Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 37 to 46 of 46
  1. #37

    Re: Should Priests and Pastor have immunity from Sexual Abuse Cases?

    in 2021, the Louisiana legislature unanimously passed the Louisiana Child Victims Act, which provided a three-year “look-back window” allowing survivors to file lawsuits that would otherwise be barred by the statute of limitations. The law, versions of which have been passed in about half of states, finally allowed the St. Martinville survivors to sue the church and diocese that harbored their abuser.

    The three-year "lookback window" was opened in June 2021 and allowed individuals to file abuse lawsuits regardless of when the incidents are alleged to have occurred. The change in law, stemming from a case against the Diocese of Lafayette, had faced various legal challenges and was taken up by the state’s high court in late 2023.

    This is all relevant because the New Orleans Catholic Church Exposed for Ties to Child Sex-Trafficking and their crimes likely go over a long period of time.

    Do you think the ruling should be upheld?

    Please no more antisemetic whatabouts regarding Jewish People\


    The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New Orleans has come under fire as the target of a Louisiana sex-trafficking probe, according to an 11-page search warrant made public Tuesday. But a recent ruling by the Louisiana Supreme Court might stand in the way of any victims seeking to hold the church accountable.

    The document requested that the archdiocese hand over “ANY and ALL documents that pertain in any way to the sexual abuse of a minor by clergy members employed or otherwise associated with the Archdiocese of New Orleans,” specifying that those records violate the state’s child sex-trafficking laws.

    The warrant also demands any and all communications between Gregory Aymond, the archbishop of New Orleans, and “ANY department within the Vatican pertaining to child sexual abuse.”

    Aymand reportedly led a cover-up of the sprawling child sex-trafficking scheme that targeted children for several decades, going so far as to ignore pleas by his advisers to punish and publicly reveal the identities of priests and deacons in at least six separate cases that the church had determined were credible accusations of sexual misconduct with minors, according to a bombshell 48-page memorandum leaked in 2023 to The Guardian.

    The warrant, which was filed last week, included disturbing details of the pedophilic scheme—including that, in some instances, “‘gifts’ were given to abuse victims by the accused [molesters] with instructions to pass on or give the gift to certain priests at the next school or church,” noting that the “‘gift’ was a form of signaling to another priest that the person was a target for sexual abuse.” Abuse was also a common occurrence at the New Orleans Seminary, where children were encouraged to skinny dip in front of other members of the Archdiocese before being assaulted, according to the warrant.

    But a judgment by the Bayou State’s highest court has effectively stripped sexual assault survivors of an avenue of justice against the church. The judges ruled 3–4 in March that it’s the due process rights of priests and their enablers to not be held accountable in instances of sexual assault.

    The case, Bienvenu v. Diocese of Lafayette, was brought by Douglas Bienvenu and several other plaintiffs who claimed they were sexually molested by a Roman Catholic priest during the 1970s, when they were between the ages of 8 and 14.

    In its majority opinion, issued on March 22, the court argued that while the facts of the case were largely undisputed, the priest—and the religious institution he was a part of—was actually protected under the U.S. Constitution’s due process clause. Therefore, a sexual assault “look-back” window established by the Louisiana legislature in 2021 was actually, according to the court, unconstitutional.




    https://www.yahoo.com/news/horrifyin...175639320.html
    I believe in Devontez Walker





  2. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,503
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Priests and Pastor have immunity from Sexual Abuse Cases?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    in 2021, the Louisiana legislature unanimously passed the Louisiana Child Victims Act, which provided a three-year “look-back window” allowing survivors to file lawsuits that would otherwise be barred by the statute of limitations. The law, versions of which have been passed in about half of states, finally allowed the St. Martinville survivors to sue the church and diocese that harbored their abuser.

    The three-year "lookback window" was opened in June 2021 and allowed individuals to file abuse lawsuits regardless of when the incidents are alleged to have occurred. The change in law, stemming from a case against the Diocese of Lafayette, had faced various legal challenges and was taken up by the state’s high court in late 2023.

    This is all relevant because the New Orleans Catholic Church Exposed for Ties to Child Sex-Trafficking and their crimes likely go over a long period of time.

    Do you think the ruling should be upheld?

    Please no more antisemetic whatabouts regarding Jewish People\


    The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New Orleans has come under fire as the target of a Louisiana sex-trafficking probe, according to an 11-page search warrant made public Tuesday. But a recent ruling by the Louisiana Supreme Court might stand in the way of any victims seeking to hold the church accountable.

