Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woke Jesus

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Woke Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    In the context of Greg saying progressive Christians don't volunteer,follow the book, and are divisive to the far right Christians then that makes bad Christians , no?

I feel pretty good about that statement, why not you?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    If it came off as progressives "not serving at all" then I should retract that and apologize. I can identify some wonderful things some that are progressives have done, and with sacrifice to do so.

As for one being good and one being bad, I am not going there. That is way above my pay grade. I just believe they have made mistakes in their view of what God wants from us, and they see me the same way. I have been called a Pharisee by progressives that I actually love, appreciate, and call friends. I see my conservative stance as calling people out of lifestyles that are damaging to them and many others, and that I think is true love. Telling people it is okay I view as the easy and convenient way.

The divide in Christianity, or any other large group of people under any banner, is a natural occurrence. Differences exist between two people, much less millions or billions. The larger the group, the larger the differences that will appear. It doesn't have to divide us, as we all should see each other as brothers and sisters in the "Mere Christianity" C.S. Lewis wrote of.

Here's an example of a 'woke' denomination perverting the Lord's Word.

https://www.exposingtheelca.com/expo...as-caused-harm

"​The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America is growing more and more radical. Upon the denomination sharing a graphic on the ELCA Facebook page (pictured on the right), with the Bible verse "God is Light in Him there is no darkness at all
    ​1 John 1:5" the ELCA's radical base came out firing.
    "

These clowns actually have the audacity to apologize for God's Word! They change the Word of God to fit their sinful, demented desires.
    A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins. - Benjamin Franklin

https://www.exposingtheelca.com/expo...an-redeems-him

"ELCA Lutheran preacher uses the f-word and says 'Jesus screwed up…the Syrophoenician woman redeems him'"

A sad bunch of heretics.
    A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    https://www.exposingtheelca.com/expo...an-redeems-him

"ELCA Lutheran preacher uses the f-word and says 'Jesus screwed up…the Syrophoenician woman redeems him'"

A sad bunch of heretics.
    This is because the Bible says Women can't preach , teach and must be silent?

I believe in Devontez Walker

This is because the Bible says Women can't preach , teach and must be silent?

You don't know what you are talking about.

Go ahead and toss up the quotes from Paul's letters, but maybe read Romans 16 before you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You don't know what you are talking about.

Go ahead and toss up the quotes from Paul's letters, but maybe read Romans 16 before you do.
    1 Timothy 2:12
    But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

1 Timothy 2:11
    Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness.

1 Corinthians 14:34
    The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says.

1 Corinthians 14:35
    If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.

I've read the book. I know whats in it. These are the words of the Book, yes?

If you think these words havent had a widespread impact on the role of women in the church you are deeply mistaken.
    I believe in Devontez Walker

There is no "good" or "bad" Christian, there is no division only to those who want to be divided. We are all children of God. What do we do with Christians that may not act as we think a Christian should? We pray for them........That's what we do. Also, servitude comes in many forms, How we serve Christ and God is in our faith. I coached football for over 20 years. For me that was absolutely serving God......how? Being a mentor, teaching young men not only how to be a good football player but by leading as an example as a follower of Christ.

I sacrificed more then I even know, I continue to serve by often speaking at NA and AA meetings. NO, I don't preach........me expertise comes from the ability to connect with young people. Again, leading by example. I have a loosely prepared speech I do called........"what we do in the dark when no one is watching" Even people who are not religious pray when they hit rock bottom, they have no idea to who or what they are praying to.......all they know is they having nothing left but to pray. Most drunks and drug addicts know that there has to be some higher being because there is no way they should still be alive. That's a teachable moment right there.

I was brought up in the church, baptized Catholic, took my first communion as a Protestant and my family settled in to the Baptist religion when I was around the age of 13 or 14. No, I wouldn't consider myself a religious person......I do have my faith and belief that Jesus is our savior. No, I can't quote a chapter or a verse. What I can do is tell you is that, it all doesn't end in a slow ride in a hearse ( Nod to Ronnie Dunn). I believe there's more to life then what we see here.

But hey.....you do you......I always say.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......

Just in case you've never seen it.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5z-jjWyAJQ
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......

1 Timothy 2:12
    But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

1 Timothy 2:11
    Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness.

1 Corinthians 14:34
    The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says.

1 Corinthians 14:35
    If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.

I've read the book. I know whats in it. These are the words of the Book, yes?

If you think these words havent had a widespread impact on the role of women in the church you are deeply mistaken.
    Did you read Romans 16?

I doubt you even read those verses, you likely searched the internet and are just tossing these up?