Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: 2024 Ravens Schedule

Our calendar seems like carnage to me.
    I will take the season very calmly hoping for the best.
    very difficult

Blog Entries

I wonder if the nfl is finally trying to balance out Sundays and not have 8 or 9 1pm games with 3 4 o’clock games. Just glancing through some teams, buf only has 7 1pm games. Dallas has 4 kc 5 pit 6(not counting Xmas) phl 6. Would make sense and I’m sure coming down the line they probably get rid of only 1 network having a doubleheader

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I wonder if the nfl is finally trying to balance out Sundays and not have 8 or 9 1pm games with 3 4 o’clock games. Just glancing through some teams, buf only has 7 1pm games. Dallas has 4 kc 5 pit 6(not counting Xmas) phl 6. Would make sense and I’m sure coming down the line they probably get rid of only 1 network having a doubleheader
    this guy actually did the math of how many games are at 1 and 4 each week. An even split would be nice, not weeks where there are 8 or 9 games at 1pm

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

and this guy says Ravens get more rest days than any other team due to the Thursday games

https://x.com/bburkeESPN/status/1790915414735655058

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    this guy actually did the math of how many games are at 1 and 4 each week. An even split would be nice, not weeks where there are 8 or 9 games at 1pm

Look at week 2 that’s just ridiculous

3 games in 11 days is nasty work by the NFL, especiallg when the standard is 2 games in 14 days. So much for player safety

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    3 games in 11 days is nasty work by the NFL, especiallg when the standard is 2 games in 14 days. So much for player safety
    All 4 of the Christmas teams are doing it so atleast there’s not any unfair rest advantage. They just need two bye weeks and then they can juggle all the odd ball money grabbing games in better along with all the international games

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    and this guy says Ravens get more rest days than any other team due to the Thursday games

https://x.com/bburkeESPN/status/1790915414735655058
    That may be true but after looking at the schedule closer the end of the year is some serious bullshit!
    3 games within a 10-11 day span is not fair.
    Add in that two of them are on the road so you have to add in travel.
    Then add in that this is occuring at the end of the year where everyone is battling injuries and the wear and tear on their bodies.
    The NFL did the Ravens no favors with this bullshit!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Thirteen teams have a pair of 4-day turnarounds :

" They are the Jets, the 49ers, the Seahawks, the Rams, the Bengals, the Browns, the Dolphins, the Cowboys, the Giants, the Bears, the Steelers, the Ravens, and the Texans.

For Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Houston, one short week happens between Sunday an Thursday, and the other lands on Saturday to Wednesday, for Christmas.

Although the league justifies short-week football by claiming that the injury rate is no different for games played with six days in between and games played with three days in between, that position overlooks the cumulative wear and tear on a human body by playing games on short rest. Along with the overall disruption to routine and limited time to plan and prepare for a game.

Doing it twice in a season definitely creates a disadvantage for the teams that get the short-week short straw. Nothing the NFL says to justify the maneuver changes that. "

Wimps! Why can't they play on back-to-back days? Early game on Sunday then on Monday night. Wait until the 24 game schedule, in 25 weeks comes out, then you're in for a treat... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    All 4 of the Christmas teams are doing it so atleast there’s not any unfair rest advantage. They just need two bye weeks and then they can juggle all the odd ball money grabbing games in better along with all the international games
    Fair point but this should not be getting done to any of the teams.
    All 4 are playoff caliber teams and are being handed an unfair disadvantage here.
    3 of the teams feature QBs that are essentially the face of the NFL now and to do this is mind boggling to me.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Fair point but this should not be getting done to any of the teams.
    All 4 are playoff caliber teams and are being handed an unfair disadvantage here.
    3 of the teams feature QBs that are essentially the face of the NFL now and to do this is mind boggling to me.
    Time for two bye weeks

Apparently the Ravens have hired Stavross to promote their schedule. lol This was great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHOmJVCNmGE