Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 2024 Ravens Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I don't blame him. Three games in 10 days when you're making a playoff run is brutal. Playing an away game on Wednesday is ridiculous. Two Mondays, two Thursdays, and a Wednesday isn't exactly ideal, either. The only fortunate thing about this is that the first Thursday isn't a short week.

Short week games: Week 8 @ Cleveland, Week 10 v. Cincinnati, Week 13 v. Philadelphia, Week 16 v. Pittsburgh, Week 17 @ Houston. So three division opponents on short weeks (either playing on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, or after a Monday game).

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I don't blame him. Three games in 10 days when you're making a playoff run is brutal. Playing an away game on Wednesday is ridiculous. Two Mondays, two Thursdays, and a Wednesday isn't exactly ideal, either. The only fortunate thing about this is that the first Thursday isn't a short week.

Short week games: Week 8 @ Cleveland, Week 10 v. Cincinnati, Week 13 v. Philadelphia, Week 16 v. Pittsburgh, Week 17 @ Houston. So three division opponents on short weeks (either playing on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, or after a Monday game).
    It's sucky for sure. But it also sucks for those opponents as well. I glanced at their schedules and I think most teams have a tough opponent the game before they play us on the short week.

1 - Netflix: @ Houston
    1 - Prime: v. Cincinnati
    2 - ESPN: @ Tampa, @ LA Chargers

The rest are network TV, with the last week TBA v. Cleveland

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I like it too.
    If I was still a season ticket holder I’d probably hate it.
    Only three 1:00pm games sucks when you have to work the next day.

For years on here half of what I’d read was people bitching about the lack of respect the Ravens were getting because they weren’t getting enough national and prime time exposure and games.

Hosting the AFCCG got them the respect.
    If they’re as good as they like to think they are they’ll live up to the exposure and prove themselves this year rather than have last year be a fluke.
    I am a season ticket holder and I like it. Yes you’re right prime time does suck for work the next day. I always love 4:25 games
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    It's sucky for sure. But it also sucks for those opponents as well. I glanced at their schedules and I think most teams have a tough opponent the game before they play us on the short week.
    Week 8: BAL from @TB (MNF), CLE from vs CIN - advantage CLE, full week / doesn't travel

Week 10: BAL from vs DEN, CIN from vs LV - advantage BAL, doesn't travel for THU game

Week 13: BAL from @LAC (MNF), PHI from @LAR (SNF) - interesting both are traveling from the same city, and both are night games. Slight advantage PHI.

Week 16: BAL from @NYG, PIT from @PHI (afternoon game) - slight advantage BAL being home.

Week 17: BAL from vs PIT (Saturday), HOU from @KC (Saturday) - slight advantage HOU I guess... also note PIT and KC have to play each other on Christmas after playing BAL and HOU, respectively. Bit of a cluster there.

====

Other than the Cleveland game I don't think there is much screwage of the Ravens vs the other teams. The biggest problem of course is injury risk, which the NFL doesn't really care about.

It would amuse me if the Ravens, Chiefs, Steelers and Texans play a little load management game and piss the NFL off.

Blog Entries

I'm feeling pretty positive about this.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm feeling pretty positive about this.
    As am I.

I'm more optimistic about this season than I was last season when the schedule came out

Thought I would share this here. Benefitting from rest days vs opponents. Ravens have the highest differential

https://x.com/bburkeESPN/status/1790915414735655058
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

The NFL is really treading a slippery slope. This schedule is a bad joke. It's getting to the point that the day of a game much less the time remains unknown until the league office can decide how they will make the most money. It's complete bullshit.

Oh I forgot to mention how concerned the NFL is about their employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    The NFL is really treading a slippery slope. This schedule is a bad joke. It's getting to the point that the day of a game much less the time remains unknown until the league office can decide how they will make the most money. It's complete bullshit.
    It’s a killer on fans who travel long distances to attend.
    NFL has zero respect for the fans who actually go to the games.

Quote Originally Posted by BRfan96 View Post
    I'll just post my "rapid reaction prediction" to the schedule drop:

Wk 1: @ Chiefs (W)
    Wk 2: Vs Raiders (W)
    Wk 3: @ Cowboys (W)
    Wk 4: Vs Bills (W)
    Wk 5: @ Bengals (L)
    Wk 6: Vs Was (W)
    Wk 7: @ Bucs (W)
    Wk 8: @ Browns (L)
    Wk 9: Vs Broncos (W)