Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The Lamar disrespect is INSANE.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    And yet these other QBs had far more appealing situations to impress and didn't

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Let's generously give Lamar 300 extra yards for the Pitt game. That still puts 10 Qbs above him in passing yards. Let's generously give him 2 more tds, he is tied for 9th. Yes the 800 rushing yards are great and I certainly don't deny are an integral part of his game, but he only rushed for 300 more than Josh Allen did this year.

The interception number is great, QBR 4th is nice if you care about that stat. But there is nothing he did last year that would indicate he had a remarkable year unless you look at the Ravens TEAM record. Most of his obvious competitors had a down year, and thus it was obvious who won MVP.

The idea that Lamar deserved to win the MVP, but that he did not have a great year should not be mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    I agree he should have been the MVP, but let's not act like he had some phenomenal season
    Do the two halves of that sentence fit together?

The idea that Lamar deserved to win the MVP, but that he did not have a great year should not be mutually exclusive.
    Yeah, that's wrong. They ARE mutually exclusive.

What you're trying to point out is that Lamar did not have a statistically great season. Which is true. This award looks somewhat like Peyton Manning's 2008 MVP, or Steve McNair's (co-)MVP award. The stats were not the driver.

Fine, lets play the hypothetical game in order to disprove your point. Let's say Ravens lose to 49ers. That means Lamar would not be the MVP. Was that one game enough to distinguish a good from great season? I personally don't think so at all. Lamar's 3 best games also coincided with the Ravens as a team playing their 3 best games of the year against Lions, Dolphins, and 49ers (forgive me if I'm leaving out a game). The Ravens as a TEAM had a great regular season, our QB had a good season and benefitted from the way the MVP is voted upon and quite simply his greatest competitions all had down seasons or were injured.

I'm more than willing to bet Lamar will never have another MVP. Of course last time I offered this and was looking for someone to escrow the whole board asked "why would we not just steal the money" which was incredibly classy.

Btw Jim, I do appreciate your debates. There are a lot of cowards on this board that try to drop the racism card and run away from actual substantive conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by tnsmith90 View Post
    I'd argue that we all watched the games, and what Lamar did was infact remarkable. That's EXACTLY what the MVP award signifies, and the voting was nearly unanimous.

I mean the guy was making phenomenal plays left and right, in high leverage situations, to win games. He is the main reason that the Ravens were so good. It's not like he got carried by a stacked squad.
    He got carried by a stacked defense. C'mon, were we watching the same games?

Blog Entries

Fair or not everyone remembers his last game.

Lamar has earned it, fast feet slow mind (making reads throwing on time ect) Heard a great interview with Bill Polian today on NFL channel about QB play in the NFL, you all should give it a listen

Blog Entries

who gives a shit? oh... I see there are those who spend their time worry about these things...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by jimjim5 View Post
    He got carried by a stacked defense. C'mon, were we watching the same games?
    But he came in and piled up points in big games against the 49ers, Rams and Dolphins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lamar Jackson isn't underrated!~

"Ravens fan" who thinks the 2x MVP is overrated

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    PROUD DISABLED VETERAN DESPITE RSR HATRED

The amount of Lamar trolls who've become regular posters here is frustrating. This thread is littered with them.

Let's generously give Lamar 300 extra yards for the Pitt game. That still puts 10 Qbs above him in passing yards. Let's generously give him 2 more tds, he is tied for 9th. Yes the 800 rushing yards are great and I certainly don't deny are an integral part of his game, but he only rushed for 300 more than Josh Allen did this year.

The interception number is great, QBR 4th is nice if you care about that stat. But there is nothing he did last year that would indicate he had a remarkable year unless you look at the Ravens TEAM record. Most of his obvious competitors had a down year, and thus it was obvious who won MVP.

1st, MVP isn't a stat award. Your focus on stats shows you don't know that. They have "offensive player of the year" for the stats.

2nd, since you are looking at stats, you watched the games last year right? The Ravens came out in each game passing (with Lamar's arm) more than running early on. When they got the nice lead, usually by the 3rd, they went on to run the clock out heavy. It's hard to compile passing stats when you go up 10-14 points at the end of the half/early second half and the team goes run heavy.

In addition, unlike a team like Buffalo, the Ravens got inside the 3 and handed off to the RB. For all his attempts, Allen had just 3 more passing TDs. If the team wanted to make Lamar the hero and run him instead of Gus, he'd have added at least half of Gus' TDs to his stat line. Thankfully they cared more about uis long term health and using their power back the right way

Looking at cumulative stats in regards to the MVP award doesn't work. If it did, Jameis Winston would have won some years back.

However there are stats that back the award. Most passing offensive yards against 500 or better teams. Most TDs against 500 or better teams. When they needed the win in the battle of #1 seeds, he dominated. When they needed to beat Miami to secure the #1 seed, he dominated.

Again, cumulative stats don't paint and MVP picture, there's more to it. Which is why 49 out of 50 people, including Tom Brady who I'm sure knows a little something about MVPs, voted for Lamar