Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: The Lamar disrespect is INSANE.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    You do know by now he has you ignore and that’s why he has responded to your last 200 posts about him.
    Well, Ex has had him blocked for months now and he still has multiple mentions of Ex and/or responses to him regularly. What's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    Amazing to me that Lamar fans continually love to diminish every other person on the Ravens in order to prop up Lamar. I agree he should have been the MVP, but let's not act like he had some phenomenal season, other than the Ravens record and that was boosted by far more than just Lamar. We had the best coach in the NFL last season, we had a GM that made some great veteran moves, a defense that allowed the fewest points in the NFL, an organization that continually gets the most of the players.

Also the fact that you even try to say that he won in high leverage situations is laughable. Browns loss they scored the final 17 points. Colts game he couldn't close out a win. Rams game was closest thing I could find to a high leverage situation, and we won that game on a punt return/no call.

He was a great front runner like he has been most of his career. Trust me it is really nice in pressure games like against the Lions/49ers/Miami to just play great football and get a big lead. But one of the issues with Lamar is that he does so often come up small in high leverage situations, and this year was no different.
    Replying on my phone, so forgive the formatting, but:

1) I'm certainly not diminishing the defense, but I am going to call a spade a spade when it comes to what we put around him on offense. Our starting RB had a season ending injury immediately. Our best WR was a rookie. We lost our all-pro tight end for half the year. We lost our LT for half the year, and the rest of the year he was so bad they had to rotate him with a career backup. Our RT was also so bad he had to be rotated with his backup. Even with that, our starting LG was our worst starter on the line. Even our RG was only decent. The only players we had on offense last year that were exceptional were Lamar, and Linderbaum. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous.

2) I'm not sure you quite understood what I meant by high leverage "situations". I'm not referring to the bigger games as a whole, per se. I'm referring to moments within games where we needed a play. He consistently made those plays when he needed to, and that's the biggest reason we had the best record in the league last year. Say what you want about him not racking up huge numbers, but if you're trying to act like he hasn't consistently made key plays when necessary to actually WIN games, I'm starting to doubt whether you actually watched many Ravens games. There is a reason his W/L record is so amazing in his career.

3) The issue with Lamar is not coming up small in high-leverage situations. He almost always comes up big in those moments. The issue with Lamar has been coming up big in the playoffs. Again, we are talking about the difference between "situations" and games as a whole, here. And he DOES come up big in big regular season games. He just has to improve in the playoffs.

I gotta be honest. I really think you're either a fan of another team trolling, or you just box-score watch, or you're just so set on your initial evaluation of him that you refuse to see what's obviously in front of your face on screen. I mean how many times did he have to make an absolutely phenomenal play last year to avoid getting sacked by multiple players just to get a 5 yard completion? That's an example of how he is so valuable. No one else in the league could've done that for our team so consistently last year.

Quote Originally Posted by tnsmith90 View Post

1) I'm certainly not diminishing the defense, but I am going to call a spade a spade when it comes to what we put around him on offense. Our starting RB had a season ending injury immediately. Our best WR was a rookie. We lost our all-pro tight end for half the year. We lost our LT for half the year, and the rest of the year he was so bad they had to rotate him with a career backup. Our RT was also so bad he had to be rotated with his backup. Even with that, our starting LG was our worst starter on the line. Even our RG was only decent. The only players we had on offense last year that were exceptional were Lamar, and Linderbaum. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous.

2) I'm not sure you quite understood what I meant by high leverage "situations". I'm not referring to the bigger games as a whole, per se. I'm referring to moments within games where we needed a play. He consistently made those plays when he needed to, and that's the biggest reason we had the best record in the league last year. Say what you want about him not racking up huge numbers, but if you're trying to act like he hasn't consistently made key plays when necessary to actually WIN games, I'm starting to doubt whether you actually watched many Ravens games. There is a reason his W/L record is so amazing in his career.

3) The issue with Lamar is not coming up small in high-leverage situations. He almost always comes up big in those moments. The issue with Lamar has been coming up big in the playoffs. Again, we are talking about the difference between "situations" and games as a whole, here. And he DOES come up big in big regular season games. He just has to improve in the playoffs.

I gotta be honest. I really think you're either a fan of another team trolling, or you just box-score watch, or you're just so set on your initial evaluation of him that you refuse to see what's obviously in front of your face on screen. I mean how many times did he have to make an absolutely phenomenal play last year to avoid getting sacked by multiple players just to get a 5 yard completion? That's an example of how he is so valuable. No one else in the league could've done that for our team so consistently last year.
    That’s a funny way of saying we had a top 5 OL, the #1 run game in football and the deepest TE room in football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jimjim5 View Post
    He got carried by a stacked defense. C'mon, were we watching the same games?
    Oh, please. He led the 4th highest scoring offense with no one around him. That's not getting carried by a stacked defense. It's not like he was Trent Dilfer out there.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    That’s a funny way of saying we had a top 5 OL, the #1 run game in football and the deepest TE room in football.

You've got to be kidding me. Do you really think we would have had a "top 5 OL" without Lamar running around making them look good? Do you really think we would have had the #1 run game without Lamar both adding yards, and occupying a defender on hand-offs? Do you really think our TE room was that amazing without our All-Pro tightend for half the year? You're better than this Jonboy...

Where is this stuff about Moses being bad last year? He was rotating because he was dealing with an injury.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Where is this stuff about Moses being bad last year? He was rotating because he was dealing with an injury.
    Yes, he was dealing with an injury, which made him play pretty mediocre. Maybe "bad" was a strong word, but it's not like he was playing great out there. He was just okay while in the game, and had to be subbed quite often for a backup that did not play well at all.

You've got to be kidding me. Do you really think we would have had a "top 5 OL" without Lamar running around making them look good? Do you really think we would have had the #1 run game without Lamar both adding yards, and occupying a defender on hand-offs? Do you really think our TE room was that amazing without our All-Pro tightend for half the year? You're better than this Jonboy...
    Quite frankly, yes. This OL is both helped and hurt by Lamar, but would have been top 5 with any QB.

The run game certainly wouldn’t have been #1 without Lamar, but it was also far from hot garbage.

And Likely and Andrews both are easily top 10 TE’s in this league, with Kolar and Ricard also being top 50.,, so yes, even with only a half season by Andrews this was still one of the best units in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    PFF had him as our highest graded lineman…

While imperfect, he was certainly NOT bad…

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Well, Ex has had him blocked for months now and he still has multiple mentions of Ex and/or responses to him regularly. What's the difference?
    That doesn’t sound like ex. He’s never blocked anyone that I can remember

Blog Entries

Wouldn’t overtime be a high leverage situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    That doesn’t sound like ex. He’s never blocked anyone that I can remember
    He had a post awhile ago where he said he got tired of being followed around and argued with on every post he made. Said he was blocking then. If you've noticed, all the interactions or mentions have been one sided for a long time