    The document requested that the archdiocese hand over “ANY and ALL documents that pertain in any way to the sexual abuse of a minor by clergy members employed or otherwise associated with the Archdiocese of New Orleans,” specifying that those records violate the state’s child sex-trafficking laws.

    The warrant also demands any and all communications between Gregory Aymond, the archbishop of New Orleans, and “ANY department within the Vatican pertaining to child sexual abuse.”

    Aymand reportedly led a cover-up of the sprawling child sex-trafficking scheme that targeted children for several decades, going so far as to ignore pleas by his advisers to punish and publicly reveal the identities of priests and deacons in at least six separate cases that the church had determined were credible accusations of sexual misconduct with minors, according to a bombshell 48-page memorandum leaked in 2023 to The Guardian.

    The warrant, which was filed last week, included disturbing details of the pedophilic scheme—including that, in some instances, “‘gifts’ were given to abuse victims by the accused [molesters] with instructions to pass on or give the gift to certain priests at the next school or church,” noting that the “‘gift’ was a form of signaling to another priest that the person was a target for sexual abuse.” Abuse was also a common occurrence at the New Orleans Seminary, where children were encouraged to skinny dip in front of other members of the Archdiocese before being assaulted, according to the warrant.

    But a judgment by the Bayou State’s highest court has effectively stripped sexual assault survivors of an avenue of justice against the church. The judges ruled 3–4 in March that it’s the due process rights of priests and their enablers to not be held accountable in instances of sexual assault.

    The case, Bienvenu v. Diocese of Lafayette, was brought by Douglas Bienvenu and several other plaintiffs who claimed they were sexually molested by a Roman Catholic priest during the 1970s, when they were between the ages of 8 and 14.

    In its majority opinion, issued on March 22, the court argued that while the facts of the case were largely undisputed, the priest—and the religious institution he was a part of—was actually protected under the U.S. Constitution’s due process clause. Therefore, a sexual assault “look-back” window established by the Louisiana legislature in 2021 was actually, according to the court, unconstitutional.




    https://www.yahoo.com/news/horrifyin...175639320.html
    You keep posting the same things and no matter how often you do it still does not say what you claim it says.





  3. #39

    Re: Should Priests and Pastor have immunity from Sexual Abuse Cases?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    The Louisiana High Court, ruled that Priests Have a “Property Right” Not to Be Sued For Sexual Abuse ( https://ballsandstrikes.org/legal-cu...ch-abuse-case/)

    Well the Archdiocese of New Orleans has a warrant out for running a child sex trafficking ring. (https://t.co/zyqQ0bHAhf)


    Do you think Christians should have qualified Immunity from child abuse ?


    Personally I don't believe in coincidences, I suspect they made things happen in this order for a reason.


    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    No one in their right mind thinks that priest and clergy should have immunity from sexual abuse charges against children.





  4. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Carroll County
    Posts
    6,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should Priests and Pastor have immunity from Sexual Abuse Cases?

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    No one in their right mind thinks that priest and clergy should have immunity from sexual abuse charges against children.
    Shade's an idiot for even posting this question here. It's the left who are all in on covering up child abuse. Let's not forget our own FBI sat on information about the Michigan gymnastics coach who was abusing those young gymnast girls. Or the Hollywood assholes among others that were aware of Weinstein and Epstein being abusers but remained quiet till they were both outed. That the only reason they distanced themselves from those 2 scumbags. Then we have the case in Virginia where the school board lied to parents about 1 of their students being sexually assaulted in a bathroom, the "trans" kid was quietly transferred to another school, where he sexually assaulted another girl. The school board didn't want any of this getting out because they wanted to protect their trans bathroom policy. These are sick people to allow child abuse of any kind or any reason and may they burn in hell.





  5. #41

    Re: Should Priests and Pastor have immunity from Sexual Abuse Cases?

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    It's the left who are all in on covering up child abuse. .
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/06/polit...nvs/index.html


    What Jordan and other coaches knew, and when they knew it, has been under scrutiny since 2018, when OSU announced an investigation into the allegations against Strauss. An independent report commissioned by the university concluded last year that Strauss “sexually abused at least 177 male student-patients” between 1979 and 1998. The doctor died by suicide in 2005.

    A number of lawsuits have been filed against OSU over allegations related to Strauss. On Friday, OSU announced that it reached a monetary settlement with Strauss’ victims in 11 out of 18 pending cases.

    Since the scandal emerged, Jordan has emphatically denied that he knew anything about Strauss’ abuse during his own years working at OSU, between 1987 and 1995. “Congressman Jordan never saw any abuse, never heard about any abuse, and never had any abuse reported to him during his time as a coach at Ohio State,” his congressional office said in 2018.


