Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: And Another thing about Rashod Bateman Believers!

So many threads of random wr shit, this is why people check out this time of year. We keep letting the crazy people take over talking about random shit nobody cares about

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXbio View Post
    So many threads of random wr shit, this is why people check out this time of year. We keep letting the crazy people take over talking about random shit nobody cares about
    Yes indeed and I am once again overly caffeinated

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    ~1100 and 6.

I have this low-sample-size impression that, like Julio Jones and some other talented WRs, Bateman doesn't have a real "nose for the end zone". He'll score, but just a tick less than his other counting stats would lead you to expect.

Just an impression.
    Could be. That they could turn to Lamar + Gus for easy TDs in short yardage end zone situations didn't help. An offense that will include Lamar + Henry + Andrews ain't helping either. 900 and 6 if Zay, Andrews and Likely don't miss time.
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

Blog Entries

No fucking way Bateman breaks 1K. Write it in pencil, blood, or ink.

Get a receipt, get back to me. There is only one ball. Zay will have 1K well before Bate. We won't have two 1K receivers, not with Andrews, Likely, with Lamar runs and King Henry.

I seriously wonder how much of the reality of the NFL knowledge some of you have.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

Get a receipt, get back to me. There is only one ball. Zay will have 1K well before Bate. We won't have two 1K receivers, not with Andrews, Likely, with Lamar runs and King Henry.

I seriously wonder how much of the reality of the NFL knowledge some of you have.
    Cap'n, this is the only 1K he can break :

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

I gotta agree with Cap.

In the entire 28 year history of the Baltimore Ravens, there have been a total of 14 1,000-yard seasons by WRs. Only once did two receivers put up 1,000 in the same year. That was in 1996, with a God-awful defense and lots of garbage time.

Thinking Bate is going to get 1,000 with the rest of the team healthy means that Andrews, Likely, and Flowers all regress; that Tez Walker is a bust; that Derrick Henry was a waste of money; AND that the Ravens in general suck, because they are playing catch-up from big deficits in the second half a lot.

I don't see much chance of all those things happening.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Because it trains the passing game to be effective in the playoffs when we need it most and can't suddenly blow a team out. We have a habit of blowing games, because we shut things down early and even most of the throws we do go for are more conservative in style, compared to earlier in the game. Then, teams that won't go away, slash into our lead while our offense fails to turn the light back on. All of the best passing games have one thing in common: They are relentless, for four quarters. They do run more than usual with big leads, but not the way we just shut the whole offense down.

To add, we don't go into the season wanting to throw 35-40 times anyway. If it's a team causing us problems, we're far more likely to turn to the Ol' 'Run the ball and keep them off the field approach, unless it's a team Harbaugh's worried about because they score in bunches (Chiefs usually) or came back on us (Miami). They're not going to get a better passing game until they start acting like they want one. Or come playoff time, when things aren't rosy, it'll falter like it always does because for once, we can't sit on a big lead and we don't know how to pass effectively for four quarters, because we've never even wanted to do it.
    I mean what the heck do you want them to do, stop blowing teams out in the regular season? Another 60 throws in the regular season isn't going to suddenly make them unbelivably better in the playoffs. They aren't losing in the playoffs due to that...they are losing because suddenly a defense can't force any turnovers at all and the offense, including Lamar starts fumbling and throwing interceptions. Throwing the ball 50-100 (3-6 a game) more times a year isn't going to do shit if the offense doesn't stop turning the ball over and the defense can't force any themselves. We aren't losing because of your narrative that they become conservative in the playoffs...they haven't lost games with Lamar due to blown leads...they have played from behind virtually every single loss so that logic just doesn't apply.

They have shown to be really good throwing the ball when the games are competitive and are even aggressive doing so. Again, so much context is being lost here...every single team in this league would be leaning more on the run than they would the pass if they were blowing teams out like we were. And I'd bet half of Lamars rushes that come close to his previous years...came on scrambles off of called passing plays. You can't control that...if passing plays are called, they are called...and it's up to the players to make it work and Lamar to take off if nothing is there instead of what other QB's would do which is throwing the ball away or taking sacks. Nothing is wrong with running the ball 4 out of 7 downs or 6 out of 10 when you have a 2 score lead...maybe the issue is something some have pointed out before...let's not make all of those running plays just running Gus or now Henry right up the middle on dive plays...run some stretch plays/counters etc.
    Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 05-31-2024 at 02:36 PM.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I mean what the heck do you want them to do, stop blowing teams out in the regular season? Another 60 throws in the regular season isn't going to suddenly make them unbelivably better in the playoffs. They aren't losing in the playoffs due to that...they are losing because suddenly a defense can't force any turnovers at all and the offense, including Lamar starts fumbling and throwing interceptions. Throwing the ball 50-100 (3-6 a game) more times a game isn't going to do shit if the offense doesn't stop turning the ball over and the defense can't force any themselves. We aren't losing because of your narrative that they become conservative in the playoffs...they haven't lost games with Lamar due to blown leads...they have played from behind virtually every single loss so that logic just doesn't apply.

