant imagine being a parent and being lectured by the thousands of liberals asked to speak at these schools.

    Ohio state this year definitely had one of the worst speeches of all time, yet the outrage was minimal at best because in the end he had a liberal message.

    https://nypost.com/2024/05/07/us-new...hy-speech/amp/





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //->