Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: And Another thing about Rashod Bateman Believers!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Here is what fans arenít getting about Bateman and, as crazy as it is for me to say this, that fan who robbed the team blind of the #15 jersey and continues to elude authorities, mentioned a big chunk of it: Itís not just route running Ďabilityí, itís understanding HOW to run your route, given the situation at hand. Reading the coverage, understanding your QB, adjusting the route accordingly. All of that, before we even get into catching it consistently or making a play for your QB in tight coverage.

This is what happens when you keep feeding your QB non-savvy WRs. And itís also why some WRs who arenít great, can still make it work through savvy and intelligence and QBs still like them.
    He needs to work on the mental part of his game, he runs pretty routes, understands leverage and has all the physical skills, but he has to work on the mental part of his game. He is starting to remind me of Diontae Johnson who ran some the most gorgeous routes but didnít develop the mental part of his game until maybe last year. But by then, he had worn out his welcome in Pittsburgh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is what fans arenít getting about Bateman and, as crazy as it is for me to say this, that fan who robbed the team blind of the #15 jersey and continues to elude authorities, mentioned a big chunk of it: Itís not just route running Ďabilityí, itís understanding HOW to run your route, given the situation at hand. Reading the coverage, understanding your QB, adjusting the route accordingly. All of that, before we even get into catching it consistently or making a play for your QB in tight coverage.

This is what happens when you keep feeding your QB non-savvy WRs.
    This is a huge crock of shit.
    Bateman is good at ALL of that stuff.

You are WAY over-cranking your criticism of Bateman, just because the Ravens didn't get DeAndre Hopkins. Pro tip: you don't have to trash Bateman to make a case that Lamar & the Ravens would benefit from having DeAndre Hopkins too.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

You are WAY over-cranking your criticism of Bateman, just because the Ravens didn't get DeAndre Hopkins. Pro tip: you don't have to trash Bateman to make a case that Lamar & the Ravens would benefit from having DeAndre Hopkins too.
    But he saw him ďnot break off his routeĒ one time when Lamar motioned him to do so on a scramble drill, and he saw him ďnot fight back to the ballĒ on a double coverage underthrown ball one time.

He has to assign blame to Bateman(and the coaches, FO) to take it off Lamar.

Blog Entries

Then why are they still not on the same page. Why is that fan in the #15 jersey talking about how cerebral Lamar is and how he understands ball placement on a high level, not only based on the coverage, but WHO exactly is in coverage and the route called, but he's figuring it out with evvvveeerrryybody but Bateman. Why was I watching Bateman run a crosser against the Chiefs, with Lamar looking right at him, telling him to cut his route upfield where there's tons of space, only for Bateman to stay on the crosser, allow the DB to squeeze it and leaving Lamar with nowhere to go with the ball? Why is Lamar seeing Bateman open deep versus the Rams, only for Bateman to give up on the route? Why, versus Miami, is Bateman lunging for a deep pass that, he had just ran his route through properly, would have landed right in his lap?

And as for Hopkins, oh so NOW I have a point. Wasn't hearing all of that last summer when it happened. Same as I was trying to warn people about Bateman coming off of lisfranc and nobody, including yourself, wanted to hear it last summer. It's this cycle of always acknowledging these things after the fact, but then going right back to acting as if I'm somehow wrong.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Then why are they still not on the same page.
    I presume because Bateman didn't get any offseason in the new offense with the new OC, and then still had issues with his foot early in the season.
    Maybe it's fair to say I hope that's the case. But Bate showed enough in prior seasons to justify belief that he's good.

Why was I watching Bateman run a crosser against the Chiefs, with Lamar looking right at him, telling him to cut his route upfield where there's tons of space, only for Bateman to stay on the crosser, allow the DB to squeeze it and leaving Lamar with nowhere to go with the ball?
    Man, that play really made a deep impression on you.
    How come none of Bateman's plays in 2021 & 22 made any impression on you? Did you not watch those games?

