Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: The Lamar disrespect is INSANE.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    They put our First Ballot HOF QB on the same level as Caleb Williams who hasnít even taken a SNAP. SMH. I would move Stafford and Lamar up and Burrow and Allen DOWN. They havenít accomplished anything. Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seems like legit rankings. Why do you even care though?

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    Let's generously give Lamar 300 extra yards for the Pitt game. That still puts 10 Qbs above him in passing yards. Let's generously give him 2 more tds, he is tied for 9th. Yes the 800 rushing yards are great and I certainly don't deny are an integral part of his game, but he only rushed for 300 more than Josh Allen did this year.

The interception number is great, QBR 4th is nice if you care about that stat. But there is nothing he did last year that would indicate he had a remarkable year unless you look at the Ravens TEAM record. Most of his obvious competitors had a down year, and thus it was obvious who won MVP.

The idea that Lamar deserved to win the MVP, but that he did not have a great year should not be mutually exclusive.
    In NFL they just give the MVP to the QB of the team with the best record.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

Your last paragraph is perfect. Lamar didnít win the MvP because he was the best player all season, he won it because he was the only top guy to finish the regular season at his peak: Voters have short memories.

Doesn't have to be a recency bias.

Looking at each player's entire 2023 regular season, who was more valuable to their team than Lamar?

IMO McCaffery is the only other player even in the conversation, and when in doubt, the vote is always going to go to the guy who touches the ball on every play.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
    Seems like legit rankings. Why do you even care though?
    Because it's the offseason and there's not a lot to debate.

OP advocated for moving Lamar and Stafford up over Burrow and Allen. I'm not sure what criteria can be made that doesn't agree with PG in some way.

If someone is giving Burrow props for making a superbowl then Goff and Purdy should be on his same level while Stafford is above him.

If it's stats related, Lamar should be above Allen since they came in the league together yet Lamar has the better career completion %, TD%, INT%, yards per attempt, air yards per attempt, and passer rating. If cumulative stats are all that matter, IE career passing TDs and yards, regardless of attempt numbers, then Stafford should still be 2nd.

Maybe it's recency bias, but then a ton of people should be above Burrow.

Stroud shouldn't be that high after one season either. Lawrence is too high imo. It's just a shit list after Mahomes

Blog Entries

Caleb Williams is way way too high. Goff is way to low. Stroud is way too high.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Doesn't have to be a recency bias.

Looking at each player's entire 2023 regular season, who was more valuable to their team than Lamar?

IMO McCaffery is the only other player even in the conversation, and when in doubt, the vote is always going to go to the guy who touches the ball on every play.
    Tyreek maybe, but thatís my point.
    It was very much a season without a runaway choice.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Tyreek maybe, but that’s my point.
    It was very much a season without a runaway choice.

There *was* a runaway choice.

His name was Lamar Jackson. That's why he got all but one vote. That's the very definition of runaway choice, no?
    "Chin up, chest out."

His name was Lamar Jackson. That's why he got all but one vote. That's the very definition of runaway choice, no?
    Is there any other year he would have won with that season?

He was the best player last year in the regular season, yes, but that was a particularly low hurdle compared to most seasons.

Blog Entries

I’d say Pat Mahomes. But he’s hit the peak Jordan part of his career where they will for reasons not to give it to him

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Iíd say Pat Mahomes. But heís hit the peak Jordan part of his career where they will for reasons not to give it to him
    He had a very mediocre regular season carrying that rag tag cast of. Characters to the playoffs:

Great defense for sure, but bottom 5 offense outside of him. He was only an MVP candidate after the playoffs, his regular season was very meh.

It would make much more sense trying to discredit Lamars MVP Season if he didn't do it twice in entirely different situations.

Maybe he's just good

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    PROUD DISABLED VETERAN DESPITE RSR HATRED

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Because it's the offseason and there's not a lot to debate.

OP advocated for moving Lamar and Stafford up over Burrow and Allen. I'm not sure what criteria can be made that doesn't agree with PG in some way.

If someone is giving Burrow props for making a superbowl then Goff and Purdy should be on his same level while Stafford is above him.

If it's stats related, Lamar should be above Allen since they came in the league together yet Lamar has the better career completion %, TD%, INT%, yards per attempt, air yards per attempt, and passer rating. If cumulative stats are all that matter, IE career passing TDs and yards, regardless of attempt numbers, then Stafford should still be 2nd.

Maybe it's recency bias, but then a ton of people should be above Burrow.

Stroud shouldn't be that high after one season either. Lawrence is too high imo. It's just a shit list after Mahomes

They only had 4 players above Lamar. And you have to give it to Mahomes being at the top. So that only leaves Burrow , Stroud and Allen as question marks. Burrow 5-2 in the playoffs so I think he is a lock for top 4.

Burrow runs just about as well as Lamar and throws for over 4000 yards every year. I think he is a lock.

So the only one you can really question is Stroud. But I guess if they had Lamar above Stroud no one would be discussing this at all so probably why they put him there.