Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 35363738 LastLast

Re: The Lamar disrespect is INSANE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    Itís all comes down to the how. How do we improve the passing game? Some people here just love to argue each little thing. But I donít think anyone argues against any aspect of our team improving. Passing game specific, some posters see how much the passing game can improve just with Lamar. No additional dollars spent or players traded. Just Lamar getting better as a consistent thrower of the ball, all passes, but particularly the deep third. Now it would be wonderful to give Lamar a stud X receiver, someone to just trust throw with on third down and let the stud be a playmaker. But how rare are those players, and how do you actually aquire one outside of drafting him? They havenít even been available as free agents, and how much do we wanna trade away? Those are all real questions that make the WR market difficult. And man it would be great if we could just get some decent production from Bateman. Let him turn guys inside out with comeback timing routes on 3rd down, and let Lamar hit him with an accurate pass too. Maybe thereís still a low priced camp casualty receiver we can add, really to challenge Agolor or allow Bate to play in the slot. This offense could be very potent with a solid O line and a decent Bateman. Just gotta make it happen with him.
    For me, you start making the passing game better by improving the pass blocking. It feels like the o-line in Baltimore has always been more focused on run blocking. Build Lamar that ridiculous o-line that Philly had 2 years ago, Cleveland had a few years back, Dallas has had a few times, etc, and the passing under Monken will improve drastically.

And improvement at WR would help, obviously, but it's not where I would start

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Feet is already plural.
    Have you ever heard of the term "cacography"??? Look it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    Itís all comes down to the how. How do we improve the passing game? Some people here just love to argue each little thing. But I donít think anyone argues against any aspect of our team improving. Passing game specific, some posters see how much the passing game can improve just with Lamar. No additional dollars spent or players traded. Just Lamar getting better as a consistent thrower of the ball, all passes, but particularly the deep third. Now it would be wonderful to give Lamar a stud X receiver, someone to just trust throw with on third down and let the stud be a playmaker. But how rare are those players, and how do you actually aquire one outside of drafting him? They havenít even been available as free agents, and how much do we wanna trade away? Those are all real questions that make the WR market difficult. And man it would be great if we could just get some decent production from Bateman. Let him turn guys inside out with comeback timing routes on 3rd down, and let Lamar hit him with an accurate pass too. Maybe thereís still a low priced camp casualty receiver we can add, really to challenge Agolor or allow Bate to play in the slot. This offense could be very potent with a solid O line and a decent Bateman. Just gotta make it happen with him.
    Letís improve the passing game without passing more often or spending more cap dollars.
    If Monken and Lamar are as good as some claim, that should be a fine goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Letís improve the passing game without passing more often or spending more cap dollars.
    If Monken and Lamar are as good as some claim, that should be a fine goal.
    You spelled "Rashod Bateman" wrong

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    You spelled "Rashod Bateman" wrong
    Sure, him as well. Can add Likely to the mix.

I think you win in the trenches. I agree with purple_city39. Let's improve the OL pass blocking if we want to continue trending up with the passing game.

If we improve the pass blocking then Todd can add more to the offense and Lamar will have more time to pick apart opposing defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    I think you win in the trenches. I agree with purple_city39. Let's improve the OL pass blocking if we want to continue trending up with the passing game.

If we improve the pass blocking then Todd can add more to the offense and Lamar will have more time to pick apart opposing defenses.
    As posted in one of these threads Lamar was the 40th most likely QB to face pressure as a percentage of drop backs.

Improving in that would be impressive.

As posted in one of these threads Lamar was the 40th most likely QB to face pressure as a percentage of drop backs.

Improving in that would be impressive.

40th? Lol. This has to be the dumbest stat I’ve ever seen in my life. Who the hell would quote something that stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    40th? Lol. This has to be the dumbest stat Iíve ever seen in my life. Who the hell would quote something that stupid.
    30th sorry, typo.

30th sorry, typo.

In wonder why that is ? Could it be his ability to torch you running with the ball? Nah. Must be his deadly accuracy and super quick release.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    In wonder why that is ? Could it be his ability to torch you running with the ball? Nah. Must be his deadly accuracy and super quick release.

Nope.
    Itís that the OL is actually good.
    Lamarís escapability only comes into play after a pressure event has occurred. We all know he holds the ball as long as anyone in football.

It could be that edge players want to keep contain for his eventual scramble, that is feasible. If that is true however, that suggest running more and passing less to be an intelligent decision so that when we need to pass they do remain outside for contain purposes even more.

Nope.
    Itís that the OL is actually good.
    Lamarís escapability only comes into play after a pressure event has occurred. We all know he holds the ball as long as anyone in football.

It could be that edge players want to keep contain for his eventual scramble, that is feasible. If that is true however, that suggest running more and passing less to be an intelligent decision so that when we need to pass they do remain outside for contain purposes even more.

Silly. Why use your best weapon, the best way? Dont you know ?!