And as for Hopkins, oh so NOW I have a point
    Not sure what "NOW" is supposed to mean here. You've been harping on the same point for eleven years: that the Ravens should have gotten DeAndre Hopkins and still should get DeAndre Hopkins.
    And every WR the Ravens name a starter, who isn't DeAndre Hopkins, sucks.

Same as I was trying to warn people about Bateman coming off of lisfranc and nobody, including yourself, wanted to hear it last summer.
    I expected Bate to be near 100% last year coming off the Lisfranc. I was wrong.
    He eventually got to or very near 100%, but it took a while.

Blog Entries

I presume because Bateman didn't get any offseason in the new offense with the new OC, and then still had issues with his foot early in the season.
    Maybe it's fair to say I hope that's the case. But Bate showed enough in prior seasons to justify belief that he's good.

Man, that play really made a deep impression on you.
    How come none of Bateman's plays in 2021 & 22 made any impression on you? Did you not watch those games?

Not sure what "NOW" is supposed to mean here. You've been harping on the same point for eleven years: that the Ravens should have gotten DeAndre Hopkins and still should get DeAndre Hopkins.
    And every WR the Ravens name a starter, who isn't DeAndre Hopkins, sucks.

I expected Bate to be near 100% last year coming off the Lisfranc. I was wrong.
    He eventually got to or very near 100%, but it took a while.
    To answer your question, because it's three plays over a three year span that over 50 WRs can put together in one. A slant against Miami that he housed, a deep pass against the Jets and the one truly tough contested catch he's ever made, saving what should have been an interception against the Cardinals. I could literally name 50 WRs who had just as many or more plays of that nature in 2023 alone.

As for the Hopkins take, hyperbole. And it's not my fault the Ravens bargain shop, it doesn't work, they bargain shop again, it doesn't work and they just keep bargain shopping. It's the definition of insanity.

Lastly, trust the Sword, Jim. Just trust the Sword.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

To answer your question, because it's three plays over a three year span that over 50 WRs can put together in one. A slant against Miami that he housed, a deep pass against the Jets and the one truly tough contested catch he's ever made, saving what should have been an interception against the Cardinals. I could literally name 50 WRs who had just as many or more plays of that nature in 2023 alone.

As for the Hopkins take, hyperbole. And it's not my fault the Ravens bargain shop, it doesn't work, they bargain shop again, it doesn't work and they just keep bargain shopping. It's the definition of insanity.

Youíre mostly a pool noodle. Lol.

Bateman had a handful of diving hands catches on underneath stuff last year that I think you should give him some credit for. Iím not sure anyone else on the team makes those catches. Iím also not sure why Lamar can hit Andrews between the numbers on hooks underneath, but air mails Bateman high and wide, or sometimes last year skips it in on a bounce. Heís more than 3 highlight plays, but heís got plenty of low lights too, as you love to remind us.

Iím excited to see how it looks this year. Bateman wonít be sharing time at X. There were times last year when he was wide open and seemingly not even in the progression. Itís his year to shine and prove heís a valuable weapon. All those OBJ slants will be going to him. He and Lamar should be automatic on 15 yard comebacks. Bateman runs it as well as anyone out there. It should be a regular part of the offense. So Iím excited to see what Monken draws up in year two. Somewhere I said 800yards, I think heíll get it and we will be pleasantly surprised.

Trust the sword to be wrong almost every time. Check.

i will
    never forget the drop
    in the steelers game
    last year.

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    i will
    never forget the drop
    in the steelers game
    last year.
    Didn't practically everyone not named Odell have a drop in that game?

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Didn't practically everyone not named Odell have a drop in that game?
    Nelly and Mandrews also dropped touchdowns.

Being open before the ball is thrown looks good on metrics, but doesn't count for much if the player is no longer open by the time the ball gets there. That's been a noted problem of Bateman's since college that showed up in several reports from his Minnesota days. Whether he's misjudging the ball, can't box defenders out or something else it's a problem he must improve upon to continue a meaningful role in the WR pecking order