Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: National Media opinions on Brandon Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I don't agree. I think EDC wants 3 good to great corners. It's a place they spend. I expect Stephens to be extended if he has another good year.
    Agreed. How many times in the past have we seen 1 guy get hurt (Jimmy Smith, Marlon Humphrey) and the whole secondary collapses on itself.

Humphrey has missed significant time in two of the past 3 seasons. We'll be in much better shape now if it happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I agree there is a lot of laziness, and hot takes, whether they are based in any kind of fact or not.

But in defense of the national media, there just aren't enough hours in the day to have in-depth knowledge on every team. Pretty much everyone on this site knows more about the Ravens than any member of the national media. If they spend 8 hours a day devouring football knowledge, that's only 15 minutes per team. I know I average much more than that, between listening to podcasts, watching TV, reading articles, listening to Ravens content and pressers, and conversing with the fine people of this forum.

That still doesn't excuse people who go ahead and publish conclusions without validating with a quick Google search.
    Though I forget it, there is a term for a logical fallacy/cognitive distortion similar to the situation described above.

In short: an expert -- let's say an architect -- will read an article about a building design, construction, finance, and zoning. He'll notice a reporting error pertaining to the design. Make a mental note of it, and then continue reading the article. Meanwhile, an expert banker will be oblivious to the misreporting pertaining to the architecture but will note a problem with the financial reporting. Likewise, a lawyer will pick up on a reporting error pertaining to zoning, but not see the other errors.

Each person doesn't stop to question whether the entire article is good. Rather, each thinks the article is good, except for the error in their realm of expertise. When in fact, the entire article garbage because it is riddled with errors.

When I hear a national reporter say something about the Ravens that I know is dubious, I then question whether anything he says about some other team is likewise dubious.

So after this season, we lose Brandon and have a year older Marlo at an exorbitant price.Ugh. Let’s hope both of this year’s rookie CBs both work out, otherwise EDC will be looking to rebuild the CB room next draft day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeful_Mourner View Post
    So after this season, we lose Brandon and have a year older Marlo at an exorbitant price.Ugh.
    I think its important we keep Brandon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gleeful_Mourner View Post
    So after this season, we lose Brandon and have a year older Marlo at an exorbitant price.Ugh. Letís hope both of this yearís rookie CBs both work out, otherwise EDC will be looking to rebuild the CB room next draft day.
    I don't understand some people (?) The Ravens haven't even started Training Camp, the 2024 season has yet to begin, and you're worrying about what might happen to our CB Corps in 2025? While perhaps EDC did think ahead by drafting two CBs, I'm sure he's still awaiting the 2024 opener to see if his team building skills will have the Ravens on, or near, the top. It's only May so relax and enjoy the fact that the team you root for is still a strong playoff contender... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I don't understand some people (?) The Ravens haven't even started Training Camp, the 2024 season has yet to begin, and you're worrying about what might happen to our CB Corps in 2025?
    Gotta keep looking ahead!