Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: Book Review - Breaking Bad Universe Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Also need an explanation for such sins
    That I prefer Saul? It's no knock on BB...10/10 series for me. Personal preference. The way everything tied up in the final season was incredible and again not to say that BB didn't too but Saul really rewarded the viewers for paying attention. Saying too much would ruin certain things for ERey that are best left unspoiled...like that one scene with Hamlin.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I don't think you would appreciate Saul Goodman as much in BB if you watched BCS first. "It wasn't me! It was Ignacio!" The scene loses some of the surprises that BCS has in reverse-reference, if that is a thing. Maybe I just created it!

Saul is a scene stealer in BB.
    I have to ask ERey how he interprets the B&W scenes given he hasn't watched BB.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    That I prefer Saul? It's no knock on BB...10/10 series for me. Personal preference. The way everything tied up in the final season was incredible and again not to say that BB didn't too but Saul really rewarded the viewers for paying attention. Saying too much would ruin certain things for ERey that are best left unspoiled...like that one scene with Hamlin.
    Without spoilers, it is such a different show. One is literally on meth speed; the other is at a lawbook pace. One thing is certain: it is doubtful BCS would get a season 2 had it not been for Breaking Bad. If it were a stand-alone show, I don't think it would have gotten the ratings to stay alive. People constantly tuned in to see connections back to BB.

I have to ask ERey how he interprets the B&W scenes, given he hasn't watched BB.
    Interesting for sure, I don't know of anyone that has watched it prior to BB.

The explanation being for argentina not liking breaking bad

Better call saul was good but no way better than breaking bad. Breaking bad is probably the best tv series ever made

Breaking bad should definitely be watched before better call saul

Better Call Saul was certainly a fine show, with terrific acting that I think got better each season. On the other hand, to me at least, Breaking Bad was a top ten all-time show.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Hello friends, in the doldrums of the offseason, I wanted to share the review of my book.

Breaking Bad Universe Q&A - LINK Review

Wow Captain. Congrats. I'll get it on kindle. You're talented man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Wow Captain. Congrats. I'll get it on kindle. You're talented man.
    Why thank you, kind sir! Shout out to all my friends, frenemies, and miscellaneous posters, as well as Tony. I spent years here honing my writing skills!

Blog Entries

Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever created.

I think a lot of people had challenges with the series because the first season was pretty slow, but then it really ramped up.

The change in Walter White throughout the series is just brilliant. It's a real testament that we all have "that" in us.

BCS was also incredible.

I didn't care for El Camino. It was ok.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

BTW - Ordered!
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The change in Walter White throughout the series is just brilliant. It's a real testament that we all have "that" in us.
    I actually address this very question in the book!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    BTW - Ordered!
    Awesome! Leave me a nice review! LOL!

From BB I only liked Kristen Rytter and the role of Hank.

It is a series that I did not like from the beginning, from the car, the color, and certainly the location where it is filmed.
    Skyler and the son seem like a bad character to me.
    Walter and Jesse, being the protagonists, did not generate sympathy in me and Fring and the rest of the poster did not seem like anything special to me, typical Mexican mafia poster of any movie/series.
    I hated the fly chapter, because it was boring and ugly. after that chapter. I took a 1 year break to resume the series.
    I finished watching it, but it was an effort to watch each episode.
    basically that, I didn't like it from the beginning, it took me a lot of effort to finish it and I didn't like it.
    Of course, I didn't make the effort to watch BCS either (he didn't seem like a great character to me either) or Jesse's movie