    Jim Jordan covered up OSU abuses.

    Epestein and Weinsten were protected by Trumps personal favorite Lawyer and friend Alan Dewshowitz
    I believe in Devontez Walker





  6. #42

    Re: Should Priests and Pastor have immunity from Sexual Abuse Cases?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Epestein has a lot of powerful friends and they all should be arrested.









    Alan Deshowitz was one of Epesteins most powerful allies, he is a harvard lawyer who defended Harvey Weinstein, he got Epestein off and happens to be Trumps top lawyer. He and Trump were in the Epestein Papers.

    NPR:



    source: https://www.npr.org/2024/01/13/12241...-clinton-trump
    You know as well as anyone that public people have their picture taken all the time, you have zero clue or give no context to where or why these pictures were taken. Dershowitz may have done work for Trump but to make any connection between trump and Epstein because Dershowitz was Trump's lawyer is even more of a stretch. Epstein documents include Trump's name? OK.....what context? Oh you didn't provide any. This post is nothing but pure hyperbole. You give no evidence of wrong doing. Other then some loose attempt in trying to prove........"guilty by association".


    Before you tell me how I am trying to protect Trump......or as you have called him........"your God". I spent most of my adult life coaching young people, I promised you I have sacrificed more then you could ever imagine to help children, protect children and nurture them. Only God knows how much money I have spent or sacrificed by not working over time or weekends to mentor young men.
    I noticed you never mentioned that Trump had Epstein thrown out of and banned from Mara Lago for hitting on a young female.

    Like everyone else I think that anyone who sexually abuses a minor should die a horrible death......tar and feathered in the town square. In Trumps case there was zero evidence......nothing more then the alleged victims word. There were NO collaborating witnesses, zero physical evidence. There was no evidence that Trump ever knew the victim. There was no evidence that Trump was ever in the presence of the victim. Trump wasn't found guilty of rape in the civil suit.......it was battery. Battery and Defamation. It was a sham of a trial.......and you know it. The defamation charge came after Trump wasn't criminally charged for sexual assault. You left that out as well......you want to explain to the class why Trump wasn't criminally charged for Rape?

    Trump had every right to verbally express his opinion on the false charges of the alleged victim. Her lawyers knew they would win in a civil suit in New York. If Trump had any other last name it would have never made it to court.........you know it and everyone else knows it.

    Again, I must admit you are world class when it comes to being a troll. You are the Jedi Troll master.
    Always buying Antique and vintage items......





  7. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Ellicott City, MD
    Posts
    422

    Re: Should Priests and Pastor have immunity from Sexual Abuse Cases?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Nobody should have immunity from child abuse, especially the biggest offenders in the world when it comes to abusing kids.

    This is a dumb topic, not surprising. Who here supports exemptions for anyone who is guilty of abuse??

    No one should be exempt, but statistically, family members and teachers are much higher on the list of likely child predators. The John Jay report went into much of this. Not sure why there isn't more concern aimed there, if people actually cared.

    https://www.loc.gov/item/2019667266/

    Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Don Frye's Moustache; 05-04-2024 at 09:07 PM.





  8. #44

    Re: Should Priests and Pastor have immunity from Sexual Abuse Cases?

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Frye's Moustache View Post
    This is a dumb topic, not surprising. Who here supports exemptions for anyone who is guilty of abuse??

    No one should be exempt, but statistically, family members and teachers are much higher on the list of likely child predators. The John Jay report went into much of this. Not sure why there isn't more concern aimed there, if people actually cared.

    https://www.loc.gov/item/2019667266/

    Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
    They guy bitching about this red herring want's men in dresses and women on test to be able to co-opt children on the internet and coax them into getting their balls and breasts removed without their parents say so.

    Sick, sick f***.





  9. #45

    Re: Should Priests and Pastor have immunity from Sexual Abuse Cases?

    Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    They guy bitching about this red herring want's men in dresses and women on test to be able to co-opt children on the internet and coax them into getting their balls and breasts removed without their parents say so.

    Sick, sick f***.
    Where did I say that?

    Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I believe in Devontez Walker





  10. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    14,054

    Re: Should Priests and Pastor have immunity from Sexual Abuse Cases?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    yes it now applies to everyone AFTER it was repealed for the clergy. They didnt repeal it until it affected a christian institution. The law stood for years prior.


    If I give all my kids punishment for bad grades, but then when my favorite child is in trouble I decide that bad grades are cool now. Thats special treatment.
    How many other challenges have been brought unsuccessfully?

    I'll wait.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //—->