Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Chiefs Ravens Week 1

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Lamar and the Wrs need to beat it. Also if im a corner I’m playing inside technique on the ers out side. They wouldn’t beat me on in breaking routes I’d make everything go out to the sidelines. You’d have to beat me with several deep outs come backs etc before I’d even think about switching up
    They’ve been doing this since 2018? Why are we acting like this new

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signore View Post
    With the length of the preseason shortened,this will be nothing more than a glorified preseason game.Expect a lot of sloppy football, mistakes , and, of course, dumb play calling. The new players are just beginning to adapt to Monkens and Orr's systems, and Harbaugh will be his usual submission to Andy Reid mode. Probably the two most important people for that game will be the new "game manager" and Justin/Tucker. Chiefs win-they will be a better-disciplined team at that point. The Ravens will have a long way to go to achieve a level of excellence and dominance. This game is like the current polls in the presidential election. At this point, they don't mean much. This game won't mean much in determining who the Ravens will be in the playoffs if they make it. This is simply a media hype game to fill seats in the stadium at homes across America on a Thursday night.Watch and enjoy, but don't expect much.
    It wouldn’t matter who they put on opening night at that point in the year everyone just wants to see football they could put the bears vs Arizona and it would still do a monster number

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    If you're gonna have a Thursday Night game, Week 1 is a great time to do it. You basically get a free mini-bye out of it
    Excellent point. I hadn't even thought of this from that angle. It's the least disruptive Thursday game of the year

Was hoping this game would be mid-October and on a Sunday. For Roadie purposes. So.. gotta mark it off the list and hope that @Dallas isn't the Thanksgiving game.

I'm actually cool with this game being Week 1. Detroit went in there and won last year on opening night. We can do the same.

Chiefs -3

It's an obvious choice but for me as a Ravens fan, this game feels kind of insignificant. A win would be great, but ultimately won't mean much with 16 more games to play. A loss would suck, but ultimately won't mean much with 16 more games to play. I'm sure our team will be fired up to play well and so will KC. It's the 2 best teams in the AFC, but IMO, playing it week 1 before either team really knows who they are is kind of a missed opportunity.

Let the anticipation begin. Our first game with Henry. The team we need to beat to win a Super Bowl. I know the players will be amped up to play in this one. Home run of an opener. Can’t get here soon enough.

Brutal timing for Zach Orr who has never called plays as a DC at any level. He gets Reid and Mahomes on the road with Hollywood and Worthy as new deep threats and no track record as how the Chiefs will use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Brutal timing for Zach Orr who has never called plays as a DC at any level. He gets Reid and Mahomes on the road with Hollywood and Worthy as new deep threats and no track record as how the Chiefs will use them.
    Worthy is a rookie who may or may not even start. As for Hollywood, just be physical with him, but in coverage and tackling and he'll fold. NTM, we now have the fastest CB in the NFL playing for us. And they got to cover Zay, Bate, MAndrews AND Tez without Snead.

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Who couldn't see this coming a mile away, if I am the NFL schedule maker this was a .........no brainer. The current MVP against the current Super Bowl winners/MVP. Lamar vs Mahomes.........Henry.......I am sure Ms. Swift will be in the house. This has TV ratings written all over it.

The Ravens are now a national draw......up there with the big boys. I like it, you wanna be top dog this is how you have to get there. Lamar has to learn how to win when the spotlight is shining brightest. If this team wants to go where they want to go.......why not start here? I predict right now the Ravens win this game.......but this game doesn't matter. If they meet them in January will be the one that matters.
    Truer words have rarely been spoken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My initial reaction was just the opposite.
    Offensive players need more time to develop rapport/chemistry.
    Reid and Mahomes have no book on Orr.

Clumsiness + The Unknown = Good for Orr.

Or, I could be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobellythrower View Post
    Here’s the problem reid shows up in the bright lights , harbs doesn’t , mahomes does
    Not so fast. In 16 years, Harbaugh's teams are 12-4 to open the season. The 4 losses were 3 straight from 2013-15, plus the OT loss to the Raiders in 2021. With Lamar Jackson starting the Ravens are 4-1, holding the opponent to 10 or fewer points in each win while averaging over 34 points/game in all 5 games (the 33-27 OT loss the only blemish).

When Harbaugh has an entire off-season to prepare, he's done quite well.