Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cincinnati-Nov 30

Anybody going to this game?

I want to do a Ravens away game this year but they are either: Miami-airfare too expensive, Giants-tickets too expensive, Dallas-airfare too expensive or Cleveland-forget it. Cincinnati seems like a good bet, tickets are reasonable, I know the area having been there a few times and I can drive there (although its a long drive). But I'd rather not take my chances of being the only Ravens fan there.

Re: Cincinnati-Nov 30

Mav. I would actually consider this. Let me know if you further contemplate this.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

dave, cool, i will keep posting on this one. i checked stubhub for tix and they had some in the $51 range in the high end zone and upper tank, which is pretty reasonable considering the face value is higher than that. and the cincinnati/newport, ky waterfront area is chock full of bars and restaurants. downtown 'nati sucks (for the most part) but the waterfront area is enjoyable

Sounds good. We have some time to hash a plan out.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

I live here in Bungletown. If you guys end up coming here, PM me if you have any questions about lodging, restaurants, etc. I can even give you my cell # if you have any last minute problems or questions.

A lot of people stay in Northern Kentucky and walk across the bridges for the game.

I do know that with these bandwagoners jumping off, ticket prices are dropping fast around here. You may do well scalping.

cool man. i know when i've been in the 'nati before i've stayed in sharonville, which has a lot of hotels, gas stations and fast food joints but is about 20 mins outside the city. no. kentucky would be better for sure, although walking over the roebling suspension bridge is downright terrifying to me, lol.

dave, if you're still in for this one i am. i was thinking of getting tickets early next month. i'll check up on accomodations. you want to exchange emails to hash out a plan?

anybody else want to get in on this? be nice to have a pack of ravens fans invading that stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by mavhimself View Post
    cool man. i know when i've been in the 'nati before i've stayed in sharonville, which has a lot of hotels, gas stations and fast food joints but is about 20 mins outside the city. no. kentucky would be better for sure, although walking over the roebling suspension bridge is downright terrifying to me, lol.

dave, if you're still in for this one i am. i was thinking of getting tickets early next month. i'll check up on accomodations. you want to exchange emails to hash out a plan?

anybody else want to get in on this? be nice to have a pack of ravens fans invading that stadium.
    Sharonville is a good location especially if you're driving. You could catch a shuttle to the game or chip in on a cab and then head up I 71 to Columbus for the trip home. If you're flying, check out AirTran or some of the other discount airlines that fly into Dayton. I'm flying out of Dayton for a 4 day weekend in OC next month, and got a really nice deal. Dayton's only an hour away and can save you $$$$$$$$$$$$$ (to spend on beer)

Downtown does suck, but there are a few small crazy bars that fill up before the game. Tina's is one. Most of the tailgating happens at Longworth Hall (looks a bit like the Camden Warehouse).

I may be able to grab a few brews with you the night before or at tailgaiting if I'm in town. Maybe I'll bring my wife so we'll have a Bengals fan to harass.

orioleway, i was planning on driving. i know its a long one but i've done it before and even though gas sucks these days, i'm pretty sure filling up my hyundai four times will cost less than flying there at this point. i'll check up on the longworth hall. i know some of the bars across the river in newport which i've had fun at.

we can excahnge emails to hook up before the game. it's funny you mention harassing a bengals fan because i was hoping a buddy of mine who lives in l.a. and is a huge bengals fan would be in town (since its just after thanksgiving) and i could harrass him but alas...

Driving's not bad, I've been doing the 8 hours to Western Md. for years. There's the route through Columbus, which is mostly interstate.

We use another route that is a bit more "as the crow flies", but the big advantage is very few trucks. Goes through Athens Ohio. Let me know if you want me to run it by you.

yeah, i'll likely take the interstate route. other than the part where you go through downtown columbus its pretty clear for the most part. from outside pittsburgh to columbus you can pretty much drive like dale jr at daytona, lol.

btw, tickets for this game are available on stubhub for as low as $40 each. upper tank seats obviously but $40 nonetheless (face value is $64) hell, in bmo we haven't seen $40 seats in roughly a decade.

I just got this from MistaT: below face value:

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/tix/859378994.html

is t going to this game? be nice to know who to look out for on this one. dave are you still in?