Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Should Priests and Pastor have immunity from Sexual Abuse Cases?

The Louisiana High Court, ruled that Priests Have a “Property Right” Not to Be Sued For Sexual Abuse ( https://ballsandstrikes.org/legal-cu...ch-abuse-case/)

Well the Archdiocese of New Orleans has a warrant out for running a child sex trafficking ring. (https://t.co/zyqQ0bHAhf)

Do you think Christians should have qualified Immunity from child abuse ?

Personally I don't believe in coincidences, I suspect they made things happen in this order for a reason.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    I believe in Devontez Walker

Blog Entries

Re: Should Priests and Pastor have immunity from Sexual Abuse Cases?

Nobody should have immunity from child abuse, especially the biggest offenders in the world when it comes to abusing kids.

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Like Hollywood and Politicians do?

Epstein sure went away… probably because the Clintons were so intimately involved, literally and figuratively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Like Hollywood and Politicians do?

Epstein sure went away… probably because the Clintons were so intimately involved, literally and figuratively.

Epestein has a lot of powerful friends and they all should be arrested.

Alan Deshowitz was one of Epesteins most powerful allies, he is a harvard lawyer who defended Harvey Weinstein, he got Epestein off and happens to be Trumps top lawyer. He and Trump were in the Epestein Papers.

NPR:

source: https://www.npr.org/2024/01/13/12241...-clinton-trump

Blog Entries

Again misrepresentation of what the ruling was about.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Again misrepresentation of what the ruling was about.
    The Louisiana Supreme Court has decided to strip sexual assault survivors of an avenue of justice, ruling 3–4 that it’s the due process rights of priests and their enablers to not be held accountable in instances of sexual assault.

The case, Bienvenu v. Diocese of Lafayette, was brought by Douglas Bienvenu and several other plaintiffs who claimed they were sexually molested by a Roman Catholic priest during the 1970s, when they were between the ages of 8 and 14.

But in its majority opinion issued on March 22, the court argued that while the facts of the case were largely undisputed, the priest—and the religious institution he was a part of—was actually protected under the U.S. Constitution’s due process clause, which says that no one shall be “deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law.”

“Given these constitutional limitations, the issue presented by this case turns on whether the revival provisions operate to disturb defendants’ vested rights,” wrote Louisiana Justice James Genovese, specifying that “we are constrained to find the statutory enactment is contrary to the due process protections enshrined in our constitution and must yield to that supreme law.”

The Louisiana Child Victims Act, according to the court, “cannot be retroactively applied to revive plaintiffs’ prescribed causes of action” on the basis that such an action would “divest defendants of their vested right to plead prescription.”

The Louisiana legislature passed the act in 2021 to establish a “look-back” window for sexual assault victims. The legislation provided victims of sexual abuse crimes from any period with an opportunity to pursue justice against their alleged abusers, so long as they filed their lawsuits before June 2024. But the court effectively ruled that the look-back window was actually unconstitutional.

Louisiana is not the only state to repeal such a law. Courts in Utah and Colorado also found similar look-back windows to be unconstitutional, and other windows across the country continue to be challenged due to the complications of prosecuting crimes with minimal evidence and which may have taken place decades in the past.

What did I misrepresent?

The courts ruled that Relgious Figures have extra protections in the case that they abuse children.

Dont you guys think its weird that there is insurance for churches in the case of sexual abuse?

https://www.ministryinsured.com/chur...e-molestation/

https://www.churchlawandtax.com/keep...lity-coverage/

Maybe im weird but Child sexual abuse shouldnt be an encouraged industry.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Epestein has a lot of powerful friends and they all should be arrested.

Alan Deshowitz was one of Epesteins most powerful allies, he is a harvard lawyer who defended Harvey Weinstein, he got Epestein off and happens to be Trumps top lawyer. He and Trump were in the Epestein Papers.

NPR:

source: https://www.npr.org/2024/01/13/12241...-clinton-trump
    Sure IF he can be tied to Epstein and the activities he certainly should be arrested. Not sure we would have any government at all if we arrested everyone involved with sec trafficking.

Blog Entries

What did I misrepresent?

The courts ruled that Relgious Figures have extra protections in the case that they abuse children.

url]
    Well its right in that article (as slanted as it is) that they ruled that they could not retroactively change the statute of limitations. It doesn’t say they have ‘extra protection for religious figures.

Well its right in that article (as slanted as it is) that they ruled that they could not retroactively change the statute of limitations. It doesn’t say they have ‘extra protection for religious figures.
    Not quite it says the look-back window, a law passed to make the statue of limitations not count for child sexual abuse so that MONSTERS don't get away with Abusing Children don't apply to religious figures.

So if the look back applies to others but not them then....

You shouldn't need immunity from child abuse and rape insurance to teach about skydaddy.

Blog Entries

Not quite it says the look-back window, a law passed to make the statue of limitations not count for child sexual abuse so that MONSTERS don't get away with Abusing Children don't apply to religious figures.

So if the look back applies to others but not them then....

You shouldn't need immunity from child abuse and rape insurance to teach about skydaddy.

It would apply to all people accused of child abuse. This case just happens to be about clergy

It would apply to all people accused of child abuse. This case just happens to be about clergy
    No the look-back law applies to everyone but clergy lol

Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, and Nebraska have all eliminated the statute of limitations for claims arising from the sexual abuse of a minor that occurred after a specified date

https://katzbanks.com/employment-law...-abuse-claims/

On May 9, 2023, a New York jury returned a verdict in favor of E. Jean Carroll, awarding her roughly $5 million for her claims of defamation and battery against Donald Trump. Of the final award, over $2 million was based on the jury’s having found Trump liable for sexually abusing Carroll in 1996. The jury spent less than three hours deliberating to conclude that Trump should face legal repercussions for his criminal actions from over 25 years ago.

Although Trump is seeking to have the damages reduced, this victory was about clearing Carroll’s name more than anything else. “This victory is not just for me but for every woman who has suffered because she was not believed,” Carroll said in a statement she released after receiving the final verdict. “To finally have an entire jury be like, ‘No, we believe you’ – it’s incredibly vindicating,” echoed Samantha Holvey, a former Miss North Carolina in the Miss USA competition who, in 2016, courageously came forward with allegations regarding Trump’s mistreatment of pageant competitors.

Carroll’s victory shows that it is sometimes possible to hold abusers accountable for their criminal conduct, regardless of when the abuse occurred. For Carroll, legal relief came through New York’s Adult Survivor Act. The Act provides a one-year “lookback window” for people to seek civil relief for abuse they experienced after they turned 18 that would otherwise have been untimely. Thanks to the Act’s lookback window, Carroll’s claims could be heard on their merits instead of being dismissed for being filed too late. “E. Jean got into that courtroom because a collective group of survivors fought exhaustively and relentlessly to change the law,” said Alison Turkos, an activist and survivor who helped advocate for New York’s Act.

Donald Trump actually got caught because of look-back laws.

Blog Entries

No the look-back law applies to everyone but clergy lol

Where do you get that?