They have shown to be really good throwing the ball when the games are competitive and are even aggressive doing so. Again, so much context is being lost here...every single team in this league would be leaning more on the run than they would the pass if they were blowing teams out like we were. And I'd bet half of Lamars rushes that come close to his previous years...came on scrambles off of called passing plays. You can't control that...if passing plays are called, they are called...and it's up to the players to make it work and Lamar to take off if nothing is there instead of what other QB's would do which is throwing the ball away or taking sacks. Nothing is wrong with running the ball 4 out of 7 downs or 6 out of 10 when you have a 2 score lead...maybe the issue is something some have pointed out before...let's not make all of those running plays just running Gus or now Henry right up the middle on dive plays...run some stretch plays/counters etc.
    He doesnít care about winning. Save your breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Re: And Another thing about Rashod Bateman Believers!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXbio View Post
    B I N G O

Blog Entries

I mean what the heck do you want them to do, stop blowing teams out in the regular season? Another 60 throws in the regular season isn't going to suddenly make them unbelivably better in the playoffs. They aren't losing in the playoffs due to that...they are losing because suddenly a defense can't force any turnovers at all and the offense, including Lamar starts fumbling and throwing interceptions. Throwing the ball 50-100 (3-6 a game) more times a year isn't going to do shit if the offense doesn't stop turning the ball over and the defense can't force any themselves. We aren't losing because of your narrative that they become conservative in the playoffs...they haven't lost games with Lamar due to blown leads...they have played from behind virtually every single loss so that logic just doesn't apply.

My narrative isnít that they go conservative in the playoffs. My narrative is that for them, the passing game is only a tool to allow them to run more comfortably, not actually all out win with the pass. So, in the playoffs, a different animal from the regular season, when they need it to do that because either the run isnít working or they panic, it canít do it. We hear them talk, to this day about their philosophy, sticking to who they are. All of that rhetoric. We know what it means.

And psychologically, we donít do what a KC and the Bucs did. They will run up the score and throw for four quarters. Yes, adding in runs toward the end, but still throwing mainly and sticking to what was working to get them the lead. Teams approach them realizing that they have to keep pace. That fear enters their heads before the game even starts. We get a two score lead and treat the offense like the game is already over. Tom Brady said it, you practice how you play, you donít let up and that carries to the postseason. In our philosophical aggressiveness, we let up the minute we get a ten point second half lead. We need to light people up with the passing game all four quarters to truly get it to the point that it translates to the playoffs. Itís no coincidence that itís so mistake prone every time we hit the playoffs. We donít treat it seriously enough. We keep treating it like we just need it to be good enough to get by. We talk up an Ďefficientí passing game, but donít actually prioritize the things that would make it efficient. First off, the ball doesnít need to hit the ground. Second off, not every pass is going to be perfect and not every WR is going to be wide open. So we need guys who can make a play for their QB. Not throw 5m at a WR who has to be wide open to make a catch. Now, the efficient passes from a schematic standpoint, I do believe Monken is trying to add. But we say we want this efficient offense when what we prioritize and the way we treat it says, ĎWe just need enough from it to get byí. Just a few big plays and enough quality to get us a 10 point lead and then our offense goes into rest mode. And when we need it to be more in the playoffs, itís never been more.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    My narrative isn’t that they go conservative in the playoffs. My narrative is that for them, the passing game is only a tool to allow them to run more comfortably, not actually all out win with the pass. So, in the playoffs, a different animal from the regular season, when they need it to do that because either the run isn’t working or they panic, it can’t do it. We hear them talk, to this day about their philosophy, sticking to who they are. All of that rhetoric. We know what it means.

And psychologically, we don’t do what a KC and the Bucs did. They will run up the score and throw for four quarters. Yes, adding in runs toward the end, but still throwing mainly and sticking to what was working to get them the lead. Teams approach them realizing that they have to keep pace. That fear enters their heads before the game even starts. We get a two score lead and treat the offense like the game is already over. Tom Brady said it, you practice how you play, you don’t let up and that carries to the postseason. In our philosophical aggressiveness, we let up the minute we get a ten point second half lead. We need to light people up with the passing game all four quarters to truly get it to the point that it translates to the playoffs. It’s no coincidence that it’s so mistake prone every time we hit the playoffs. We don’t treat it seriously enough. We keep treating it like we just need it to be good enough to get by. We talk up an ‘efficient’ passing game, but don’t actually prioritize the things that would make it efficient. First off, the ball doesn’t need to hit the ground. Second off, not every pass is going to be perfect and not every WR is going to be wide open. So we need guys who can make a play for their QB. Not throw 5m at a WR who has to be wide open to make a catch. Now, the efficient passes from a schematic standpoint, I do believe Monken is trying to add. But we say we want this efficient offense when what we prioritize and the way we treat it says, ‘We just need enough from it to get by’. Just a few big plays and enough quality to get us a 10 point lead and then our offense goes into rest mode. And when we need it to be more in the playoffs, it’s never been more.
    We won't run up the score? We ran it up all year this year! We had one of the highest point differentials in NFL history. They threw the ball plenty...to act like we get up 3 or 7 points and then go to a 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense on any higher rate than any other team...I seriously, seriously doubt it. Let's get some stats to back that claim up instead of just tossing it out there because that's what we want to believe. The stats...stats that are not objective...they are cold hard facts, say that when we are in games when things are competitive, we throw the ball at the 7th highest rate on early downs in the league last year.

I feel like the Roman offense has just warped some peoples minds into thinking that's always how it was. Even in Flacco's "prime", he had years where he was in the top 10 in the league in attempts. This was a completely different offense this past year.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

We won't run up the score? We ran it up all year this year! We had one of the highest point differentials in NFL history. They threw the ball plenty...to act like we get up 3 or 7 points and then go to a 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense on any higher rate than any other team...I seriously, seriously doubt it. Let's get some stats to back that claim up instead of just tossing it out there because that's what we want to believe. The stats...stats that are not objective...they are cold hard facts, say that when we are in games when things are competitive, we throw the ball at the 7th highest rate on early downs in the league last year.

I feel like the Roman offense has just warped some peoples minds into thinking that's always how it was. Even in Flacco's "prime", he had years where he was in the top 10 in the league in attempts. This was a completely different offense this past year.
    He would rather lose playing 12 year old playing Madden style passing on all 4 downs than win playing balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk